Chapter 7

Ghost Of You: Wonwoo

Minhee refused to let Junhui back into her hospital room. She couldn't remember him no matter what he would tell her about their relationship.

“She just needs some time Jun, don’t give up on her.” Mrs. Lee said as she pats his shoulder.

“I want to, I really do but why does she keep wanting to see this Wonwoo guy? And who even is that and how does she know about him?” He asks. Mrs. Lee sighs and shrugs, “I don’t know who that is...”.

“If I ever find that guy...I swear to god...” Jun mumbles to himself. Mrs. Lee sighs again, getting up from the chair she was in to go back to see Minhee.

“All in good time Jun. Don’t worry.” She said as she steps into the room.

“Did you find him?” Minhee asks hopeful. “Did you find Wonwoo?”

“No dear. But it’s okay Jun’s still outside, he really wants to see you today.” Minhee frowns, a sudden ache reaching the top of her head.

“I don’t want him. I want to see Wonwoo.” She said firmly. Mrs. Lee tries not to groan, rolling her eyes slightly.

“My dear, I think you just imagined this boy, I don’t think he’s real.”

“He is real. I would go with him- There was a sudden knock on the door, Minhee’s heart flutters at the thought that it could be Wonwoo.

“Hey sis.” A short blond haired boy said as Mrs. Lee lets him into the room. Minhee squints at him, trying her hardest to remember, when it clicks.

“Jihoon?” She said carefully. The boy smiles slightly, going over to his sister’s side, holding her hand.

“Glad to know you didn’t forget me.” He said. Minhee grins at him, squeezing his hand slightly.

“How could I? You are my little brother.” She said teasingly.

“By like fifteen seconds you dork.” Jihoon grumbles at his twin.

“Alright Jihoon, I’ll be back, keep an eye on your sister while I go get some dinner.” Mrs. Lee said as she steps out. Minhee watches her leave, adjusting herself in the bed.

“Thank god she’s gone...”

“Was she being too clingy?” Jihoon snickers.

“Kinda..but listen Hoon, I need you to do something.” Minhee said with her voice low.

“Of course, what is it sis?”

“I need you to find someone for me.”

~ ~ ~

 

Wonwoo walks toward his kitchen tiredly, making his forth cup of coffee that day in order to finish studying for his English final. He’s been to the hospital time and time again to see Minhee but the hospital staff would not let him in due to his name not being on the list that Mrs. Lee gave them of the people who were allowed to see her. He was desperate to see her, the past days being almost unbearable to go through without her. Wonwoo realized how much he actually depended on Minhee, how dull his days are without Minhee being there to brighten them up. A sudden knock on his door startles his out of his thoughts, putting the coffee mug down, he walks towards the door and looks out the peep hole. A small boy with blond hair waiting patiently for the door to open. Puzzled, Wonwoo opens the door, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Can I help you kid?” He asks. Jihoon gives him a slight glare, rolling his eyes, but shrugs it off.

“Are you Jeon Wonwoo?”

“Yes. Who are you?” Wonwoo asks.

“My name is Lee Jihoon. Minhee is my sister and she’s been dying to see you. She’s in the hospital right now and has been asking for you for the past couple of days. Only we don’t know how she knows you, but she asked me to come get you.” Jihoon said. Wonwoo felt his heart speed up, his head spins with thousands of thoughts rushing through him. He quickly grabs his coat and keys off the hooks in his entry way, and lock the door.

“Take me to her.” Wonwoo demands. Jihoon eyes him, and nods.

“But, uh, you might want to put some real clothes on.” Jihoon said with a smirk. Wonwoo looks down at his pajamas and sighs before going back into the apartment. Jihoon laughs to himself slightly, thinking to himself “This is the idiot my sister wants to see? He’s better than Jun but damn what’s with her taste in idiots.”

~ ~ ~

“Are you sure they’re gonna let me in? I’ve come other times before and they said I couldn't.” Wonwoo asks worriedly.

“Don’t worry, if they see you walk in with me it’ll be fine.” Jihoon replies. The two walk through the lobby, no one stops them as they head towards the rooms.

“Oh good, Junhui isn’t here anymore. He probably got tired of waiting.”

“Who’s Junhui?” Wonwoo asks. Jihoon looks at the taller boy puzzled.

“Did Minhee not tell you about her boyfriend?” He asks. Wonwoo freezes, his heart nearly stopping.

“BOYFRIEND?!”