:10

I'll never let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon enters the hallway of the hospital and observes the place around her as she was walking to the direction of a room where the person she came to meet is.

She stops walking when she saw a male nurse pushing a bed trolley along with another nurse. As they were passing by her she didn’t miss the chance to glance at the body lying on the bed, the body which have been rotten over the year.

Your dead body.

A horrifying chill ran down to her spine as she recalls the moment she opened the closet and saw your body there. It was terrifying. What she saw that time, will always haunt her.

They must have already post-mortem your body. She keeps watching as they were taking your body away till they entered a room. The door of that room closed and she looked at the name written on the door.

Morgue.

“Mrs. Byun?”

Taeyeon snaps out of her thoughts and looks behind her and saw a nurse calling her.

“Dr. Lee is inside, he is waiting for you.” The nurse says.

Taeyeon nods and walks to the room the nurse pointed to. She sighs and then takes a deep breath before knocking on the door.

 

“According to Mr. Byun’s therapist, Baekhyun-ssi has been under severe depression for a long time.” Dr. Lee explains to Taeyeon as the latter just stared at him in shock.

“What?” she asks him in disbelief, “It can’t be!” she rapidly shakes her head, “But, when I first met him, he didn’t show any depression.”

“That is what they’ll do.” Dr. Lee says, “They’ll hide their sadness to the world and would try to deal with it themselves.”

Taeyeon frowns at his words and starts to remember the first time she met Baekhyun. He looked jolly but with a good personality. There is no way he was depressed that time, but may be he was… because of you.

She remembers him complaining about you a lot to her, that how he doesn’t like being with you. How you were so clingy towards him and many more. You must have made him depressed.

“Here in his report says, he was bullied at his teen days. All this bullying and pressure is what made him like this now. No check up and therapy over the years, is what made everything worse.”

“Teen days?” Taeyeon frowns, “You mean, he has been depressed since then?”

“That is exactly what I said Mrs Byun, he has been depressed for a long time.” The doctor leans back on his chair, “Don’t be offended but, you are his wife. You must have noticed something odd in his behaviour.”

“I did.” She replies immediately, “I have noticed him acting odd ever since our wedding.” She pauses, “He would zone out most of the times and… and he would smile absent minded, like without any reason.”

The doctor just listens to her words carefully while nods knowingly. He knows why Baekhyun was behaving like that, what made him behave like that, why he is like that. He is a psychology doctor anyway; he knows the reason behind all behaviour of a person.

“What is it Doctor?” Taeyeon asks him worriedly, “Why aren’t you saying anything? You are scaring me.”

“It’s okay to be scared Mrs. Byun.” The doctor says, “You are in a mental hospital, and your husband is admitted here in a really serious situation. He isn’t fine at all; no one knows what is going on in his mind, so it would be tough for him to recover.”

She was speechless at his words. It scares her to think about how Baekhyun is doing right now. And knowing that it would be tough for him to be completely recover, terrified her.

What would she say to her family?

“You should have admitted him here since the beginning when you noticed these symptoms.” He says, “His therapist’s report isn’t nice at all.”

Taeyeon just gulps at his last sentence. She didn’t know what to explain to the doctor in front of her, so she just kept quite and listened to his words.

The doctor picks up a file in front of him and gives it to her, “This is the report I’ve been talking about. It isn’t anything like we used to deal. This situation is unusual to us.”

Taeyeon frowns again and takes the report from him and flips it open.

The doctor sighs, “To save the time for you to read the whole thing, I’m gonna tell you the real thing right now.”

She looks up from the report, a little afraid, “What is it Doctor?”

 He hums, “There is a name mentioned in the report, and it is not yours.” He slightly moves the report down to point. “This one.”

“Hera…” Taeyeon whispers as she stares at the name on the page. Not only the name is mentioned once, but many times.

“I suppose it’s the name of the dead body?” He asks her quietly.

But she didn’t answer him; she just looks at the sentences where Baekhyun mentioned you.

“Hera told me, she’ll always be with me no matter what.”

“Hera encouraged me to marry Taeyeon when I was at the verge of giving up.”

“Hera used to cook me food, but now she can’t because Taeyeon hired a new maid.”

“Hera would always make me feel better whenever I go through a bad day.”

“Hera would always make me happy whenever Taeyeon made me sad.”

“Hera always comforts me after Taeyeon scolds me.”

“Hera told me to take Taeyeon out, so that Taeyeon would stop being mad at me.”

“Hera and I would play around whenever Taeyeon isn’t home.”

“Last night, I made love to Hera.”

Taeyeon shuts the report immediately as she couldn’t take in all the information.

What was he talking about? She was so confused and terrified at the situation. How can you interact with him when she didn’t see you around?

You made him happy when she made Baekhyun sad?

You comforted him when she scolded him?

You told him to take her out?

You played around with him?

And lastly… he made love to you?

“Confusing isn’t it?” Dr Lee asks her, making her come back to reality.

“Doctor…” she gulps, “I-I don’t understand this.”

He sighs, “He admitted that he killed her Mrs Byun.”

“W-what?” she gasps in shock. Disbelief written all over her face as she could not believe this. What else would be the reason anyway? She saw your body in the closet and Baekhyun was hiding it from her, so of course he killed you. She just didn’t want to believe this theory.

“Not only that, but he also imagines her around him." He his lips, "I suppose he regrets what he has done to her n misses her a lot."

She lets out a scoff of disbelief, "What?"

“Last night when you admitted him here, I went to visit him and saw him zoning out…as you said.” He pauses, “few moments later I saw him smiling, really happily.”

Taeyeon just kept quite and listened to him. She was totally speechless at this. Baekhyun’s condition is really bad and it hurts her to think about this.

Why didn’t she find this out before marrying him?

“He was happy because he was imagining about Hera. He was imagining about how she was running around the room while he was trying to catch her.” He sighs, “He said it’s a game they always play.”

“What are you trying to say doctor?” Taeyeon asks him frowning.

The doctor shifts in his place, “What I’m saying is… his condition is really bad as you can see, and I can’t guarantee you that he will recover within 6 months.”

“Then?” she furrowed her eyebrows when she didn’t like where this was leading to. “How long will it take him to recover then?”

“Years.” He replies, “Not just a year, but more than that.”

“No way!” she gasps, “I can’t wait for him to recover for that long.”

“We are only doing what is good for him.” He explains, “Besides, he attempted to murder his wife Hera.”

“Ex-wife.” Taeyeon says stubbornly.

He shook his head, “Not really, they didn’t divorce.” He pauses, “As I was saying, since he murdered Hera, he might be taken to jail after his recovery.”

“No way!” Taeyeon stands up, “He was sick that time, so I think it isn’t fair for him to punish him.”

“So… I advise you to contact a lawyer.” He says calmly. “This case is real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter