II.

Percy Jackson should've warned me about this
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie and Jisoo are walking around the camp, making ridiculous small talk. Jisoo is a master of that, and Jennie is a master of listening and nodding at the appropriate times, even if she doesn't understand a single thing that comes out her best friend's mouth. Jennie is dressed in a sleeveless shirt and some shorts. Jisoo took a peek at her friend's arms, and hummed.

 

"It's me or you are getting bulkier by each day that pass?" The voice of Jisoo is full of innocent wonder, and Jennie can't help but smile at the sound. They were together for so long, that Jennie knows almost every quirk about her older friend.

 

Jennie then thought, and flexed her arms, surprised when the biceps popped out, one of her hands touched her stomach, and there were these hard lines present. 

 

"I haven't noticed" Jennie said the truth, of course she knows that the insanely amount of training the Ares cabin is receiving is finally showing some results. But she didn't know that her friend noted the changes. So she asked her about that.

 

"To be honest, I hadn't noticed it, but yesterday after music practice I heard Jieqiong talking about it with Nayeon, they were talking about your cabin as if you guys were fresh meat. So disgusting" 

 

Jennie couldn't help but blush with this new information. Then a tiny hope installed itself on her heart.

 

"Was Irene there?"

 

Jisoo frowned, a little confusion  colored her eyes.

 

"Irene?" Her voice was quiet, and it was obvious that she doesn't understand what her older sister had to do with anything.

 

Jennie scratched her neck, and blushed heavily hating Jisoo for making say certain things out loud.

 

"Yes, perhaps she was talking about my cabin with your sisters?" The hope that Jennie didn't bother to hide broke Jisoo's heart, there were two reasons, the first one was her obvious feelings for her friend and the second one was because Irene is the favorite daughter, and that came with a price, she was the most conceited one of the bunch. She doesn't want to hurt Jennie, but she doesn't want to lie.

 

"Well, Nayeon and Jieqiong did. I was distracted so I didn't see her there" Jisoo saw how. Jennie's shoulders dropped a little, but masked her disappointment with a smile, acting as she wasn't bothered by that fact.

 

"Oh, I guess she was too busy" 

 

"She seems like a busy lady" 

 

"She is" 

 

They stayed silent for some time, and Jennie stared at the ground too lost in her thoughts about a certain older girl. She feels ashamed of herself, she swore to never fall for an Aphrodite kid, because they are at the end of the day just players, or focus on beauty than brains, than soul, and she finds that a little sad. There's the other part, she knows that the blood of an Aphrodite kid sings to her own blood, maybe is a curse, because their parents never really got together. It's a myth, but she knows there is a certain truth to it, that Ares kids are the most affected to the presence of the Aphrodite clan. It's like fate wants to ares to be reunited to his long lost love Aphrodite. 

 

That's why she made a pact to her father to never be together with Jisoo.

 

She doesn't want to be with someone just because it's in her blood, she wants to love someone so wholeheartedly, and give herself to that fire. 

 

But why every single time she is near of Irene, she feels lava coursing through her veins, the thought of pale skin makes her stomach clench, she wants so many things. 

 

That never happened when she was with Jisoo. 

 

With Jisoo she feels peace. She feels the need to protect her older friend, she feels warmer but not in flames like when she is with Irene.

 

Zeus is too unfair, to be honest. Percy Jackson got it easy, he fell for an Athena kid. He got no curse on his blood that makes him desire every single kid of another cabin, he doesn't feel a lot of hormonal things for that cabin, or flashes of what could it be.

 

But Jennie is trying to live with that. And she trained hard to achieve her promise. She told a glance to her friend, and feel the familiar tingle, but it was too dull to want to act on it. She extended a hand and caressed Jisoo's hair, enjoying the feeling. Not wanting to "molest" Jisoo was nice, she just feel affection, innocent affection. 

 

"Jennie? Are you okay?" She heard the voice of Jisoo call her name, but before she could respond, a certain sound make her snap. She pushed Jisoo to the ground, quite harshly, and unlucky enough, she lost her footing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter