Ch. 3

Addicted (Formerly known as "Fluid")
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo walked to the library to study for an upcoming exam he had in the next week. He had about an hour and half between his second and third class on Thursdays so he figured it was just easier to go to the library and get some work than going all the way back to his student apartment. He was crossing the street when a couple of people on the sidewalk he was walking to caught his eye  and called his name out at the same time.

"Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol waved. Kyungsoo noticed Jongin, who was smiling at him, and another guy with them. Kyungsoo recognized the guy from his policy administration 2 class on Wednesdays but they had never spoken before. 

Kyungsoo gave them a small wave. "Hey guys." 

"Hey Kyungsoo." Jongin said to him. 

Kyungsoo noticed that Jongin always had to separately greet him. Not that he minded though, of course. "Hi Jongin." 

"We're gonna go grab lunch, wanna join?" Chanyeol asked.

Kyungsoo thought for a second: go to the library to sit alone for the next hour and force himself to study projectile landing before eventually falling asleep and being late to class, or get lunch with his friends and crush? 

"Lunch sounds great." Kyungsoo responded.

"Sweet. Kyungsoo, this is Joonmyun." Chanyeol introduced, gesturing to the handsome brunette.

"Yeah I know him, he's in my policy admin class." Joonmyun said. Kyungsoo internally sighed in relief. If Joonmyun didn't know who Kyungsoo was, the latter would have had to pretend to not know him either and would have to (horribly) act like Kyungsoo was seeing him for the first time. He didn't want to look too desperate or anything. But Joonmyun knew who he was, which took a lot of anxiety away. "Nice to formally meet you." Joonmyun said with a cool smile. Kyungsoo couldn't think of any other to describe Joonmyun. He was the epitome of cool and charming. He caried himself in a manner of utmost respect that Kyungsoo almost bowed down to him. 

"Likewise." Kyungsoo managed to mumble out as they shook hands. 

The foursome began to walk to the restaurant but the sidewalk wasn't wide enough for four people to stand in a line together so since Jongin and Kyungsoo were on the ends, they naturally just moved behind Chanyeol and Joonmyun. 

"So Minseok told me you're a transfer student." Jongin said. 

"Yeah. I transfered from Namhae." Kyungsoo replied. 

"Seriously? My sister's a freshman there now." He said.

Kyungsoo was a little shocked to hear this. Namhae was all the way in no-man's land. JinSil was in Seoul so people from all over traveled to attend the school, but Namhae was a pretty small college in the middle of nowhere. Only people who lived within an hour of Namhae went there. Kyungsoo went there because it was close to home, but he had never memory of ever knowing or hearing about a Jongin.

"Maybe you knew her? Her name's Ji Woo. Kim Ji Woo. She has really bushy, curly hair." 

Kyungsoo was a bit shocked. He did know her. Before he transferred up to JinSil, Kyungsoo and a few others were paired up to show incoming freshmen around on their orientation day and answer their questions. They were each assigned a group of kids and Kyungsoo still remembered his kids. Ji Woo wasn't in his group, but she was in his partner's group. From the little bit that he remembered of her, he definitely saw the resemblance. They both had very strong jaws and heavy eyes.

"I think I actually do know her." Kyungsoo said. Jongin looked at Kyungsoo with a shocked but amused expression which ushered Kyungsoo to explain. So Kyungsoo did. He told Jongin about new student orientation and about how Ji Woo was added to their group.

"Jee, I hope you didn't hit on her." Jongin laughed.

Kyungsoo forced a soft yet awkward chuckle out while muttering, "I don't think you have to worry about that."

Jongin didn't seem to hear because he then asked, "So tell me what else happened that day with my ugly little monkey." Kyungsoo lightly smiled and told him how friendly she seemed, how she took the longest with her counselor, how she accidentally spilled lemonade during lunch, and as he talked, he couldn't stop himself. He just kept going. Jongin made a few comments here and there, but they were mostly questions that caused Kyungsoo to give long and lengthy answers. He didn't realize that they had moved on from Jongin's little sister, or that they entered the restaurant, or the fact that he only stopped to give his order. After about 10 minutes into Kyungsoo's monologue of how his freshman year English teacher was fired to doing heroin during lunch, Kyungsoo only stopped when he saw Jongin grinning at him with his chin propped on his hand on the table.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked.

"You talk a lot." Jongin stated. He said it more like a compliment than an insult.

"Oh, . My bad." Kyungsoo quickly said, suddenly feeling very self-conscious about how he had been rambling on. 

"Don't apologize. It's nice." Jongin said with a sudden glint in his eye. Kyungsoo was confused. His gaydar was almost always right, but he couldn't figure Jongin out. Maybe Jongin was bi? But he could usually tell that too. Jongin had Yisoo, his girlfriend, but had this weird uality about him as well. Kyungsoo didn't know what to think. Maybe he was just a very...very flirty guy, thought Kyungsoo as Jongin's foot was suddenly lightly rubbing Kyungsoo's leg.

"Uhm," Kyungsoo awkwardly cleared his throat, "Why don't you tell me something about you? What do you like to do for fun?"

Jongin smirked. "Well, I don't do much but I like to dance. That's always been a passion of mine."

"Oh wow! You must be good."

Jongin shrugged. "I'm alright, I guess." 

The food finally arrived and Chanyeol, who Kyungsoo had momentarily forgot was there along with Joonmyun, hooted with delight before digging into his bowl. Kyungsoo's mind was occupied with what Jongin's foot was doing and the sudden tightness in his pants that he had to force himself to eat. Having a in the middle of the day was going to be a nightmare.

Blushing, Kyungsoo decided to keep his contact with Jongin to a minimum the rest of lunch and lowered his head to eat his bowl and get out of there as quickly as he could.

 

 

The foursome finished about 40 minutes later and were walking out of the restaurant, feeling drowsy from the amount of food they ate. 

"Did you like it?" Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo. The latter nodded and said, "Yeah, it was really good." He glanced back to Jongin and Joonmyun who were still in the lobby of the restuarant, talking about something that was making Jongin smile.

", I'm late." Chanyeol sighed. "Ill catch you later at the apartment, okay?" He said before running off without giving Kyungsoo a chance to answer. 

"Uh, okay. Bye, I guess." Kyungso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter