Forget Me Not

Saudade

“We’re texting for a while now!” Wendy declares as she eats cookies that Seulgi’s mom bakes for them. Wendy is currently invading the room of Seulgi in this Sunday afternoon. 

“Yeah, right,” Seulgi said. Then Wendy throws a pillow at Seulgi’s face. “Why?” Seulgi asks.

“Show at least some interest in my love life!” Wendy said then Seulgi just laugh at her.

“Fine, fine, so when we’re going to meet them again? I have fun talking to Joy and Yeri” Seulgi said.

“Ah, this Monday, we’re going to start eating lunch with them now!” Wendy said. “Aren’t you excited to see a beauty again?! Because I already am!!” Wendy said.

“You sound like a fool in love,” Seulgi said.

As if I haven’t like that before too…

“So what, at least I’m a human now with heart, when will you?” Wendy asks Seulgi.

“Not interested, actually,” Seulgi said.

“Seriously? I mean, a lot of people showing interest to you, many people lining up for you since high school but you don’t even give them a chance” Wendy said.

“I’m not really into dating thing, for now, maybe I haven’t met my match,” Seulgi said then Wendy just sigh and nod.

“Fine, but if you get too lonely now since I’m going to have Irene, we’re going to find someone for you, okay?” Wendy said then Seulgi just nod and eat cookies

I only want that one person…

 

Seulgi goes to a flower shop to buy for Joohyun

“Wow!! Flowers are so beautiful!!” That’s what Seulgi first statement when she steps inside of the shop. The sales lady chuckle at the cute bear. “This is beautiful, Miss, what’s the name of this flower?” Seulgi asks the sales lady as she points to a yellow flower.

“Ah, its Yellow Acacia, it’s a flower that represents the value of friendship and can also mean having a secret love.” The sales lady said then Seulgi just stare at the flower.

“What about this one?” Seulgi said as she points a pink flower.

 “This one called Azalea, this about wanting to show your love or romantic feelings to someone. It a way to tell a loved one to take care of themselves.”

“This one?” To a white flower.

“Gardenia is this given to someone who is experiencing a secret love. Its means ‘you are lovely.'”

“And this?”

“Gillyflower is one about lasting beauty and is a symbol of a happy life. It symbolizes being content with your existence.”

“What about this violet flower?”

“The name of this flower is Stock. Stock means “you’ll always be beautiful to me’ and represent bonds of affection.”

“Last one, what about this?” the sales lady giggle before she answers.

“This one is Forget-Me-Not, it’s a great way to show someone just how much you love them. True love and just like the name suggest they are given as a gift with the hope of not to be forgotten. This plant also means about having a faithful love full of memories” The sales lady finish it with a smile.

“Wow…” Seulgi said.

“Why? Are you giving it to someone?” The sales lady asks then Seulgi nods.

“To my friend, she just won her poem something or reading, whatever competition so I’m buying her a flower,” Seulgi said. The sales lady secretly smile at her. 

“Why flowers though? You can give her different things, like food or key chain” The sales lady suggested.

“Well… I already thought of it, but I want to show some affection towards to her because I always fail at it. She always takes care of me, but I do nothing but to worry her, so I want to buy something special for her” Seulgi said then pout as she thinks hard to what flower to buy.

“You must like your friend a lot,” The sales lady said.

“I like all the meaning of the flowers, and I can’t decide which one to buy for her…” Seulgi said and thought really hard and sigh.

“What about you buy one piece of flower you like and make it a bouquet” The sales lady suggested. Seulgi’s eyes got wide, and her smile got bigger.

“That’s a good idea!! Thank you!! I will do that!” Seulgi ends up doing it.

 

“Seulgi” Her Joohyun called her.

“Yes?” Seulgi answer. Seulgi’s open her eyes and sigh. She gets up to drink water. She hates it, every time she dream of Joohyun calling her name. She miss the girl so much, and she have no control to do anything about it, it makes Seulgi’s physically sick. She always calls her to hear her voice when she’s in stress, but that’s it. She always calls Joohyun on the phone so that Joohyun would call her in names, after that, Seulgi will hang up.

 

 

“Did you have an enough sleep?” Wendy asks as they wait for the three to arrive.

“No” Seulgi answer with a yawn.

“Why? I mean, we don’t have much assignment to do though” Wendy said.

“Yes, I’m having a problem sleeping nowadays” Seulgi answer.

“That’s not good for your health, what about you exercise before you sleep?” Wendy recommends.

“I tired, not effective. I’m thinking too much, maybe that’s the reason why I cannot sleep” Seulgi said.

“What are you thinking though?” Wendy asks.

“Just nonsense things,” Seulgi said.

“Yo!” Joy and Yeri appear without Irene.

“Oh… Hi, where’s Irene?” Wendy asks as she worried she creep the girl that’s why she didn’t show up.

“Don’t worry, your love will go, she’s just talking to her prof. about something” Joy said then they giggle when they see Wendy blush.

“Let’s just buy her food so that she won’t take much of her time lining up for foods,” Yeri said then they all nod.

“I will buy you food, bear. Give me money” Wendy said. Seulgi gives her whole wallet to Wendy so the two chuckle at the sight of it.

“You trust Wendy too much,” Joy said.

“Well… yeah” Seulgi said then smiled.

“Let’s go!” Yeri said then they left.  After some minutes, Irene seat in front of Seulgi.

“Where’s the other?” Irene asks.

“Buying our foods,” Seulgi said as she looks everywhere except Irene.

“Seulgi,” Irene said.

“What?” Seulgi asks.

“Can you look at me at least?” Irene said. Then Seulgi looks at her. She misses her a lot, yet she treated her badly.

“What is it? Irene?” Seulgi asks.

“Seulgi…” Irene said with a worried tone. “Why are being like this?” Irene asks.

“Like what? I'm; still, the same” Seulgi said.

“No, you’re not,” Irene said.

“At least, I don’t change my name,” Seulgi said as she looks coldly at Irene.

“I have an explanation for my name,” Irene said.

“And that’s something I don’t want to hear” Seulgi coldly said. “I get the point, I know you’re the one who should be mad at me, I apologize, I don’t have an enough sleep, so I’m like this” Seulgi said.

“Seulgi,” Irene said.

“What is it? Joohyun?” Seulgi asks. “You know it, right? Wendy’s into you so pay attention to her, she’s my best friend” Seulgi continue. “You can forget what happened to us, promise. I won’t get mad at it. We’re young at that time after all” Seulgi said.

“Why I’m going to do that? When you’re the one indirectly told me not to forget you?” Irene asks then Seulgi just look away.

 

“Joohyun, congratulation!” Seulgi said as they meet in the empty playground.

“Thank you!” Joohyun said, but she notices that Seulgi’s hiding something behind her back. “What is that?” Joohyun tries to look at Seulgi’s back.

“Here!” Seulgi showed the bouquet of flowers then Joohyun’s eyes widen when she saw it. “I buy it for you!” Seulgi said then hand the flowers to Joohyun.

“Wow!!” Joohyun said then accept the flower and hug Seulgi tight. “When did you buy this?” Joohyun releases the hug as she asks.

“Earlier! I choose it to show you how much you mean to me!” Seulgi said then show her big smile to Joohyun. “Do you know all of the flowers there?” Seulgi asks then Joohyun nods.

“Wow… these flowers are beautiful, is all the combination here is what you feel for me?” Joohyun asks then Seulgi shyly nod her head. “So are you admitting you like me now?” Joohyun teases then smell the flowers.

“I-I, well…” Seulgi find herself stuttering while trying to confess to her.

“What?” Joohyun asks. Then Seulgi’s face is red as a tomato when she blushes. The next thing that shock Joohyun the most is that Seulgi nods her head.

“I do” Seulgi declare. “I do like you,” Seulgi said. “As an additional information, no flowers can be compared to your beauty,” Seulgi said then this time, its Joohyun blushing.

Both of them become silence as they stare at each other blushing but Joohyun breaks it by hugging Seulgi. Seulgi gladly returns the hug.

“I do too, Seulgi. I’m just waiting for you to realize that. That I like you a lot.”

 

“So the beauty is here now!” Wendy said then they cringe at it. “What did I say something wrong?” Wendy asks.

“Nothing, really, nothing!” Yeri said then they laugh.

“I’m just stating the fact” Wendy proudly said then smile at Irene then Irene just smile back at Wendy. “Here your food” Wendy put the food in front of Irene.

“Thank you, how much?” Irene asks.

“No, it’s my treat,” Wendy said then they earn ‘woo’ from Joy and Yeri. Seulgi just keeps quiet the whole lunch. “You okay? You don’t talk much” Wendy asks Seulgi who’s eating peacefully, it makes Irene stop too to look at Seulgi.

“I’m okay, don’t worry,” Seulgi said and smiled at Wendy. Irene continues eating when she hear that from Seulgi.

 

“Irene, what’s your favourite flower?” Wendy asks when she sees a flower shop as they go home together, the flower shop where Seulgi buy the bouquet of flowers.   

“Hm. I have a lot, but I always love Forget-Me-Not” Irene said as she smiles at Wendy who gladly smile back at her.