Emotions

Saudade

“You idiot.”

“Okay.”

“I hate you.”

“Okay.”

“Talk to me.”

“Okay.”

“I hate you,” Irene said. Seulgi gets up from Irene’s bed and looks at her.

“Why did you make them go home if you’re bored?” Seulgi asks.

“You’re insensitive, aren’t you?” Irene asks.

“Look, play with Wendy,” Seulgi said. “You told me you two are close” Seulgi said and went to the balcony.

It’s already evening, and soon Irene will cook. They need to go to school this Monday too, and Seulgi is sure that Irene will annoy her. Irene follows Seulgi and looks at where Seulgi’s looking at, she looks at the stars and remembers all the things Seulgi said to her.

“Joohyun” Seulgi called her. Irene’s eyes widen when she hears Seulgi calling her in her Korean name.

“What?” Irene asks.

“I want to be honest with you,” Seulgi said. “I feel like dying while looking at you and Wendy, that’s why I leave,” Seulgi said. Irene was surprised when Seulgi said it.

“Why?” Irene asks. Seulgi’s not looking at her while Irene focused on Seulgi. “Are you jealous?” Irene said then chuckle at her question then Seulgi just smiles at it.

“I don’t know,” Seulgi said. “Maybe,” Seulgi said.

“Are you serious?” Irene asks as she’s shock at Seulgi’s honesty. Now this what she’s talking about, she doesn't know what to do if Seulgi will start to make a move to her again. They did some nasty thing yesterday’s night after all. 

“After all those five years, I don’t know how to let you go,” Irene remember the calls at night of Seulgi. She is waiting for Seulgi to call her and she’s happy that Seulgi is still calling her. “And you know that” Seulgi added then Irene smile.

“So what’s your point now? Did you finally realize that when you saw me with someone else?” Irene asks.

“… yes, I keep running away from you. I'm confused. It’s weird. It makes me do a foolish thing; love makes me weird. If I follow where my heart wants, I never know what to do with it. That moment, when I feel like I can be with you for eternity, which I will grow old with you. Then the next moment, I realize, your warmth, your soul, and your beautifulness, where could I take them? I had this unbearable sadness because the world scares me because I was unable to do anything” Seulgi said. Irene can finally understand all of Seulgi’s actions.

“I wonder if you still love me or it’s already someone else. I’m curious when I look at your eyes, you’re getting vague, and it’s scaring me. Sometimes, I get jealous thinking that someone else can make you happier than I could. Maybe that’s the reason why I can’t let you go.” Seulgi added. “I though I’m satisfied with what happening to us, it's hurt you, and I admit that. All of them and you know that I can’t let you go” Seulgi continue. Another cry for Irene tonight.

“As I wake up, I look at my clock. I don’t know you still have this effect on me. As the first things, I thought is you when the clock showed 11:11. I don’t believe in those kinds of things, but I tried, or it’s just me, wishing to see you again. I think I’m just a fool in love because the next thing I know, you’re already in front of me. Like a present on my birthday, I’m already happy.” Seulgi finishes her long speech.

Seulgi finally looks at Irene who’s eyes are getting teary again, so she smiles because she realizes that she still has an effect on Irene. Seulgi slowly makes her way to Irene and gently hug her. Irene hugs her back and cries harder in Seulgi’s arms. Seulgi knows how hurt Irene is and she hates the fact that she is the reason of all of it. They’re together since they were little and Seulgi throws all of it, even their friendship. Seulgi keep making Irene always confuse, she pushes and pulls Irene yet Seulgi will always leave her.

“Now because I took too long, I’m late. It seems you give up your feelings for me, it’s alright, and I respect your decision. It’s my fault anyway, but since I respect your decision, you should respect mine so… let me like you. Just let me be. I won’t do anything to confuse you more” Seulgi said then Irene look at her without breaking the hug.

“Seulgi…” Seulgi wipes the tears of Irene.

“I’m hungry now, can we eat?” Seulgi asks then Irene nod, and they break the hug. Irene leaves first while Seulgi stays a little bit more. Seulgi sighs and smiles brightly at the stars. She finally said that she wants to say to Irene and now she can breathe freely.

 

Seulgi is quietly making her way to the kitchen, and she sees Irene in her bunny apron again. She’s not going to deny that she wishes to see her every single day in her apron. Will Iron her clothes again and will feed her. Seulgi chuckles in her mind, but she doesn't know if it’s still possible to happen again.   

“Oh, Seulgi,” Irene said then smile at her. “Come here and sit now. I’m almost finish” Irene added.

The dinner filled with silence, but when Seulgi finishes first, she takes her time and looks Irene. She examines Irene faces like Seulgi’s trying to memorize every part of Irene’s figures and it makes her unnoticed that Irene is looking at her too. After Seulgi washes the dishes, they change their clothes to pajamas and lay next to each other at Irene’s bed.

“So what are we going to talk about now?” Seulgi asks. Irene comes closer to her and hugs her.

“I don’t know,” Irene said. 

It’s true that Irene doesn't know what to talk about after all the confessions Seulgi said earlier. Irene is glad that Seulgi finally open to her and now she doesn't know what to do around Seulgi. It’s true that Irene still has a feeling for Seulgi, but Wendy is becoming an excellent candidate to date, Irene. Wendy is super kind, Irene starting to understand Seulgi why she doesn't want to hurt Wendy but doing all of these without Wendy’s knowing considered betrayal. Irene doesn't know what to do if everything will reveal to their friends.

“Just what are we…?” Irene asks as she closed her eyes.

“…………..” Seulgi stays quiet and just hug Irene back.

Seulgi is always bright and cheerful since she was little, her draft of personalities is hard, and it makes her depressed. Ever since they break up, Seulgi becomes cold and always zoning off. It’s was hard for her to stop doing what she loves, she loves Irene and making herself stop loving Irene was torture for her. Up until now, she’s still unable to accomplish it because she’s still in love with Irene. She wants to show it but she can’t now even though there is a lot of opportunities.

Irene blush when Seulgi put her face to her neck. Irene caresses Seulgi’s hair while they’re in it, they always do it before, and Irene misses doing it. It was all right until she feels that her neck is becoming wet and turns out that Seulgi is crying. Seulgi just hugs Irene tighter when Irene is trying to look at her face. Seulgi miss showing her love for Irene, Seulgi miss worshipping Irene and Seulgi loves Irene.

“I don’t know what to do, Joohyun,” Seulgi said after crying. “I want to show my love for you again but how…? If it’s me who always hurt you, I don’t know what I will do in the future, and I don’t know what will happen,” Seulgi said while the crack invoice was evident in some of the lines.

“Seulgi…”

“How can I say this to Wendy? My only friend who stay with me, how am I going to face her?” Seulgi asks. “Wendy did a lot of things for me, and I even allow her to take you away from me. Now I did this, what face I can show up to her” Irene understand Seulgi. Seulgi love Wendy as a friend, Irene can see that in their interactions and Irene is happy that Seulgi finds a friend like Wendy.

 

Seulgi goes down after taking a morning shower and sees that the three is already there and helping Irene cooking breakfast. Seulgi doesn't know what to say so she just stays quiet and sits next to Yeri whose watching the morning news.

“Oh, good morning,” Yeri said then Seulgi smile.

“Good morning too,” Seulgi said.

“Do you have a good sleep??” Wendy asks then that’s it when Seulgi becomes nervous.

“I have,” Seulgi said then smiled at Wendy. “Good morning, hamster,” Seulgi said.

“Good morning too, bear,” Wendy said then they laugh together. Wendy rarely visits Seulgi as she’s busy courting Irene.

“Are you making breakfast or baking?” Seulgi asks.

“It’s bread that I’m making right now, be proud of me!” Wendy said then Seulgi get up and clap for her. They laugh when they see Wendy’s smug face. “Thanks, buddy!” Wendy said then they laugh even more.

“You two are cute, and you support each other!” Joy said as she is setting the tables.

“Yeah! We’re soul mates!” Wendy said. Seulgi’s heart sunk when she heard that, Wendy always been kind to her and to betray her, Seulgi knows it will hurt Wendy more than anything else.

“Yes, captain!” Seulgi said then salute to her then Wendy salute back, and they laugh together. Seulgi is starting to wonder how long she can act and how long she will betray Wendy. Seulgi knows it by herself that she needs to stop and she needs to make decisions soon. Wendy or Irene.

“So you will wash the dishes!” Wendy said then Seulgi’s smile fall then run upstairs. “YAH!!” Wendy shouts then they laugh again. “You lazy bear!!” Wendy shouts again.

“That’s why she’s a bear,” Yeri said then they laugh.

“Well, that’s her nature” Irene commented then they chuckle at it.

“Is she always been like that? You know, lazy?” Joy asks then Wendy and Irene nod in unison.

“I iron her clothes, peel fruits then feed her, and I even wake her up every morning so that she won’t be late,” Irene said then Wendy smile bigger then nod.

“I did that to her too!! I always wake her up so we won’t be late but there is a time we’re still late because she moves too slow!” Wendy said. “But how come she’s an athlete?” Wendy asks.

“I think it’s because all the energy she conserves while being lazy is releasing while playing sports,” Irene said then they all nod in agreement. “But she always loses to me!” Irene said with a smug face.

“I think she just let you win,” Yeri said then they laugh at Irene when Irene shows an angry face. “Why? I’m sure it’s true!” Yeri said then they nod.

“I think, she just let you win too” Joy added. They laugh even more when Irene face become weird.

 

Meanwhile, Seulgi is currently at Irene’s room, don’t know what to do and to feel. Her emotions are too much, and she’s having a mental breakdown but keep calm to appear okay. It looks like picking Wendy is her choice.  

 

--------------------------------------

What do you think about Seulgi's confession?