Ch. 1

Addicted (Formerly known as "Fluid")
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You need to experience a normal college student's life." 

Kyungsoo ducked his head as a beach ball went flying through the apartment hallway. 

"You're going to have to move out one day, Kyungsoo-yah." 

He plastered himself against the wall as a stampede of boys went hurling through, holding one of their one above their heads. 

"Jin Sil is offering you twice as much money as Namhae is!"

Kyungsoo carefully maneuvered himself around heaps of duffle bags, suitcases, and alcoholic packages. 

"We're only saying this because we think it's good for you." 

Kyungsoo sighed. Yeah. Fine. Maybe moving out and going to Jin Sil was good for him in the long run, but he still didn't like it and the fact that when Kyungsoo finally reached his student apartment and took two steps in, the first thing he saw was his roommate, some attractive fellow with straight brown hair and a sweet and puppy looking face...which was heavily contrasted by the blunt he was smoking and the half- girl on his lap going to town with his neck. Oh boy.

"Uh, hi." 

The guy looked in Kyungsoo's direction once he heard his greeting but his face hardly changed. All he did was put the blunt down. "Oh hey. You the new roommate?" 

Kyungsoo swallowed, hard. He was trying really hard not to look at the girl's exposed by her unclasped bra. "Yeah." He pulled his dufflebag closer to his shoulder even though it hadn't moved and tightened his grip on the handle of his suitcase. 

"Sweet. I'm Baekhyun." He announced. 

"Kyungsoo." 

"I'm a third year and so are Chanyeol and Minseok, the other two guys living here, but they're not here right now." Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo nodded, making sure to cement that information in his brain just in case it was needed later. "Your room is right across from Minseok's, down that way." He said, nodding to the small hallway that was on the wall to the left of the door.

"Thanks." Was all Kyungsoo could say. Baekhyun took another puff from his roll which Kyungsoo took as the end of their conversation. He took a silent but deep breath when Baekhyun started reciprocating to the girl on his lap and hurried to his new room. 

It was better in the room, but not by much. It was dusty. And had an old smell to it. There wasn't any life to it, let alone furniture. There was a bed, a dresser, a desk, and a chair. Everything about JinSil seemed that way so far which boggled his mind. JinSil was supposed to be the top 1%, one of the best in the county. 

"I guess even the best schools are still drab old buildings at the end of the day." He sighed to himself. 

A chair that Kyungsoo found was broken when he sat on it and the back of it snapped right off. Great. 

Kyungsoo tried to calm his nerves. This was not how he imagined this would be. But it was only day one. Hardly anyone has a good first day. It was going to get better, he kept telling himself. It had to get better, he pleaded. 

Kyungsoo began to unpack his stuff. He hung up his clothes, he made his bed with his bedsheets, pillows, and blanket. He set up his books and school supplies, etc. 

It took him about an hour and half to unload everything. The room looked a bit better, which he was thankful for. Because hey, if the school year had and he didn't make any friends and was constantly tormented by his roommates, at least his room looked nice. 

Kyungsoo bitterly laughed at the thought. 

His roommate was in the living room at that moment probably having , the entire rest of the apartment students were partying in the hallway, his friends back at home were most definitly pre-gaming before they headed out to their own big, "Back to School" parties, and here he was, stuck in his room wondering which video he should watch because seeing Baekhyun in that position turn him on a little bit.

Great. 

Kyungsoo looked at his phone: 9:32pm. It was early, really early. But he had a long day. He decided to call his parents before heading off to dreamland. He unlocked his phone and dialed his mother's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey. I unpacked everything."

"Oh that's awesome!! We're so sorry again for not being able to make it, kiddo." 

"Nah, it's fine. Work is work. Is dad there?" He asked, staring up at his cracked ceiling.

"Yeah; let me put him on."

He heard a shuffling and then his father's husky voice, "Hey man!" 

"Hey. How's the leg?"

"Oh it's perfectly fine; these dumb doctors don't know what they're talking about." 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Did mom change the dressing?"

"She did, she did. We told you to move out so you would quit nagging us."

This made him slightly smile. "Well who else will keep you guys in order?" 

"Our probation officers." 

"Ha-Ha. Very funny." Kyungsoo didn't laugh. 

He then heard another shuffle and his mother's voice in the distance which meant he was on speaker phone. "Have you met your roommates?"

"Only one. He was making out with some girl and smoking. Sound familiar?" 

"Hey now." His father scolded.

"Well don't let that get to you, okay kiddo? You've done so well for yourself." His mother said. 

"Thanks mom." 

"Keep up the good work like you always do, okay? We're so proud of you." She continued. Kyungsoo sighed and silently agreed. At least he turned out alright. 

"Thanks guys. I'm gonna go to bed. Just wanted let you know I'm all settled in and whatnot. I'll call you when I can. Love you."

"Love you!" His parents responded before Kyungsoo hung up. A g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter