Ch. 7

Addicted (Formerly known as "Fluid")
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo awoke to the sound of Jongin's blender blaring off in the kitchen. He snorted awake and groggily opened his eyes. 

"Ah..." He moaned as the pounding of his head set in. "What time is it?" He asked. 

"11:30." Jongin responded from the kitchen. To a normal person, waking up at 11:30AM might have sounded normal or even pretty late, but considering Kyungsoo fell asleep around 5:30AM, that meant he only got 6 hours of sleep. 

And Kyungsoo was a baby. He needed at least 8 and a half hours of deep sleep. 6 was not going to carry him through the day well. He had tried to give up sleep to have a good social life but it was really taking a toll on him. He didn't know if he could continue doing it. Maybe he had to give up his social life instead because it essentially came down to sleep or social life; choosing those two and foregoing academics was not an option. Kyungsoo shivered at even the thought of it.

"Here." He heard Jongin's voice. Kyungsoo opened his eyes once more and looked at Jongin holding a glass with some green liquid in it. 

Kyungsoo sat up. "What is it?"

"Just my morning shake." Jongin responded as he handed Kyungsoo the glass before walking away. 

Kyungsoo sniffed it first. "What's in it?"

"My ." 

Kyungsoo let an irritated puff of air out of his nose. "Jongin." He scolded. 

"Will you just try it?? I swear it's not poison." Jongin laughed from the kitchen. Kyungsoo heard sizzling noises followed by a very delicious and familiar smell. 

Kyungsoo swallowed his pride and took a sip. 

"Hm," he smacked his lips, "Pretty good." He said before taking some more. "What is this? Spinach?" He said after swallowing a large gulp. 

"Spinach, green apple, cucumbers, flax seeds, banana, dates, lemon, and some almond milk." Jongin called from the kitchen. Kyungsoo nodded in approval. He got up and went to the kitchen as well to join his now friend. 

"Smells good." Kyungsoo said, his mouth instantly filling up with saliva the second he saw the bacon. He washed that down with more of Jongin's shake. 

"I thought I would commemorate your first of many nights here with a nice breakfast." 

Kyungsoo chuckled. "What makes you think it's the first of many?" 

"Have you seen me? I'm irresistible." Jongin scoffed. 

"You're delusional, that's what you are." Kyungsoo said, although he agreed with Jongin but had to keep face.

Jongin smiled. "4 pieces good?" He asked, picking up the bacon and placing it on a plate. 

"Yes sir." Kyungsoo hungrily reached his hands out to grab the plate. "Thanks." He said as he began to salivate some more. Kyungsoo walked around the kitchen to the little window in the wall Jongin's kitchen had that opened up a square to the living room. In that window was a slab of marble making a makeshift dining table. Kyungsoo grabbed a seat there and began chomping on his breakfast. He noticed Jongin's keys next to him and began examining them.

On the chain were his car keys, apartment key, a green tiger head for JinSil's mascot, a bottle opener, and a gold piece of plastic that had the word "Kai" written on it.

"What does Kai mean?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin, as the latter took the seat across from the younger.

"Oh, that was my grandmothers nickname for me, after from Swedish actor that she said was good looking. She wanted my parents to name me that but they said it was too weird. So that's just what her nickname for me became." Jongin explained. "I got that in memory of her after she passed away three years ago."  He said with sadness.

"Oh Jongin, I'm so sorry." Kyungsoo said, placing a hand in his shoulder in comfort.

"It's okay. Like I said, it was three years ago. She had been sick for a while so I had time to make my peace with it. I know she wouldn't want me to be upset or dwell on it." 

"You guys must've been close."

"Yeah, extremely." He sighed. Kyungsoo noted how Jongin's eyes began to glisten, despite the older male trying to hide it.

Kyungsoo knew exactly how it felt to lose someone. He knew the immense amount of pain and suffering that it brought. But he also knew there was nothing someone could say or do to help. The type of pain that comes with losing a loved one is a type of pain that demands to be felt. It doesn't go away until it succeeds in doing its job. 

Which is why Kyungsoo didn't' say much else on the matter. Kyungsoo gave Jongin time to come back himself. 

 

 

The rest of their hangout was normal. After breakfast, Kyungsoo had asked to be taken back to his own apartment and Jongin kindly agreed. Once back at his own place, the two bid goodbye for now and Kyungsoo tiredly trudged into his own place. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were working on school stuff at the dining room table when Kyungsoo walked in. 

"Did you just get in?" Chanyeol asked, noting Kyungsoo's clothes from the night before which he had changed back into before leaving Jongin's. 

Kyungsoo nodded while he yawned. "Yeah, spent the night at Jongins." He said while kicking his shoes off, which caused him to miss the suspicious look Chanyeol and Baekhyun gave each other. 

"I see." Baekhyun nodded, the ghost of a smile on his lips. "How was that?"

"Fine, I guess. We were just talking." Kyungsoo answered. He didn't know what Baekhyun and Chanyeol's stances were on gay relationships and even if they were OK with his uality, he wasn't going to gossip about his newfound crush (that was only getting stronger and stronger by the day) on Jongin with two of his best friends.

"One of Yisoo's friends is having people over tonight if you wanna come too." Chanyeol then asked.

Kyungsoo almost screamed. Did these people ever take a break?? Even if he wanted to, he was exhausted and had so much homework. "I wish but I'm gonna be in the library for the next couple of weeks. Midterms are coming up, you know?"

"Couple of weeks?! Jesus Christ." Baekhyun scoffed.

Kyungsoo smiled but it was that miserable type of smile. "Yeah, I gotta do well." He sighed. "I'm gonna take a quick power nap and then head over there."

"Just remember not to burn yourself out." Chanyeol advised. Kyungsoo nodded and told him he'd keep that in mind before heading to his room for his nap.

Once the door was closed, Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun.

"Spent the night at Jongin's, huh?" Chanyeol laughed.

Baekhyun smiled in return. "Love to see where this goes."

 

 

Once Kyungsoo got to the library, he scanned the room for an open table somewhere. It was Sunday and many people were catching up on or finishing last minute homework. He caught the eye of a boy sitting at a table by himself near where Kyungsoo was standing.

"No one else is sitting here, if you wanna grab a seat." The boy said, moving his backpack off the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter