:04

I'll never let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is this Baekhyun????”

But she didn’t get any answer from him.

She looked at him for an answer, but she saw he was frozen. He was staring at the thing inside the cupboard with wide eyes, as if it was his first time seeing it.

“Baekhyun?” she walk to him slowly, “Tell me; what is that thing?” she points to it.

And again, there was no answer. She waits for him to speak, but there was nothing coming out from his mouth, not even a movement from him.

It was scaring her, so she starts to shake him, hoping to get any action from him.

But what she didn’t know is that he was long gone already, gone to the moment that changed his life completely.

 

A year ago

He opens the door of his house with a straight face and gets inside with a gloomy vibe. He was really upset; upset that how his perfect life turned upside down tonight. This is not he wanted to happen, but he didn’t have any choice.

Behind him followed a young girl in a white dress, holding a bucket of white rose. She knows the man in front of her was upset with everything, and she feels bad for him but can’t do anything about it.

She just innocently follows him where he was going. He took off his suit jacket tiredly and threw it on the floor carelessly. She bends down to take it and gently pats off the dust on it, then continues to follow him silently.

He opens the door of his bedroom and gets inside, he was about to close the door but stopped when he saw her, about to get inside with him.

“What?” he asked her without any emotion.

“Huh?” she asks him nervously. The strictness of his face was scaring her, so it was making her quite nervous.

“Why are you here?” he asks her again.

“Oh?” she got confused by his question and darts her eyes around, thinking how to answer him, “A-aren’t we…uh” she pauses to re-think, “Aren’t we going to… sleep in here?”

In return she got an obnoxious scoff from him.

“What?” he asked as if her answer amused him, “You thought I’m gonna share my precious room with you?”

His question caught her off guard, “Isn’t that, every married people do?” she carefully asks, “Aren’t we suppose to sleep together after the wedding?”

He snickers at her questions, sarcastically. “Wow. For an uneducated person, you know what a married couple do on their wedding night?” he asked her cruelly.

She was quite hurt by his words, but however she maintained her composure, “I-I’m not uneducated, I’m just homeschooled.”

“I don’t care.” He replies immediately, “You are not sleeping in my room.”

“What?” her heart dropped, “Why?”

 “Because… I don’t want you to.” He said, “There is an extra room down the hallway, you can sleep there.” He points and then shuts the door on her face rudely.

She sighs sadly and drops her head down, already missing her guardian. She folds the suit jacket on her hand and places it on the table beside the door.

She opens the door of the extra room he told her about and looked around it. She sighs in relief when she saw it was at least cleaned.

Without delaying anymore time, she cleaned herself up. After washing her face, she looked up to the mirror and saw her reflection. She sighs when she saw how sad the girl on the mirror looks. She can tell that from now on, her life wouldn’t be normal any more.

 

“Is he treating you well?” The woman on the phone asks her.

“Y-yeah, he is just, trying to adjust everything.” She replies nervously, making the woman frown.

“Are you sure Hera?” she asks her, “You don’t sound like that.”

“Yeah, I’m sure.” Hera says immediately, trying to hide her lie, “How is everyone omonim?”

The woman sighs, “Your friends miss you a lot, there are in class now so they can’t talk with you.”

“It’s okay; I’ll visit the orphanage soon.” Hera says smiling.

“It was nice talking to you Hera; I hope you are doing well. I’ll call again okay?”

“Okay.” Hera says and bids the woman good bye.

After the call, she continues to make breakfast for her husband. Everyone in the orphanage loved her cooking so she was hoping her cooking would make him change his mind about her.

She understands why he was mistreating her like that, it’s because she wasn’t absolutely his type and she agrees about that, a handsome, rich and well established man with a low class girl like her? It doesn’t match at all.

She looked up when she heard footsteps from the stairs and saw her husband was coming down; already ready to go to his work.

She expected him to sit on the dining table, but instead he was heading towards the main door. She realised what he was doing and quickly darted towards him.

“Wait!”

He halts in his steps and looked back, watching her running towards him. He sighs inwardly because she just ruined his morning.

“Aren’t you going to have your breakfast?” She asks him after stopping in front of him.

His eye brows furrowed, “None of your business.” He spatted rudely and turns to the door, but stopped when she grabbed his arm.

“But I already made break fast for you.”

He looks at where she was touching him, and jerks his hand away from her. She was startled by the force he applied and mentally scolded herself for her behaviour.

“No, thanks.” He says coldly, “I’m not hungry.”

“But you shouldn’t go to work with an empty stomach.” She protested.

“I said, no thanks.” He scolds her a little loudly.

She gasps in scared. Thinking she might have pushed it a little further.

He glares at her and turns around to leave the house, without saying another word.

She looks down and sighs sadly at her failure. Quietly she heads back to the kitchen and turns the stove off. She looks at the dining table that she arranged for the two of them, it took her a lot of effort to do that.

 

“The company is planning on throwing a huge party soon by the way.” Baekhyun looks at his colleague “A party? Why?”

The man nods, “It’s because of our never-ending profits, our products has been sold a lot and also in great prices. So Boss is throwing a party for that.”

Baekhyun nods understanding, “Okay then.” Then he goes back to his work.

“He is expecting to bring our wives by the way.”

Baekhyun froze and looked up at his colleague “Oh shut up Chanyeol, I know you are lying.”

Chanyeol chuckles, “Oh come on man! Bring her there. We are all going to bring ours, and plus, it will be a great experience for Hera.”

Baekhyun frowns, “Who is Hera?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen, “Are you serious? You don’t know your own wife’s name?”

“Her name is Hera?” Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows.

Chanyeol sighs annoyed, “You need help seriously. Why don’t you like her anyway? She is really nice.”

“And how do you know that?” Baekhyun asks him.

“That is because I talked to her in your wedding?” Chanyeol says mockingly, “Suho hyung also had a chat with her, and he finds her nice too.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

Chanyeol frowns, “Why don’t you like her anyway?” he pauses to hear an answer from him, but instead he got only silence, so he continues, “What did she do to you?”

“Nothing.” Baekhyun replies quietly.

“Then? Why are you so cruel to her?” Chanyeol asks disappointed.

Baekhyun his lips, “It’s because.” He sighs, “I wanted to marry someone older, not someone like her.”

“Baek…” Chanyeol trails off, even more disappointed, “How could you be like this.”

“I just wanted to marry someone who has standards, is pretty, well educated, smart and mature. But she is none of that.” Baekhyun exclaims.

“But you had no choice Baekhyun.” Chanyeol explains to him, “You would disappoint your parents, and besides, what is there to be sad anyway? She is really sweet and nice.”

“I don’t care.” Baekhyun shuts off the conversation, “I’m not bringing her to the party.”

Chanyeol sighs, knowing he can’t argue with that anymore. Baekhyun has always been stubborn and no one can defeat him. So he decided to drop the topic.

After a while, Chanyeol suddenly hears Baekhyun’s stomach to grumble.

“You didn’t have breakfast today?”

Baekhyun glance up at him; a little nervous, “Uh… no.”

“Why?” he frowns, “Hera didn’t make breakfast for you?”

For a moment Baekhyun thought of lying to him. But he shook that thought off immediately when he realised that he was never a guy to lie like this. So defeated, he nods at him, “She did, but I didn’t want to eat her break fast.”

“Wow!!” Chanyeol claps his hands sarcastically, “Great job Baek! Way to hurt someone’s feelings.”

Baekhyun becomes quite at his remark, he was not only insulted but he also felt guilt to rise in his stomach. He knows that how he is treating you aren’t fair for you, but life wasn’t fair for him either. He was never this cruel, but fate just made him like this. Just like everyone else, he takes marriage seriously, as in choosing the right women so that he can live with her forever.

But having a girl like you makes him feel like you wouldn’t last that long with him.

 

You opened your swollen eyes and stared at the grave of your parents. You cried silently to them as much as possible, hoping they are watching you from above and understands your pain.

Being an orphan, you had no one to understand you. Sure you had lots of friends, but there are few things a friend can’t understand but family can. You thought getting married would solve everything, as your guardian told you, your husband would understand your pain. But you didn’t know why, their words weren’t coming true.

A palm on your shoulder snapped you out; you looked up and saw your guardian, smiling warmly at you.

“Are you done Hera? The cemetery is going to close soon.” She says to you.

You nodded and got up from the ground, bidding goodbye to your parents.

“You know you can’t hide everything from me right?” your guardian asks you as you both walk towards the entrance.

You sigh defeated and nodded silently, “I know.”

She looks at you, “I noticed your husband’s behaviour at the wedding Hera, so I can tell how everything is going with you.”

You just closed your eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter