Chapter One

Ghost Of You: Wonwoo

I can't remember the last time I felt this way. Hell, it feels like it's been an eternity. Being in love is a blessing and a curse, especially if the boy that I love is alive while I'm dead. Today is like any other day, I follow my boy around for some part of the day, just to be able to see him. It's cold, I think, I know it's December and many of the people are wearing layers of clothes. My eyes travel around the streets until I spot a familiar mop of black hair. I can't help but smile to myself as I catch up to Wonwoo. “He's wearing his glasses today..” I realized. His body covered in a coat and red scarf, his mouth covered with a black face mask. His eyes slightly narrowed as he makes his way through out the street. Wonwoo crosses another street before walking into his usual book shop. I follow him, sitting across from him at a table after he gets a handful of books. I trace the features of his face, his dark eyes curled up as he softly smiles to himself while reading, a crinkle appears on his nose. I feel my ghostly body heat up with delight as I watch him read, something about him has always intrigued me, and I've been drawn to him for as long as I can remember. Many other ghosts are drawn to someone, some older souls have told me its because the people we follow are actually our soul mates. I don't know whether to believe them or not, but I just end up following Wonwoo no matter what I do. I wish he could see me, or I could send him a message. I love him, I wish he could love me too.

“ Ohmigod! Wonwoo! It's been such a long time!” A high pitched voice chirps. Both Wonwoo and I jump in surprise, looking in the direction of the the voice. A brown haired, red lipped girl with a pink sweater stood in front of Wonwoo with a huge smile.

“ Oh, hello SunGi.” Wonwoo greets the girl with a small sigh. Sungi, I can't stand her. I can almost see how much she wants to get him to date her. Anger bubbles in me, I glare at her, even though I know it can't do anything.

“ Always reading huh? Why don't we go get some brunch or something. You can't stay here all day can you?” Sungi asks with an eye brow raised. Wonwoo gives her a confused look, a small wave of nervousness hit him.

“ Oh. I actually can spend all day in here. I already ate too so maybe some other time..” He murmurs. Sungi's face falls, but she recovers, the smile comes back on her face.

“ Okay, yeah maybe next time. I've got to run, but I'll see you later.” She then scurries away. “ Good riddance..” I thought to myself, turning back to the boy in front of me. Wonwoo sighs to himself before gathering his books, walking over to the check out. I wait for him near the door, watching him pay for his books. He turns to look in my direction, and I wave as a joke. Wonwoo's eye brows furrow, a confused expression on his face. I shrug to myself and follow him out.

* * *

It's been a couple of days since Sungi tried asking out Wonwoo and for some reason I noticed he's off. I'm not sure whats bugging him. It's a Sunday afternoon, and I go to a coffee shop where I see Wonwoo sitting at a table, enjoying a cup of dark coffee. I slid into the seat next to him, and he looks directly into my eyes. I stare at him, confusion over taking me.

“ Um, hello.” He said suddenly. I look behind me, no one there. “ I'm talking to you dummy.”

“ Me?” I speak up, my eyes wide.

“ Yes, who else? You're sitting right in front of me.” He said. My jaw drops, a gasp leaving me.

“ Y-you can see me!?”