The Snow White and her Dwarf

Saudade

“Seulgi, you got no jam,” Wendy said as they eat at the cafeteria.

“What is it this time?” Seulgi asks.

“Why you sound so uninterested if I talk about Irene?” Wendy asks.

“Look, Olaf, I’m glad you’re now a human but don’t expect me to fangirl like you,” Seulgi said then earn a pouty reaction from Wendy.

“But it’s Irene! Everyone likes her” Wendy said. “You don’t like her?” Wendy asks.

“I do like her but not the like as you have for her, right?” Seulgi said.

Let’s just stop talking about her

“But I know for sure that her future will be a lot of better if she’s with you” Seulgi added then smile genuinely at Wendy. The smile gets return with a bright smile of Wendy’s.

“I and Joy have been talking to each other, and she’s helping me to court Irene, we’re going to eat lunch with them every day now, Woo!!!!!!!!!!” Wendy excitedly said. Seulgi’s froze, and heartbeat getting faster. She still manages to smile at her best friend.

“Good for you then.”

Bad for me though

 

“Seulgi!” Joohyun called Seulgi when she got out of the dressing room.

“Whoa!!!!” Seulgi said then run to Joohyun.

“How do I look?” Joohyun asks as she turns.

“You look so beautiful!!” Seulgi excitedly said as she jumps. “You look like a real princess,” Seulgi said and stopped to look at Joohyun concentrated face.

“You look cute too!” Joohyun said then pinch Seulgi’s cheeks. It hurts but Seulgi just smile at beautiful Joohyun.         

Seulgi just keep smiling while looking at Joohyun for many good minutes now, Joohyun just lets Seulgi look at her and smiling back at her. Joohyun likes looking at Seulgi’s smile; she likes it when the girl smile at her.

“I will serve you!” Seulgi suddenly said then Joohyun laugh at it. “Why are you laughing? I’m a Dwarf as my role!” Seulgi said then Joohyun stop laughing.

“Yes you will serve me, my no. 1 Dwarf,” Joohyun said.

“Yes, Snow White but you look like Snow White!!” Seulgi said. “You look like her, like a real princess!” Seulgi said.

“Yes, yes my dwarf” Joohyun said.

“Curse you; Snow White” Seulgi said as she sees snow falling at the window while trying to sleep. Seulgi look at the clock, its 11:11.

 I want to see you

 

“SO!”

“So what now?” Seulgi asks.

“How do I look?” Wendy asks as she fixes her out of the day clothes.

“The same” Seulgi said as she takes a sip of her milk.

“Damn you, Seulgi, damn you, you know were going to try to be friends with them!” Wendy said. “But you look so bored now!!” Wendy said.

“They’re late actually!” Seulgi said.

“No, we’re just super early,” Wendy said.

“You look okay, fine, you look good,” Seulgi said as Wendy eyeing her.

“Good, I know,” Wendy said then they just laugh together.

“Do I need to be here?” Seulgi asks for 1230494024 times.

“Yes, for how many times you will ask me, yes, that’s the only answer,” Wendy said. Then Seulgi just sulks. Seulgi gets forced to go outside again to meet Wendy’s future wife, as Wendy claim but she’s meeting the death of her.

“But its sure cold today,” Seulgi said.

“I hear from the news that it’s going to snow later again,” Wendy said then Seulgi just nod.

 

“Gosh, they’re here!” Wendy panic when they saw them entering the restaurant. Seulgi hides her face while pretending to sleep. She’s not ready yet, that’s what she think. “Why are you doing this to me right now!!?” Wendy whisper so that Seulgi can hear her.

“Hi, Wendy!!” Joy greet Wendy excitedly.

“Oh Hi Joy!” Wendy stands up and greets back.

“Hi.”

“Hello!” Yeri and Irene said. Then Wendy shakes Seulgi then Seulgi stands up looking down and bows at them.

“Who she is?” Joy asks.

“My best friend” Wendy said then Seulgi looks at them.

“Kang Seulgi, pleased to meet you,” Seulgi said. Seulgi can see that Joohyun or Irene now is surprised, her eyes got wide when Seulgi lift her face to look at them.

“Oh, pleased to meet you too!” Yeri and Joy said at the same time then they just smile at each other.

They sat with the Wendy and Irene facing each other while Joy and Yeri are sitting together while facing Seulgi. They order the food first before talking to each other. Irene looks at Seulgi from time to time, but all she got to see is Seulgi looking outside.

“Are you usually quite?” Yeri asks Seulgi then Seulgi just nod.

“But I can be loud when I’m already comfortable” Seulgi answer.

“Let’s be comfortable with each other then!” Joy added then Seulgi just give them a smile.

“You look like a bear!” Yeri said.

“It’s not something you should say to someone you just met!” Joy said then they laugh including Irene.

“Sorry,” Yeri said with a smiley face.

“It's fine. I heard that a lot,” Seulgi said.

 

“Do you still remember me?” Wendy asks.

“Ah, yes, from 2 weeks ago, the girl with glasses” Irene answer then Wendy just smile at her. “You don’t wear your glasses now,” Irene said.

“I just forget to wear my eye contacts that time, so I wear my reserve glass,” Wendy said then Irene just nod. “What major you’re taking?” Wendy still asks when she already knows a lot from Irene.

“I’m taking Economic now,” Irene said.

“Oh, you must want to be a politician then,” Wendy said.

“No, actually, I just like studying Economics than Business Administration,” Irene said then Wendy just nod.

“I’m taking Business Administration though,” Wendy said then Irene panic for a while.

“Oh no, sorry!” Irene apologized.

“Why are saying sorry? Did you say something wrong?” Wendy asks with a smile then Irene just smiles and shook her head. “Everyone’s interest is not the same, that’s why it’s was okay to say you like Economics better than Business,” Wendy said then Irene just smile at her.

“So Seulgi…” Irene just wants to say her name even though she doesn't know why she mentions her. “Taking the same course as you?” Irene asks.

“No, she’s taking arts and music,” Wendy said.

“Ah, it’s that so…” Irene said with a nod. Irene looks at her again, Seulgi is talking with Joy and Yeri. “So you’re planning to enter the business world then,” Irene said.

“Ah, yes, I’m taking over my family business,” Wendy said then Irene just nod.

 

The lunch of them ended peacefully and happy that Wendy got Irene’s number now. Seulgi knows Irene number too, but she just can’t tell to her best friend that she dated Irene before because she knows it will hurt her best friend. Seulgi is glad too that Irene is pretending not to know her too.

“Seulgi!! It’s snowing!!” Joohyun said as they play outside.

“Be careful!!” Seulgi said as she chases the running bunny, but she’s the one who trips over nothing. Joohyun heard a sound, so she looks back and saw her bear lying down on the ground, so she runs back to her.

“How clumsy you can get? It’s you who need to be careful!” Joohyun said as she helps Seulgi up then laugh when she see the face of Seulgi. Almost about to cry.

“It hurts!!” Seulgi said with a face who looks like a kid.

“We’re in middle school now, don’t you dare to cry!” Joohyun said then Seulgi nod then Joohyun holds her hand and walks toward to playground near Seulgi’s house.

Seulgi just keeps looking at Joohyun as she plays with the snow, she just keeps looking at her and smiles without herself knowing when she saw Joohyun smiling too while playing with the snow.

“Hey, dwarf!” Joohyun called then Seulgi smile at her with a questioning look. “Let’s play!!” Joohyun said then pull Seulgi with her by holding her arms.

They keep making snowballs and end up fighting with Joohyun winning because Seulgi always makes Joohyun wins no matter what. Even though no one beat Seulgi at snow fighting at their school, she always loses herself to Joohyun. After they snow fight, Joohyun went to Seulgi and hugged her tight, so once again, Seulgi froze, like ice again.

“You’re so warm!” Joohyun said as she adjusts herself to be comfortable at their hug.

“Are you cold?” Seulgi worriedly asks as she gets her arms at Joohyun’s neck.

“Yes, but I’m warm now!” Joohyun said and kept moving her head at Seulgi’s collarbone. Seulgi just smiles at it because she likes the warm that Joohyun is giving to her.

“You’re warm too!” Seulgi said as she tightens the hug.

“But you’re warmer that you might melt the snow white!” Joohyun said then they laugh together. 

 

“It’s sure cold today,” Seulgi said as they step out of the restaurant.

“You’re right” To much Seulgi’s surprise. It’s Irene who said that.

“I will take you home if you want Irene” Wendy offered.

“Yeah, go with her Irene, you might encounter bad creature if you go back alone,” Yeri said then Joy nod too then Irene looks at Seulgi who watching the snow falling.

“S-sure,” Irene said even though she want Seulgi to be the one to take her home. Then they Wendy and Irene say goodbye and begin walking while talking.

“Look, they look like a Snow White and a Dwarf!” Joy said then Yeri laugh at her joke and nod agreeing to Joy’s statement.

“Yeah, they look like a Snow White and her Dwarf!” Yeri said.

As Seulgi listens to it, she clenches her fist inside of her jacket’s pocket.

Damn you really, Snow White