V. Before the game

Percy Jackson should've warned me about this
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was staring at the lake. She was sitting on the shore, her big black boots made a great contrast to the clear sand. She was only dressed in her favorite black jeans, and some shredded top, some of the kids of Ares didn't mind to go around shirtless or in minimal clothing, Jennie wasn't like that, but she was so hot that minimal clothing sounded good.

She felt a presence take a seat beside her, and almost groaned.

"What do you want?" She barked annoyed. The bad side of Ares is that he held grudges, like Jennie does.

Lisa shuffled uncomfortably, and then offered a hand, as if making peace.

"I want to say sorry for the other day" Lisa timidly explained, and then stared at the water too "I mean it, you are my best friend, and I didn't want to bother you, it was a game"

Jennie grunted, and punched the sand.

"You almost hurt Jisoo"

Lisa looked up, alarmed. And waved her hands in panic.

"I swear to Zeus that it wasn't me" Jennie only scoffed indignantly. "It's the truth, it wasn't me, I know you don't believe me but I wouldn't hurt Jisoo, knowing" the blonde stopped and didn't finish the sentence.

Jennie stared at her, curiously.

"Knowing what?"

Lisa looked away, and her face grew serious, the tremble in her hands stopped and a tired sigh left her lips.

"Look, I know I have quite the reputation there, and that lately I have been bothering you with my jokes and all. But there's a line that I will never cross and that would be messing with Jisoo. She is someone I care for, and I don't want to hurt her"

There was such sincerity in her eyes that Jennie nodded, curtly.

"Then? Who it was?"

There was an edge in her voice, because it was easier to be mad at Lisa for a stupid prank than getting mad at another person.

Lisa hummed.

"I don't know. But I have my suspicions, it could be Joy. She loves that toy, the one we, Sehun and I created to practice, and have been throwing it around" Jennie clenched her jaw. "Joy is truly the spawn of satan, no one can control her. So wild, I tried to talk to her, and well, that didn't end well for me"

"What do you mean?"

"To be honest, I kinda wish I was the daughter of Poseidon, because being forced down on the water of the toilet is the worst experience on my life there by far"

Jennie felt sorry for her friend. So, she punched her arm, and offered a mischievous smile.

"I forgive you"

Lisa rolled her eyes.

"I just told you that I didn't do anything, but well, I hope everything between us is okay"

Jennie cracked a more genuine smile, and the sad look of her eyes was replaced by twinkling. She held her fist up, waiting for Lisa to bump it. The blonde laughed in joy, and hugged her friend tightly, almost immediately crying in relief.

"Hey, don't cry, you look ugly when you do that"

"Jennie, I missed you so much"

Jennie deadpanned, and sighed, patting softly Lisa on the back, to calm her down a little, feeling already a little irritated.

"C'mon stop it or I'll punch you"

Lisa instantly stopped and wiped all her tears.

"You are my best friend"

Jennie stared at her hands, and then smiled.

"I know, you are mine as well" Then remembered something that Lisa said. "What did you mean that you wouldn't hurt Jisoo knowing?"

This time Lisa fell silent again, and she looked quite uncomfortable with the topic, as if it hurt her to talk about it. The girl stared at the ground, and took a deep breath.

"You care about her, right?" She changed the topic, and her dark eyes were quite intense staring into Jennie's soul.

Jennie squirmed, she hates to talk about feelings at all, but it was no secret that Jisoo was someone so important in her life. If her veins and her body are propriety of Aphrodite/Irene, then Jisoo is the owner of her soul. That made her realize something, her life was never hers since the very beginning. She cracked a smile at the thought.

Her eyes encountered Lisa's, and nodded.

"Of course, she is my friend"

Lisa looked quite disappointed with the answer, and nodded with a pout.

"Sometimes you are weird" she said instead.

Jennie punched her on the face, not caring about any bystanders. Lisa squealed at the pain, and punched Jennie back, soon they ended up on the sand rolling around, wrestling, and punching the lights out of each other. Maybe tomorrow both would have black eyes, and swollen lips but neither cared.

Wendy saw them and nudged Rose with her elbow, both of them had guitars strapped on their backs, and Rose simply groaned.

"They are a pair of idiots"

Wendy smiled, a wistful one, and her eyes softened.

"It must be nice"

Rose lifted an eyebrow, and her usually soft voice, was higher when she asked her half sister what she meant.

Wendy continued to stare at the strange pair, and turned back to Rose, the same smile that now turned sadder.

"Have a friend like that" Rose was confused, she knows by now that Wendy is pretty much a loner, but she has seen the girl hanging out with their sisters and brothers from the Apollo cabin.

"Don't you have friends?" Rose blurted, then blushed at how straight forward was the question.

Wendy chuckled, and patted her own cheeks thinking about a certain someone.

"I have friends" she declared, then lowered her voice, the sad glint returned to her eyes "but I don't have a friend like them, so carefree. I had once, but we distance ourselves"

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that"

Wendy squeezed her shoulder. And then Rose smiled.

"Don't worry, I am alright" then stole another glance at the unlikely pair, with amused eyes "Good to know that they are good now"

Rose sighed.

"Yes, I suppose. Lisa have been mopping around in despair, not helping that her brothers are quite harsh on her"

"The Hermes cabin is curiously the less amicable team out of all. Sometimes, not always"

"I guess. It has to do with Joy"

Wendy froze at the name, and stared at her hands.

"This has to do with Joy?"

Rose nodded, she was disappointed that the older siblings of her friend were such an idiots sometimes. The harsh pranks the often pull on each other it's something never seen in the Apollo cabin, where every person is nice to the other.

Wendy fell silent once more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter