Ch. 8

Addicted (Formerly known as "Fluid")
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A million things were running through Kyungsoo's head as he stared out of the window. Jongdae glanced back at him through the rearview mirror. 

"Uh, Soo," He cautiously asked, "You alright? You haven't said much since we picked you up."

Once Yixing said Kai's name, Kyungsoo packed up his stuff and told Jongdae to come get him for the club. He needed to know what was going on. Was Jongin the mystery dancer? But he heard Joonmyun say dollface...

Maybe they were both there that night? 

It just didn't make sense though. Everything matched Jongin to a T. It didn't make sense for Joonmyun to randomly be thrown into the mix. Joonmyun didn't pay anymore attention to Kyungsoo than other people did, unlike Jongin. Jongin always made it a point to seek Kyungsoo out or acknowledge him separately. 

"Kyungsoo." Jongdae called again. 

"Dude, you okay?" Yixing asked, turning around to him and shaking his knee. 

Kyungsoo turned to them and blinked in confusion. "Huh? What?" He said. 

"Are you high or something??" Yixing exclaimed. "We've been trying to get your attention for like five minutes now." 

"Oh , sorry. Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind." He confessed. "How long until we get there?" 

"A few minutes away." Jongdae answered.

"Someone's eager to get some tonight." Yixing chuckled. 

Kyungsoo chewed on his lip. He was suddenly very nervous. Even if he saw Jongin in there, what then? 

What did Kyungsoo plan on doing? Barge in there and demand Jongin tell him his uality and if he was the mystery dancer from the beginning of the semester? 

Kyungsoo honestly didn't know what he was gonna do. He was never good at confrontations. Let alone, with someone like Jongin. Someone he had only become actual friends with about two weeks ago when he spent the night. Jongin didn't owe him anything. Even if he did work at the club, and even if he was the dancer, so what? They weren't together. People dance and hook up with random people at clubs all the time. It was the culture there. 

Kyungsoo let out a loud groan and began banging his head against the window. 

Jongdae and Yixing shot each other concerned looks. 

" is a , isn't it?" Yixing tsked and shook his head. 

They arrived a few seconds later and when Jongdae parked the car, a lump grew in Kyungsoo's throat. 

"You ready?" Jongdae asked. 

No, but he didn't really have a choice. Kyungsoo unbuckled his seatbelt and jumped out of the car, slowly trailing behind Yixing and Jongdae. He could hear the music all the way from the parking lot. It was a Friday night so the place was pretty packed. Kyungsoo wasn't even sure if he would be able to Jongin through all these people. 

Once they got inside, it was even worse. Kyungsoo could barely move. He had to grab onto Yixing's and Jongdae's arms to make sure he didn't lose them. Like last time, Kyungsoo mad eye contact with some pretty handsome fellows who were making eyes at him in return. 

If this was a few weeks ago, he would have squealed at the fact but he wasn't in that head space anymore. He had only one thing on his mind now. 

He kind of smiled at that.

It was bittersweet and slightly sadistic but it had been so long since he had "boy problems." He kind of missed the thrill of it.

Once Yixing and Jongdae pulled him through the crowd and finally got to a slightly open area near the bars, they could breathe again.

"I'm gonna go find some guys to dance with and maybe find Kai!!!" Yixing shouted to the boys over the music before he skipped off. Kyungsoo slightly cringed at that. He didn't know if he should have told Yixing or not but he figured it was too long and frankly, he didn't really car enough to tell them.

"I'm gonna go do a lap around the club because this one guy keeps winking at me." Jongdae said awkwardly. "Hopefully I can lose him." And with that, Jongdae left as well, leaving Kyungsoo by himself at the bar. 

He turned to the bartender and caught his attention. 

"Hey, do you know if Kai the dancer is working tonight?" Kyungsoo asked him. 

The man shrugged. "Not sure. I don't keep track of the dancers." He said curtly before attending to the other attendees. Kyungsoo sighed. He turned back to the open room and scanned the pedastals where the dancers sometimes stand, the DJ booth, and the dance floor. No sign of him. 

Kyungsoo started to wonder why he was even here. He could've easily sent Jongin a text and this could've all been solved. 

But Kyungsoo didn't know what he would say. At least if Kyungsoo saw Jongin here, he could see him from afar and not engage. He suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see the bartneder sliding him a drink.

"From the guy at the end of the bar." He said. Kyungsoo looked at the drink and then over to the end where he saw a man who looked a few years older than him, grinning over to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo began to blush and awkwardly nod his head as a thank you. 

Was it rude not to drink it? Kyungsoo didn't want to seem mean but he really didn't want to drink it. He hated alcohol and all other intoxicating substances. He didn't know what to do. He had nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter