XVI.

Percy Jackson should've warned me about this
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sword came faster and stronger than she expected. Jennie let out a yelp of surprise and narrowly avoided a hit that should have broken her bones. She glared at Joy, who only smirked in delight.

“C’mon, Ares girl, I heard that your cabin is like a house full of gladiators but I ain’t see that in you” Joy let out a sarcastic giggle “Well, maybe Aphrodite likes losers now”

Jennie jumped and punched Joy’s face, angrily. The older girl was surprised by the attack and didn’t react right away.  But once it register in her brain, her voice transformed in a war cry and the couple soon began to fight.

Jisoo sighed, seeing that disastrous scenario. Irene was absent for the practices because she still is a favorite of Aphrodite and needs to talk with their Mother. Jisoo often wonders how it should feel to have the blessing of the Goddess. Or maybe be the favorite of anyone.

“Well, this is interesting. I guess, I should pray for Zeus to protect you from  the danger because for what I see those two wont be able to do so” Yeri appeared almost out of thin air. Jisoo smiled in welcoming, finding the girl’s presence relaxing.

“I hate the fact that you think that I will need protection”

Yeri looked away with red cheeks, yeah, she does love how Jisoo is strong and independent, too different of other Aphrodite’s daughters. She shoved her hands inside the pockets of her hoodie, to hide them from Jisoo’s view. They were shaking.

“At least, that sounds reassuring”

Both smiled at each other in ease, before staring at the pair. Yeri shook her head.

“Joy is still the childish stupid girl I know, and Jennie is the most brute. I can’t believe the put such a wonderful pair to accompany you for the mission. I wonder who thought this would be a good idea.”

 Jisoo sighed again, tiredly. The last thing she did want was to be with Jennie and Irene, but that is her bad luck.

“Fate”

Yeri stared at Jisoo, her heart beating strong and warm, and for once, she thought she is able to feel something other than contempt. Her shaky hand poked Jisoo’s cheek and marveled at the softness. She leaned in, wanting to close the distance between them, but not knowing how.  Until a narrow passing by made her fall down on her back, surprised. When she searched for the source of it, she found Jennie glaring at her, her hands over a crossbow.

“What the hell?” She whispered. The Ares kid only shrugged her shoulders innocently. “That ”

Jisoo wasn’t aware of it. She was just daydreaming. Lost in a maze of memories of better times, where Jennie was still hers. But now, she knows it’s time to move on, maybe, Jennie wasn’t even hers to begin with.

“Yeri?” The other girl stopped glaring at Jennie, and focused her attention to Jisoo “Can you teach me more techniques of defense? It’s time to stop depending on Jennie”

The girl got up from her seat and smiled brightly to Yeri, who was shocked.

“Of course, it will be my pleasure”

They took a last look at the pair training, and felt pity. It’s time to move on. Yeri thought of a time where her mother used to wait for her father to come to visit, always by the window, always dreaming awake, always telling great stories about him, not knowing that she wasn’t the only one, and that he didn’t even care for both. Now, older she stopped wishing for wistful times. It’s better to be practical, not to be a dreamer.

There’s a small arena next to the gym, where the Ares kids train. It’s not as well equipped as the other, but it can work. She took off her hoodie, and stood in a white shirt and pants. Jisoo was already in sport wear so, she just waited for instructions.

“You know? More than all the muscles that Jennie has, you need to use your intelligence. I will teach you a few tricks, and remember, darling, never be afraid to use dirty tricks to do the job”

Jisoo was aware that her body isn’t as fit as Jennie’s, she doesn’t even have abs. But she does run every morning and tries to exercise. She stole a look at Yeri’s body- with broader shoulders than Jennies, and curvier hips. Yeri doesn’t look strong either, but for what she has heard, the girl is a great fighter, but an even better strategist.

“So, the first lesson is use everything at your hand to make things works, even your stunningly good looks” She said in a serious voice. Jisoo blushed at the compliment.

“Stunningly good looks?” She whispered, and Yeri nodded, as if it’s obvious.

“You are Kim Jisoo, and you are beautiful. And that’s an advantage” She didn’t refer her good looks to her mother but for her and Jisoo was grateful.

Yeri took a sword, and balanced it.

“Are you ready?” She said before lunging at her, with a ferrous glint in her eyes. That morning, Jisoo felt like a strong girl not just a piece of meat.

“Yes, you are doing good, and now to avoid this, try to do this move” Yeri smirked, swinging back the sword, and Jisoo avoided it neatly, only stumbling a little and falling into Yeri’s arms. “I got ya” there was a palpable tension in that moment with Yeri’s arms around Jisoo’s narrow waist. Both girls fell silent, and their minds drifted to other scenarios, less complicated.

A loud slam resonated. And they quickly jumped to put some distance, Jisoo’s face was red as tomato. And for once, her thought didn’t differ to Jennie.

But to their luck, it was Jennie, (and Wendy) who interrupted them.

“Hey, Jisoo” Jennie called, pointedly ignoring Yeri’s presence “Let’s go to take a swim, Lisa and Ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter