Chapter 2

Ghost Of You: Wonwoo

My hands tremble as I stare at Wonwoo in shock. My face grows warm, a feeling of nervousness enters the pit of my stomach. Wonwoo looks at me in an almost annoyed expression, clearly oblivious to the fact that I'm a ghost.

“ Why wouldn't I be able to see you? You're right in front of me.” He retorts, rolling his eyes . I narrow my eyes at him, unimpressed by his snappy attitude, but I know thats only because he's nervous.

“ I...I'm a ghost. I'm dead, and I'm a soul now. That's why I'm surprised idiot!” I reply shortly. Wonwoo tries not to laugh, his eyes curving inward as he smiles.

“ You are crazy. How the hell can you be a ghost?” He asks.

“ I can prove it! You're the only human who can see me.”

“ Fine, prove it then.” He challenges. I look around, noticing a barista about to walk by the table we're at.

“ When that guy passes by, ask him to make me leave.” I demand. Wonwoo sighs, but agrees. The barista walks over and Wonwoo clears his throat.

“ Excuse me? Could you tell this girl to leave me alone?” Wonwoo asks pointing directly at me. The barista looks puzzled at him, then looking at the chair I was sitting on

“ Um sir, are you alright? There's no one there. Do you need me to call anyone for you?” He asked Wonwoo. I smirk slightly at the shocked boy as the barista walks away.

“ Ya see?” I said simply. “ I am a ghost.”

“ B-but how?!” I shrug, as Wonwoo adjusts himself in his seat.

“ I don't remember how I died or my family… but I do get small glimpses at times.” I said. Wonwoo runs his hand through his hair, I could see him trying to take this all in. His eyebrows furrow suddenly.

“ Why are you here with me then? Shouldn't you be with other ghosts?” He asks. I panic slightly, it's not like I can just tell him, well I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember.

“ I...I'm like your guardian ghost. I'm supposed to watch over you.” I said quickly.

“ How long have you been watching me?” Wonwoo asks, leaning forward, his voice small almost a whisper.

“ F-for as long as I can remember… Like I said before I don't remember much.” I reply. Wonwoo looks at me, his eyes tracing around me.

“ This is weird… but okay. You're my guardian.” He said before smiling slightly.

* *

“ Have you followed me everywhere?” Wonwoo asks.

“Not everywhere. I do give you privacy.” I reply as the two of us walk around a park. I can notice people staring at Wonwoo, probably because he was talking everywhere. “ And maybe you should whisper. You don't want to look like a psycho.” Wonwoo rolls his eyes, and pushes his glasses up his nose.

“ How come I couldn't see you before?”

“ God so many questions. I don't know why, but now you can so that's that. And I'll give you a run down on ghost stuff. Yes I can sleep, do I need it no, but it's nice and yes we do still dream sometimes. I can eat if you give me food, and no we can't go through walls, but we do teleport.” I said as he nods.

“ Are the other ghosts as pretty as you are?” Wonwoo asks suddenly.

“ Well not- I suddenly look at him, his lips curled into a soft smile. My face suddenly feels hot, I look away from him flustered.

You smooth bastard...” I mumble mostly to myself. Wonwoo smirks to himself, before clearing his throat.

“Anyway, I have to go to a class at the college...” He starts.

“ Y-yeah I know, you're a major in English and Literature and you wanna become an author because of your love for books.” I said as he looks at me wide eyed.

“ You do know me…. Um. Do you follow me there or?”

“ Yes, let's go or else someone's gonna take your favorite seat. Oh and if you go to the coffee shop, can you please maybe get me a mocha latte please??” I ask. Wonwoo stares at me, his eyebrows almost disappearing into his hairline.

“ Yeah, sure.” He replies as I smile at him, now he gets flustered. We make our way down the town, him whispering to me most of the way.

* * *

Doctor! Her heart rate is dropping!!!”

“We're doing all we can!”

She's going into cardiac arrest!”

“ Get me the defibrillator NOW!”

“ Hey! Wake up!”

I jump up suddenly, my eyes popping open. Wonwoo stares down at me from where he's standing.

“ You were dreaming again weren't you?” He asks sadly. I blink slowly, not realizing the tears falling down my face. I let out a shaky breath, sitting up on the couch I was on. It's been a week since I've been Wonwoo's “guardian”, and I now stay with him at his apartment since he doesn't want me wandering around. For the past few days I've been getting more and more glimpses of my life, and I'm not sure what it means.

“ I… I think I was in a hospital again...” I said as Wonwoo sits next to me.

“ Did you see anything? Or was it just the voices?” He asks.

“ Voices. And again that woman's voice was really worried and panicked.” I reply. Wonwoo hums in response, he sits back on the couch, thinking to himself.

“ What?”

“ I just don't get why you keep getting those flashbacks. If you're a ghost you should be able to recall all your memories of your life.” Wonwoo pauses realization hitting him. “ Unless…”

“ Unless what?”

“ What if you aren't dead yet. What if you're in a coma?”