Gone

Saudade

“So… what happens to you?” Wendy asks. “You look like a gangster” Wendy added. They’re currently in a restaurant with the trios.

“You look good though!” Joy said.

“I just got in a fight,” Seulgi said.

“Because?” Yeri asks.

“Well… two high school boys are trying to molest a girl, so you know so I in” Seulgi said then Wendy’s eyes widen and smile brighter.

“That was cool!” Wendy said then they laugh because of her reaction. “No wonders why you’re popular among girls!” Wendy said then Irene look at Seulgi.

“Really?” Yeri asks.

“Seulgi always has a lot of fangirls rather than fanboys, they all went crazy for her in our high school days, but she ignores all of it!” Wendy said. “I like the face of YooA, D.ana and Somi! They’re all super pretty, and they’re gay over Seulgi!” Wendy added.

“Then why did she ignore all of it?” Joy asks.

“I don’t know too, she looks so uninterested actually, she looks someone who got her heartbroken” Wendy said then Seulgi just look at her with an angry face.

“I do not!” Seulgi said with a red face. “I’m not interested in all of them,” Seulgi said.

“But you look so… how can I repeat it? You look so just heartbroken” Wendy said then they laugh even Irene.

“Oh, well, it’s because I just break up with my longtime girlfriend at that moment and it’s not easy to move on!” Seulgi said then Wendy and Joy’s eyes widen at it.

“You had one!!!?? Why you never tell it to me??!!” Wendy said.

“Because I don’t want to talk about it,” Seulgi said.

“But since it’s been a long time ago now, who is the lucky girl?” Wendy asks. Irene listen carefully to them and Yeri looking at Seulgi and Irene from time to time.

“Joohyun is the name,” Seulgi said.

“Ooh, can I see a picture of the girl?” Wendy asks. Then Seulgi shakes her head. “Oh c’mon Seulgi!” Wendy said.

“And I’m going to reveal something more,” Seulgi said. Irene’s heartbeat becomes faster. “The one I save is Irene”        

“WHAT!!!!” All the customers and staff look at them, so they bow as an apology.

“Why?

“When?”

“What happen?”

“Did something bad happen to you?”

“Who’s those two boys?”

“Seulgi did you report the two boys?”

“Why you did not call me?”

Seulgi chuckle at the sight of Irene being a flood of question about what happened. Irene explaining everything about what happens is cute as she panic because the three was all over her, worried.

“How did you find Irene?” Wendy asks Seulgi.

“I called her” Irene quickly said. “It’s my fault why she has a lot of wounds and bruise,” Irene said.

“You called her? You have her number?” Joy asks then Yeri’s evil laugh starting now.

“Well… were friends after all” Irene shyly answered then Seulgi just smile at the sight.

Wendy suddenly feels something heavy in her heart, like a pain of betrayal but kind of off. She must feel jealous about it because she suddenly thought of Irene liking Seulgi who’s done nothing after all. Wendy keeps quiet after Irene answering the question shyly because it was a first time seeing Irene shy.

 

“I think Irene likes you…” Wendy said as she and Seulgi walking on the sidewalk to go home.

“What makes you think of that?” Seulgi asks.

“She called you in a case of emergency instead of me, well even she called me, and I think I will be late,” Wendy said. “And there you are, you are near her, and you save her by your strength which I don’t have,” Wendy said bitterly.

“……………..”

“You save her and get hurt, but you don’t regret it. Irene liking you is understandable, you’re cool” Wendy said. “Sorry, I just feel jealous,” Wendy said but Seulgi stop as it was a right time to say it to Wendy.

“I’m going to say something to you,” Seulgi said.

“What?” Wendy asks. She feels nervous about it because Seulgi rarely does this, stopping just to tell something to her. “Do you like Irene too?” Wendy asks. Seulgi’s eyes widen, and she sighs, but no words come out from .

“……………………..” Seulgi feels she betray her best friend, but she can’t just hide it from her.

“You like her too, don’t you?” Wendy asks.

“…. Wendy….” Seulgi cannot say anything because at first, she is denied about her love but at the same time admitting it.

“I understand, Irene is kind and beautiful, of course, you can like her,” Wendy said.

“Yes, I do, but it is different now,” Seulgi said. Looking serious while talking to Wendy.

“What?” Wendy asks.

“Do you know Irene’s full name?” Seulgi asks.

“Full? Irene Bae, isn’t that her full name?” Wendy said.

“She has a Korean name,” Seulgi said. Wendy as smart she is, starting to get Seulgi’s point. “Irene Bae Joohyun, she’s my ex-girlfriend,” Seulgi said. Wendy’s eyes widen at the revelation. “Yes, I’m that jerk who makes her cry many times, and yes, I’m that person who hurt her multiple time,” Seulgi said.

“……………….” Wendy is not saying anything, so Seulgi continue.

“I know, it surprises you, but I want to tell it to you because you’re my best friend. You must be feeling betrayed, but I’m just afraid that if you know that I’m her ex, you might not stop being friends with me and that’s something I don’t want to happen to the both of us. So I decide to tell it to you because I’m your friend and keeping it from you might hurt you a lot, so it is okay if you hate me, right now” Seulgi said while looking at Wendy’s eyes.     

“Do you still love her?” Wendy asks.

“……….. I hope I do not” Seulgi said.

“You two answer the same” Wendy said. “You two still love each other, how can I win over you?” Wendy asks.

“Look, I’m not doing anything; I let her go now. I will also help you” Seulgi said. “Joohyun will be good if she’s with you, she will be happier with you than with me, and I know for sure, you won’t hurt her as I do,” Seulgi said. Sincerely looking at Wendy.

“That’s cheating for me,” Wendy said. “That’s not fair, and I want a fair fight between us,” Wendy said. “You love her, but you’re giving her to me, I don’t want that to happen!” Wendy added.

“Look……”

“No, I will court Irene by myself, I don’t need your help. Forget what I said about you helping me, I can’t use you just to get Irene, and I notice this for a while, Irene looks forcing herself, you must be the cause of that, don’t you?” Wendy asks. “That’s why she cried,” Wendy asks. “Things makes sense now,” Wendy scoff.

“Wendy…..” Seulgi called her.

“Seulgi, I know I sound mad at you but not and I’m glad you tell it to me before things got complicated. I’m angry in what you’re about to do” Wendy said. “You can’t force Irene if she doesn't want to be with me,” Wendy said.

“It’s not I’m forcing her or what, you will treat her better than me who makes her cry,” Seulgi said. “I’m not a good influence for her!” Seulgi said.

“Why are you making her cry?” Wendy asks.

“It’s been a long time, Wendy, and it was already five years ago,” Seulgi said. Seulgi sigh. “I want you to know, Joohyun and I are far from getting back together. We rarely interact with each other” Seulgi said. “It’s impossible for the both of us now,” Seulgi said.

“Impossible?” Wendy asks.

“Look, I used to be lively, bright and cheerful but what happens to me? I don’t know, I sound sick, I getting weirder and I break my Joohyun’s heart because I’m afraid of everything. I’m a coward, and I want to fix myself first before finding someone I will love” Seulgi said.

“Seulgi….”

“If you want to have a fair fight, I think I will be an advantage, but I won’t use it, I’m backing down to the fight you want for us. Not for the sake of our friendship but for myself” Seulgi said. “

 “Seulgi…” Wendy said.

 

“My baby bear!! I miss you a lot!!” Joohyun hugs Seulgi as she doesn’t see Seulgi for three days as they go to different high school now. Seulgi’s sleeping over that Joohyun’s house because Joohyun will be alone for a day. 

“Me too,” Seulgi said. Joohyun looks at Seulgi weirdly.

“Are you okay?” Joohyun asks as she breaks the hug. Seulgi is not looking at her eyes. “What happens? Did something happen to your school?” Joohyun ask.

“Nothing” Seulgi smile a little. Joohyun notices this little change of personality of Seulgi for a month now.

“You're like that for a month now, can you tell me now what happens?” Joohyun asks then Seulgi just smile and pull Joohyun to straddling her lap. Seulgi caress Joohyun’s head. “What are you doing?” Joohyun shyly asks as this the first time they do it.

“I love you,” Seulgi said. Joohyun just put her hands in Seulgi’s shoulder.

“I love you too,” Joohyun said then smile at Seulgi. Seulgi pull her closer, it makes Joohyun blush.

“I love you a lot,” Seulgi said before pecking Joohyun at neck multiple times, but she stops and kisses Joohyun’s lips. “Let’s break up,” Seulgi said.

“What?” Joohyun asks as she is surprised at Seulgi’s words. “What do you mean? I’m not up for your jokes” Joohyun said.

“Joohyun… you know I love you a lot, it won’t change…” Seulgi said as she looks at Joohyun’s eyes. “I… no, we, we’re hiding our relationship to our parents for a very long time now…” Seulgi said.

“…….”

“Do you know what will happen if they find out about us?” Seulgi asks Joohyun, but Joohyun keeps quiet. “Joohyun, I want you to understand that I value you. If our parents will separate us and they will have bad terms, it’s our fault, and I might not see you completely” Seulgi continue.

“Seulgi, please, what you even saying?” Joohyun asks.

“Are you ready to introduce me to your friends?” Seulgi asks. Joohyun keeps quiet again. “Our relationship is not acceptable to the society. I can’t make you happy in the future, I’m a girl, I’m weak, I can’t protect you, and especially, I can’t marry you” Seulgi said. Joohyun wants to get from Seulgi’s lap because anger is starting to form, but Seulgi holds her waist tighter so she can’t escape.

“So you’re saying you want to break up with me?” Joohyun asks then Seulgi nods.

“And even we’re together in the future, and I can’t give you child. I might not give you everything you want; I’m not that smart, I’m useless, and I don’t want to hold back all the things you want to do because you’re excellent. I can’t provide the things you need” Seulgi said.

“Are you using that excuse?” Joohyun asks. “You is enough!!” Joohyun said.

“Just think about it, our parents are the reason why we met and do you think they will allow us to be together? Do you think it will work?” Seulgi asks. Joohyun keeps quiet again because it agrees too. “It will not work for us! It will even destroy the relationship of our parents! If that happens, I cannot see you completely” Seulgi said.

“So… does that mean… you’re letting me go now…?” Joohyun asks as tears falling from her eyes. Seulgi wipes it. “I’m hurt Seulgi, I just want to be with you, but you’re throwing me away!!” Joohyun shouts at Seulgi and desperately want to get off from Seulgi’s lap, but she failed again when Seulgi put her back to it.

“I’m very sorry,” Seulgi said. “I’m afraid, I know that, and you know that too. I’m so weak, I can’t fight for you, and I know that very well” Seulgi said. 

“How could you say that to me? So I’m nothing to you all this time?” Joohyun said while crying.

“No, you’re my world, and I know you know that but Joohyun, I hope you understand,” Seulgi said.

“So now, this will be our last?” Joohyun asks. Seulgi looks at her first before nodding then Joohyun cries even harder.

Joohyun’s eyes widen when Seulgi kiss her roughly.

“But before that, I need to have you first” Seulgi’s words hitting Joohyun’s lips. This time, their kiss is gentler, Joohyun’s back hit the bed while Seulgi’s taking off Joohyun’s blouse while kissing her.

 

Joohyun wake up , she feels cold, and when she gets up, she realizes that Seulgi is gone, her warm is gone, and it makes her cry again while hugging her knees. Joohyun completely understand Seulgi, Joohyun also thinks about it, but she wants to be with Seulgi a little bit more. It appears that Seulgi is also thinking about it and make a move first. She loves Seulgi a lot, and if she put more pressure to Seulgi, she knows that Seulgi would break and that’s her reason why she agrees to break up with her.

“She’s gone now….”

-----

Now I don't know what will happen next...