Chapter 3

Ghost Of You: Wonwoo

“ Have you been able to find anything?”

Wonwoo shakes his head as his fingers fly against the keys on the keyboard. I sigh heavily before sitting next to him. Ever since the idea of that I could be alive, Wonwoo has been researching for anyone that had been in an accident. He even missed a couple days of classes because of it.

“ Ah, I think I found something. Lee Minhee, seventeen year old who got ran over by a speeding truck went into a coma six months ago. Damn. No picture, but here's the address of the hospital. I think we should check it out.” Wonwoo said. A wave of nervousness hits me and suddenly I felt scared.

“ We.. We don't have to go today. Since we already know where the hospital is, we can go whenever...Just not now.” I replied.

“ But why not today? I mean you can finally know the truth.”

“ I said NO.” I yell. Wonwoo's eyes widen in surprise, a small flash of anger passes him.

“ Fine. Then you can go by yourself. You're welcome.” He slams his computer shut and leaves for his room.

“ Wait- Wonwoo, I.” I go towards his door.

“ Just leave me alone…please.”

* * *

“ Wonwoo I'm sorry I snapped okay? Can you please just talk to me?” I knocked on his door for the sixth time that day. “ I will come in there if I have to.” The door unlocks and it opens slowly with a creak. I peer into his room, noting the piles of books on his desk, and the faint smell of coffee. When I finally see Wonwoo, he's sprawled on his bed, in his sweater with his hair messy and his glasses on. He looks adorable, I cough slightly to try not to blush.

“ What is it that you need?” He asks coldly, his eyes narrowed.

“ I-I… I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice at you. I… I'm just scared to find out about me… What if I end up waking up and I can't see you or my family lives somewhere else? I… I don't want to be apart from you...” I confess. His eyes widen a bit, he sits up, staring directly at me.

“ That's the reason why you didn't want to go? Because you didn't want to leave me?” He asks in awe. I nod slightly, trying not to let my emotions get the best of me.

“ Look…. I-um… I can't remember the way I died. Or why or why I'm so drawn to you. But I do.. love you.. I don't want to throw that away. Being able to spend time with you these past weeks have been really nice..” I couldn't stop myself from saying it. I finally told him. I knew not to expect anything back, but at least he knew.

“ It's okay… If you end up going back to your body we can still be friends can't we? And… I don't love you… not yet at least.. But I do like you.” Wonwoo said, a dark blush on his pale face. I smiled widely before reaching over to hug him. I feel him stiffen, then relax, his arms wrapping around me.

“ Don't worry ghost girl, it'll be okay.”

* * *

 

“ How may I help you?”

“ I uh, I need to visit Lee Minhee.” Wonwoo said to the lady at the front desk of the hospital.

“ What's your relation to the patient?”

“ I'm one of her friends.” He replies before getting a pass.

“ She's in room 117.” Wonwoo nods before walking to an elevator. I follow close behind him, I feel myself shake with nervousness.

“ Hey, it's okay. I'm right here with you.” He reassures me. I link arms with him, being as close to him as I can. When we reach the room, I hear soft beeps and the strong aroma of alcohol lurks everywhere. I take a shaking breath, Wonwoo looks down at me, his eyes soft as he takes my hand and leads me in. On the bed, a girl lays unconsciously, hooked up to machines, her right arm in a cast. Her face bruised and cut, Wonwoo looks at the girl then back to me. I finally take a close look at her face.

“ It's you...You're Lee Minhee.”