Chapter 8

Ghost Of You: Wonwoo

 

“Minhee has a boyfriend?” Wonwoo exclaims.

“Er..Had? I’m not sure. My mom told me he came to visit her when she woke up but she pushed him away and can’t even remember his name.” Jihoon said. Wonwoo looks down, continuing to walk with Jihoon towards the room.

“I wonder why she didn’t tell me..” He mumbled to himself.

“That reminds me, how did you meet her? It’s been six months since she went into a coma.” Jihoon said with an eyebrow raised.

“Oh I uh…At a bookshop before the accident...” Wonwoo replied quickly as they finally got to the room. Wonwoo peers into the small window in the door to see Minhee reading a book, her ghostly features now gone, “She’s beautiful..” he thought. Jihoon eyes the taller boy, huffing slightly as he pushes the door open. Wonwoo sighs but braces himself as he walks in.

“Hoonie, were you able to find him?” Minhee asks without looking up.

“Why don’t you put the book down.” Jihoon said with a slight glare to his sister at the sound of his nickname. Minhee looks up, her eyes widen instantly, a rush of emotions filling her, she feels her eyes sting with tears as she looks at Wonwoo.

“W-Wonwoo...You’re here.” She nearly whispers as Wonwoo smiles widely, he walks to her side as Minhee try to hug him with the arm that wasn’t in a sling.

“Told you I’d find you Minhee...”

Jihoon watches his sister as she embraces the older boy, noting how Minhee sobbed slightly, she really did love this guy.

“I’ve tried to visit you sooner but they wouldn’t let me in.” Wonwoo said as Minhee wipes her tears away.

“Stupid staff...I’ve been wanting to see you...My mom brought some guy in and he said he was my boyfriend. But I can’t remember him at all. All I can remember is you, and how I would go with you to the college or meet you at the bookshop.” Minhee said as Jihoon looks puzzled.

“When did all that happen? You’ve been out for six months.” Wonwoo feels panic suddenly, how could they possibly explain how Minhee would visit him as a ghost.

“ I think she may have gotten her memories mixed.” Wonwoo said quickly. “ Right Minhee?” He looks at the girl and she nods.

“Oh yeah… I think.”

Suddenly the door of the room opens and in walk in Mrs. Lee and Junhui. Their eyes land on Wonwoo and immediately Jun marches up to him, a frown on his face.

“You’re Wonwoo aren’t you?”