Friday Night

Saudade

“Seulgi!!”

“Joohyun~~” Seulgi and Joohyun hug each other when they met in the empty playground after their school. “I miss you!!” Seulgi said.

“We’re classmate you know, and you were with me earlier!” Joohyun said then they both release from the hug.

“But I didn’t see you for hours,” Seulgi said then pout. “I want to see you, like always!” Seulgi said.

“You love me so much, didn’t you?” Joohyun tease Seulgi. Blush is very evident to Seulgi’s cheeks, Joohyun smile at her then kiss her cheek. “And I love you so much too,” Joohyun said then Seulgi smile.

Both of them walk in the street hand in hand, smiling at each other sweetly. Seulgi and Irene both go to a mall to eat or play at the arcade. They mostly spent their Friday night together playing not dating actually. Joohyun hugs Seulgi while walking to go home.

“It’s hard to walk, Joohyun,” Seulgi said.

“I want to hug you!” Joohyun said. Then Seulgi stops and hugs Joohyun back. “Seulgi, be with me,” Joohyun said.

“I’m with you,” Seulgi said.

“Forever,” Joohyun said.

 

“I have to stay here for some research, sorry,” Irene said to Wendy.

“Why?” Wendy asks. “I mean, yes for research,” Wendy said then Irene laugh at her. “I want to take you out since it's Friday night,” Wendy said.

“Sorry, I promise, I will go with you next time. I need to finish it” Irene said.

“Sure, I understand you,” Wendy said. “If you require help, you can call me,” Wendy said.

“Hm. I will” Irene said with a smile. “I will see this Monday” Irene continue. Wendy nods and waves her hands.

“Hm. Bye, take care” Wendy said then smile at Irene.

It’s already 8 when Irene finish her research, and it was dangerous to go home by herself. Since her parents are still on a business trip and called her younger sister won’t help that much, and she doesn't want to bother her friends, so in the end, she goes home by herself. While walking, Irene notice that there are two boys behind her back, they’re still in high school as Irene sees that they’re wearing their uniform.

What scares Irene the most is that the two boys are laughing together creepily and smoking which she hates the most. She panics when the two boys are getting nearer, and she walks fast, but the two boys keep laughing. It leaves Irene no choice but to call Seulgi.

Seulgi: What?

Irene: S-Seulgi…

Seulgi: Oh, what?

Irene: Can you pick me up? There are two boys following me

Seulgi can apparently feel the scared voice of Irene. So suddenly get up and run outside even without wearing a jacket and ignoring the call of her mother.

Seulgi: Where are you? Don’t hang up!

Irene: I’m XXX at the street XXXX, I’m scared Seulgi…

Seulgi can hear the two boys laughing loudly on the phone. So she runs fast

Seulgi: I will be there, don’t worry. Keep walking and don’t hang up.

Seulgi ran fast as she can to reach the destination, she even trips herself and gets herself a wound, but she doesn’t care and keep on running to get in Irene’s place. When she see Irene, the two boys are already cornering her and holding her shoulder while Irene is already crying.

“YAH!!!!” Seulgi shouts then they look at her then she pushes the two boys.

“Who’s this loser?”

“Want to join us? Good, I will have you” they laugh loudly.

Seulgi holds Irene’s wrist and runs away, but the two boys catch them, so Seulgi punches them. Seulgi’s not weak, but she’s against two boys, so she’s having a hard time beating them. She got some few punches thrown at her but quickly recover and beat them up. Irene cries in the sight of Seulgi getting beat up, so she gets wood near her and hit it hard to one boy. One last kick from Seulgi to other then Seulgi hold Irene’s hand to run away. They run and run until they reach the house of Seulgi’s. Seulgi’s legs collapse in front of the house.

“Seulgi!!” Irene helps Seulgi’s up and open the door of the house. “Mom!!!” Irene shouts so that Seulgi’s mom can hear her.

“Oh, Joohyun” Seulgi’s mom smile when she sees Irene but gets shocked when she sees her daughter all beat up in Irene’s arms. “Dad!!”

They clean the wounds in Seulgi’s knee, back, arms and near her lips. They said to them what happens, and they hug Irene as a sign of protection and sympathy.

“Good thing, princess, arrive at the right time or else…” Seulgi’s dad sigh and pat Irene’s head. “Good job my daughter” they all smile at it.

“But it's damn hurts!!” Seulgi said in cries when her mom put an ointment. “Anyway! You!” Seulgi point at Irene. “What makes you think of going home alone?” Seulgi said. “You should just call me to pick you up!” Seulgi angrily said to Irene. “You almost… Yah… I’m deadly worried” Seulgi said.

“Don’t scold her, right now. It must be traumatic for her” Her mom said then Seulgi just sigh and nod.

“I will scold her tomorrow, and I wouldn’t let it slide,” Seulgi said.

“Joohyun, you stay here for tonight, I know you’re tired.”

“But my little sister…”

“We will inform her or I will let Seulgi’s brother accompany her there.”

“Yes,” Irene said. Irene look at Seulgi, she has a lot of bruises, but she can’t help to think that Seulgi is cool while saving her.

“So that’s the reason why Seulgi is running so fast to go outside,” Seulgi’s brother said.

“I even shout at her! Good thing she didn’t look back” Seulgi’s mom said then they giggle. “You, go to Bae’s now.”

“Yes, next time, be careful,” Seulgi’s brother said then Irene smile and nodded her head.   

“Since its Friday night, you don’t have to worry about school so take a good rest.” Seulgi’s dad said.

 

“Why did you not call Wendy to pick you up? She has a car” Seulgi said as they watch a drama in Seulgi’s room. Irene is resting her head on Seulgi’s shoulder.

“I don’t know, and maybe I want to go home by myself,” Irene said.

“Don’t repeat it, are you okay?” Seulgi asks then Irene remove her head from Seulgi’s shoulder.

“I am, thank you so much,” Irene said then smile at Seulgi but Seulgi just sigh.

“You’re not,” Seulgi said then put Irene’s head at her shoulder to hug her. “It must be traumatic for you, and next time call me or anyone to pick you up,” Seulgi said.

“You pick me up,” Irene said then Seulgi just nod.

“I will, I will” Seulgi said. While caresses Irene’s head.

“I’m sorry,” Irene said then Seulgi breaks the hug. “You got a lot of wounds and bruise…” Irene said.

“Don’t worry about it; it will heal anytime soon?” Seulgi said. “Do you want to have a hot Choco with me?” Seulgi asks.

 

“Don’t worry about bothering Wendy. She will be there really! She likes it when someone relies on her” Seulgi said as they have their drink in Seulgi’s kitchen.

“You two are close,” Irene said.

“Yes! We are” Seulgi said. “She’s annoying sometimes but supportive!” Seulgi added.

“I know now why you’re so scared about telling our past to her,” Irene said. “You treasure her, you don’t want to hurt her, but as a real friend, you will tell her” Irene added while she takes sip of her Hot Choco.

“Well… yeah” Seulgi said. “But why me? Why did you call me?” Seulgi asks.

“If I were to call Wendy, it will take time because her house is far away. If I call Joy or Yeri, we will be both get into a dangerous situation” Irene said then they laugh as they know that the two is fragile, especially Joy. “So you, since you’re near and I know you will protect me,” Irene said.

 

“I will work hard!” Seulgi suddenly said.

“Huh?” Joohyun asks.

“So that all you can do is staying at home,” Seulgi said.

“What are you talking about?” Joohyun asks but giggle at her cute lover

“You’re too pretty, I mean, there is a lot of people might hurt you, so I want you to stay at home,” Seulgi said. “You’re too beautiful,” Seulgi said. Joohyun smile at her lovely bear.

“So in conclusion, you just want to protect me from them?” Joohyun asks. Then the bear-looking nod.

“I will protect you, I promise!” Seulgi said.

 

“Is that so?” Seulgi asks. Then Irene nod. “At least, you are safe,” Seulgi said.

“Sorry, I will never repeat it again, but I didn’t know you we’re strong,” Irene said with amazement.

“I go to the gym since high school and until now,” Seulgi said. “When life makes me stress, I go to gym” Seulgi added.

“What makes you stress?” Irene asks.

“Studying,” Seulgi said then Irene giggle at the sight she used to see every day. The cute bear.

“I heard you’re taking music and arts, it suits to you,” Irene said.

“Is that so…?” Seulgi doesn't know how to respond to it. “I will take you home later,” Seulgi said as she sees the clock that it’s already 12:30.

“Shall we sleep then?” Irene asks then Seulgi nod. 

 

Irene opens her eyes to look at Seulgi’s sleeping face. She smiles as she touches Seulgi’s cheeks. She misses the girl a lot, and they see each other from time to time when their parents meet up and pretend to be close and okay when Seulgi become cold to her. Irene knows that Seulgi do that for her, but Irene just cannot give up Seulgi when Irene show that Seulgi’s heart still belongs to her. Irene knows Seulgi, everything about Seulgi, she understands Seulgi yet there is one thing she cannot understand about Seulgi.

“Why did you thought about me being unhappy with you?” Irene whispers as she hugs Seulgi.

-----------------

Stuck on you, by your side~~ 
SEULRENE!!!!!! #RedRoomDay2