The Present Problems

All these feelings...

Tzuyu POV

Late night memories. Late night thought. Late night fantasies. Throughout the whole night I was up sitting and lying on the couch trying to sleep, ending up of just staying up. Every time I close my eyes, your face appeared. Every time I see something, it reminds me of you. I thought I was over you… I thought I would leave my thoughts of you behind. But really, after seeing you again, my heart opened up. It was now 6 a.m. in the morning and I haven't had a wink of sleep. It was the first day back to school already so instead of trying to sleep, I decided to work out. I wore my track suit and settled my sight outside in the morning and started running as soon as I exited the complex. I just jogged and ran around the area and the school, running and maxing my strength as much as possible. As I was running for about an hour, I thought I should start heading back to shower, since my morning classes starts at 9:30. After entering the complex, riding the elevator and reaching my floor, I turned to go straight to my dorm room but I heard a voice call out my name. A name only one person ever called me, a familiar voice.

Sana: C-Chewy! Wait up!

I turned and she ran straight at me not stopping or forgetting to stop.

Tzuyu: Yah!!! you need to stop before we cras-

Too late. She collided into me and I fell back and she fell right in top of me.

Sana: Apoo…  AH- Chewy- OMG IM SORRY I FORGOT TO STOP

Tzuyu: You could've gotten hurt.

Sana: I CAN'T HELP IT!

Tzuyu: sigh...

I pointed at my body and the fact she was still on top of me.

Tzuyu: Get off.

Sana: OH SORRY!

She got up straight right away and I got up shaking off any dust on me. Just as she got up too quickly she started leaning back too far losing her balance. . I lunged my body forward extending my arm out to reach her before she fell.

Tzuyu: Geez…

Sana then stared at me and held on tight to my jacket. Damn it… I pulled her up in a standing position and let her go.

Tzuyu: What is it.

Sana: I- Uhmmm- I-

Tzuyu: If you have nothing to say then I'm going to return to my room.

I turned and left heading straight towards my room but I felt a tug on my jacket. Again… this is twice already.

Sana: I was… I was wondering if we can spend some time together. Maybe get coffee before class

Tzuyu: I don't know if I have time. I plan on taking a shower so it'll take a while.

Sana: That's okay!!! Uhmm… I mean… I can wait for you. If you let me…

Tzuyu: Seriously now… you should forget about the idea since I don't have any money I want to spend right now since I'm saving up. Anyway, I need to go shower now.

I headed towards my room but she tugged on my jacket again.

Tzuyu: You really like to stretch my clothing…

Sana: I- I didn’t mean too… but please… I'll even pay so you don't have to worry. I just want to talk.

Tzuyu: What is there to talk about?

Sana: I… I just thought it would be a good idea since… it's been years since we met...

Really… this isn't going to make things better…As silenced emerged I gave in to talk first.

Tzuyu: Do what you want.

Sana: So… Is that a yes.

Tzuyu: Yeah.

I then walked to my dorm and she followed. It's a bit awkward. I still don't know why I agreed to this… my mouth opened before I finally realized what I said. I chocked and had no idea how to respond to her. I want to decline and refuse but, looking at her… I still couldn't muster the strength to do so. Why am I so weak at these things.

Tzuyu: You can wait in my room. I'll take a quick shower.

Sana: No! No! Take your time.

Tzuyu: JESUS CHRIST HOW CAN I TAKE MY TIME SHOWERING IF-! Ugh… never mind stay still and don't touch any of my stuff it's personal.

Sana: I-I'm sorry…

Tzuyu: This is weird… just wait I'll be back soon.

I hurried to the bathroom after grabbing some random cloths on my bed to go shower, shutting the door behind me right away as I got in. I slouched down against the door and placed my hand over my face. Geez… I was about to explode again… I was about to say…

Tzuyu: I can't even think straight knowing you're in my room…

I quickly rushed and took my shower for about 15 minutes and wore my clothes… only realizing I didn't have a shirt on me.

Tzuyu: Can this get any worse. I should go get it… but…

Meanwhile as Tzuyu is showering

Sana POV:

After realizing last night, I… I wanted to do something to fix this. I wanted to make things right from 4 years ago. I was nervous and didn't know how to approach this. I was just lucky to see her this morning. As I saw her my body and mouth moved without any thought… and what's more surprising is how caring she was, with her old behavior still being the same... I laughed and got up from sitting walking around the room. It was plain and simple light blue room, yet still had a warm feeling. There weren’t any stuffed animals or anything that is reminiscent of her childhood. I then noticed a photo sticking out of here desk drawer. At first glance, the women looked like Chewy but the man also has some characteristic as Chewy as well. I wanted a better look so I extended my arm to reach it. But as I was about to get a better look the photo was snatched from my hands. I turned toward the direction

Tzuyu: That's private.

Sana: Chewy! I'm sorry I -

She then opened the drawer abruptly and shoved the photo in, closing it right away. The sound made me jump. But then I looked closer and she was. Half-… Her body was so toned. Wait… what am I even thinking of… I then noticed may multiple scaring on her skin and how there were various discoloration on her skin. So many injuries… she must hav- But I was then snapped into reality from her sudden and abrupt voice.

Tzuyu: I thought I told you not to touch my stuff.

Sana: I… I…

I felt like crying and tears began to form. Without realizing tears fell. But then I felt a painful flick on my forehead and I looked up.

Sana: OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!?

Tzuyu then looked at me but then hovered her hand up again, I thought she was going to flick me again so I closed my eyes shut, anticipating it to come again. As I squeeze shut my eyes and guarded with my hand up nothing happened and I opened my eyes. And I saw Chewy with her back facing me instead.

Tzuyu: You...always cry when you're in a tight spot huh...Just… Just don't do that again…

I was surprised. Usually if anything like that happened, she would fume up like earlier and in the past. But she just-

Tzuyu: I'm going to change so if you don't mind…

I then turned my head and body around facing the desk instead. I heard rustling and the closet door opening. At that moment, my heart was pounding fast…

-Badump-Badump-Badump-

Sana: I'm just curious… why were you half .

It was an awkward silence and I felt my heart racing even more…

Tzuyu: I forgot my shirt.

Sana: O-Oh…

I looked at her desk more and noticed a phone charm on her wallet. I gave that to her… A long time ago… She still had it?...

Tzuyu: I'm done

I jolted up from my thoughts and turned straight at her. She then walked towards me and leaned closer to me.

Sana: C-Chewy what are you doing.

Tzuyu: Can you move. My wallet it behind you on the desk. My ID is in there so I have to bring it around with me.

Sana: R-Right! s-sorry. I'll wait outside your door.

I moved right away and waited outside shutting the door.

Tzuyu POV:

Tzuyu: Geez… how much more can I keep this up… She's… up to something… this is way different from how she usually is. And what the heck am I even… I don't even understand…

I picked up my wallet and noticed the charm still on it.

Tzuyu: Why… do I still have this…

I took it off and placed it in the drawer making my way out the door finding Sana right in front of it.

Tzuyu: Let's go. I have class at 9:30.

Sana: O-Oh…okay. I know a cafe on campus and my friend owns it.

Tzuyu: Okay.

Sana then lead me to the location. As we were walking I tried to keep a Good distance away from her standing a foot apart from her. We were still walking side by side but somehow, she seems to be getting closer to me from each step we take.

Tzuyu: You're too close.

Sana: O-Oh… Sorry.

She then distanced herself, keeping it that way till we arrived.

As we walked in Sana shouted out loud.

Sana: MOMO!!!!

Then a girl came out and load and behold it was who I expected.

Momo: SANA!!!!

Then she paused and saw me and she became quiet. She stood still out of shock and I didn't want to make it as awkward as it is so I greeted hello.

Tzuyu: Hello. Long time no see.

Momo: L-long time no see…

Sana: Momo owns this place and works here whenever she has time off from school.

Tzuyu: I see.

We got in line to order and decided on what to order, or well I did. Sana was still staring at the menu. I just spoke up first since Momo was waiting still.

Tzuyu: I'll have an Iced Americano.

Momo: What size would you like?

Tzuyu: Just a 16 oz.

I then waited on Sana cause she wanted to pay together but she was still looking at the menu.

Tzuyu: Are you gonna order?

Sana: I-I can't decide… I usually don't drink coffee.

Tzuyu: Than why did you pick a coffee place?

Sana: B-because you like coffee…

I just stared at her because I was shocked she still knew that. I looked at the menu and it was all coffee based. I looked around and noticed a limited offer.

Tzuyu: Momo can I get another Milktea 16 oz. as well. Only 50% sweetness and If you can, make it soymilk instead of regular dairy.

Sana turned and faced me with a shocked face and then turned back facing me.

Sana: You still remembered…I’ll pay for the drinks since I was the one that invited you.

I just stood there quietly and waited. But it took too long. Sana was rustling through her bag and she seemed frazzled.

Sana: I think I left my wallet at my place. I'll run back and get it!

Momo: Geez Sana… well you better hurry. You're just lucky that no one I here yet.

She then started to run but I held her hand so she wouldn't go.

Tzuyu: I'll pay. It's fine. Running back to get a wallet is a waste of time and you don't want Momo to wait.

Sana: No… I Can't let you pay… and the reason why we were here to begin with was because I offered to pay...

Tzuyu: It's fine.

Sana: Bu-

Tzuyu: No buts. You can pay me back later on.  

Sana: Mh-Mhmm…

Sana then left and got a table as I offered to pick up the drinks and pay.

Tzuyu: How much is it?

Momo: It's fine! It's on the hous-

Tzuyu: How much.

Momo: You're still as stubborn huh…

Tzuyu: I don't like owing people.

Momo: Fine Fine.

I paid and then went to the pick-up area to get our drinks. As I waited I saw Sana sitting down at the table looking uncomfortable. A guy went over talking to her and it looks like he's pushing his way towards her.

Sana POV

Boy: Why don't I buy you a drink?

Sana: I-It's Fine. My friend is picking up my drink right now.

Boy: Oh~ come on~ You don't want to spend some time with me?

Sana: C-can you leave me alone please.

Boy: Why don't you give me your number. I'll make sure to give you a good time.

He then put his hand on my shoulder I tried to get it off but he still was touching me.

Boy: Why are you resisting me Sana. You’re like the hottest person here at school

Sana: I don't even know you… but please leave me alone. You're making me uncomfortable…

Just then he touched my face and I really wanted to go away, but he held me in place with his other hand on my shoulder. But all of a sudden, his touch was no longer felt.

Boy: Wha-

Tzuyu: Sorry but you're making her uncomfortable. You needa leave.

Boy: You need to let go you . Who are you to tell me what to d-! Oh you're so pretty, you must be jealous.

Tzuyu: Geez… you're an idiot.

Boy: Can I get y-

Just then Tzuyu stared at him with these eyes. It felt so cold and I felt shivers down my spine looking at her stare.

Tzuyu: Leave.

The boy just squirmed and panicked, running out of the cafe right away, bumping into tables on his way out.

Tzuyu then placed my hot milk tea in front of me, standing there.

Tzuyu: You okay?

I just looked up at her and I felt tears down my eyes. She then reached her hand to my face. And I closed my eyes shut. Nothing happened and I saw Chewy put her hand back down.

Tzuyu: Sorry.

Looking at her I wonder what she did wrong.

Sana: Why… Why are you apologizing for?

Tzuyu was quiet and I don't know why by her eyes were sad. Without realizing I stood up and wrapped my arms around her.

Tzuyu: Wha-

Sana: Thank you…

I then let her go and she sat down drinking her coffee staring out at the window. It was very quiet in between us and I didn't know where to start. Where to begin to make up.

Sana: I…

Tzuyu: Hmm?

Sana: The way you speak has gotten more…

Tzuyu: Civilized?

Sana: M-Mhmm…

Tzuyu: I'm planning in majoring in the health field so I have to fix my speaking habits so it's more suitable.

Sana: I-I see…

It was then quiet again. And I just stared at my drink. Just then Chewy broke the silence.

Tzuyu: What do you want to talk about? You don't really do these things often.

Sana: I… I… I just missed you.

My mouth got dry and I didn't know how to respond. Chewy looked at me with her eyes opened but then looked sad again.

Tzuyu: Why? It's not like we were anything to begin with? Just acquaintances.

Sana: Chewy I-

Tzuyu: You know, I really hate expressing myself but what I want to know now is why you're being this nice to me. Why you're making effort to talk to me and spend time with me. Why say those words when you know it means nothing?

Sana: Chewy you don't understan-

Tzuyu: What don't I understand that's the real question. Do you know how hard it was on me to finally move on from that point?

Sana: I-

Tzuyu: Maybe after just seeing me, you feel sorry or pity me huh? And you want me to forgive you.

Sana: I just want to make things right.

Then a silenced emerge and Tzuyu looked down. She then raised her head up and she had a blank expression.

Tzuyu: You may not know, but I had already forgiven you. The same day you told me, you didn't love me. Only the fact you wanted me to be by your side to protect you.

Sana: That's not what I meant! I-I said that but I was frazzled because I truly meant to say that I liked the feelings of you making me feel safe.

Tzuyu: And I’m fine with that. I don't need any pity. After you graduated or even the years I spent apart from you as much as I could, I had already moved on. I told myself already that I shouldn't make things worse. That one year by myself as you were in college, I did a lot of reflecting and I moved on. Don't feel sad or don't pity me because you can't love me back you assume that I'm still hurt from back then.

Sana: Chewy…

Tzuyu: I loved you enough to let go since I thought it was best. And now I am living my life fine. Fine with the people I have now.

Sana: What do you mean…

Tzuyu: I never told you but I was an orphan at birth and I ran away from home to get away from abuse and I had no one.

Sana: Why didn't you tell me…

So, the photo in her room were of her deceased parents…

Tzuyu: Do you really think I wanted more pity and be looked down upon? I have more pride than that. And I lived and taken care of myself enough to get by, so I'm grateful it what I have. But that's not my point. If I can get through that then everything else should just be a breeze.

Chewy then stood up and I stood up too.

Tzuyu: I had already forgotten about you so you don't have to feel bad for me anymore. Don't try anything and just live your life how you are living. I have no hard feelings and I haven't no anger since then against you.

Sana: Chewy…

Tzuyu started gathering her stuff and faced away from me.

Tzuyu: Don't worry about me. And… Don't call me Chewy. We are only acquaintances. So, nicknames aren't appropriate.

Chewy then started walking but I stood up and wrapped my arms around her.

Tzuyu: Sana… Let go.

Sana: No. -sniff- sniff-

I started tearing up and I hugged her even tighter. Why can't I say anything, why can't I say I love her. Why can't I do that? After hearing all of this, I became speechless and don't know what to do.

Tzuyu: Sana… you really need to let go.

Sana: Don't leave me…

Tzuyu: Why… why are you making things so complicated. I'm confused with what you want. I'm confused of how you tell me to go and now you want me to stay.

Sana: I never told you to go.

Tzuyu: You know what I mean… Just when… Just when I finally moved on… you want to tug onto me and play me like that. I'm confused right now.

Sana: Just be… just be my friend.

Tzuyu POV

Just be my friend’ again… friend. I stood quiet and then placed my hand on her and pried her hand off me. I turned around and saw her tears running down. I reached against her face and wiped the tears away. As I realized what I was doing I drew my hand away.

Tzuyu: You… you're asking for a lot right now.

Sana: I'm sorry.

Tzuyu: I-I-I…

Sana then held my hand and I did my hardest to draw it away but she kept on clenching it harder and harder as I resisted.

Sana: Please…

Tzuyu: You need to let go… you're making a scene.

Sana: Not until you… Not until you give me a chance.

She was asking for the impossible my heart was aching more and more because I became more confused with her actions.

Tzuyu: You know I moved on… and I'm currently happy now with my life.

She then let go of my hand hesitantly and looked down at the ground.

Sana: O-oh… I see. Well I’m sorr-

Tzuyu: I can't be you friend right away… But we can start of as being acquaintances first. Whatever happens… happens.

Sana: Chew- I mean Tzuyu-ssi…

I didn't know how to respond… She smiled straight at me and my heart wouldn't slow down. My mouth moved and talked for me on my own. I honestly don't want anything to do with her but… Why can't I refuse her?…all of toady. my body moved one its own without any thought and I couldn’t help but step in and say all those things because she was there. I’m even more confused of myself and my action than her…  I then just left the cafe and made my way to class but as I left someone grab onto my arm.

Tzuyu: San- Omo… Momo sumbae, did you need anything?

Momo: I-I just want to thank you for taking care of Sana.

Tzuyu: I-I… I just did something that anyone would do.

Momo: Do you still l-

Tzuyu: Sumbae… that's enough.

Momo: What if I told you that San-

Tzuyu: I moved on. Whatever Sana is doing now I'm just happy for her. But I'm done with these childish feelings.

Momo: That's not true… your feelings are what makes you human.

Tzuyu: But at the same time these feelings I had put me in confusion and pain.

Momo: Than are you in love with someone right now?

Tzuyu: If I told you I don't believe in love any more, would you believe me?

Momo: I-

Tzuyu: Just make sure Sana is okay.

Momo: So, I can have her?

I was quiet and then confused.

Tzuyu: What do you mean…

Momo: Like I said… Can I have her? I'll make her happy and promise to make sure she's always okay…

Tzuyu: I didn't know you like her…

I was hesitant but I felt a burning sensation in my chest. Sana and me are not there anymore so why am I feeling this way. I… shouldn't care…

Tzuyu: If I know a good person, I know that it is you… do what you want. You don't need me to say yes or no. I have no right anyways.

I then left to class leaving Sana and Momo behind without hearing anything else and just ignoring everything. Still shocked I entered class and sat down. Why… why does my chest heart.

Sana POV:

After she left I just stood there in tears… I was selfish… too selfish to the point I never knew half the things she told me today back when we were in high school. Every time you walk past my class I saw your stares and I ignored you. I didn't make a move to fix things back then. I sat back down on the chair and saw my drink.

Sana: You still even remember my milk tea order… you paid close attention to me yet I never did the same to you.

Just as I was deep in thought Momo appeared right in front of me.

Sana: Momo…

Momo: Are you okay?

Sana: I hurt her…

Momo then hugged me wiping my tears. She then pulled a chair and sat next to me.

Momo: It's alright.

Sana: NO IT ISN’T!

I fumed in anger, not of Momo but of myself.

Momo: I’m sorry… So, what are you planning to do now?

Sana: I… I don't think I can ask for more… I already put her in pain. So, I might just settle with being friends.

Momo: So, you’re 100% have given up on Tzuyu?...

Sana: I think I have to… I'm just lucky that… she gave me a chance to be back in her life.

A silenced emerged and I felt Momo’s hand on top of mine.

Sana: Momo… What are you doing?

Momo: Sana… I love you… I have always been since we were children. I know I'm not Tzuyu but I will not hurt you.

I was confused and I didn't know what to say.

Sana: Momo…

I thought about it and I flashback to Chewy… how I ruined what I had with her… I don't want to lose Momo as well…

Momo: Sana… I'm serious. Be my girlfriend.

I paused and hesitated, looking away at the opposite direction… I didn’t know what to feel and is now confused if I love Momo in that way…But one things for sure is, I don’t want her to distance from me if I said no…it was already hard with Chewy but to my childhood friend… then I looked back at Momo…

Sana: M-mhmm okay…

Momo then emerged and hugged me tight.

Momo: I LOVE YOU.

Sana: Mhmm…

My heart raced fast but I didn't know why… I felt a pain in my chest… Momo then got up and held my hand and we left for class.


Hello everyone,

Just a short update on this story. I know tis may be a big plot twist but I felt that I needed to add more plot, so adding this situation, i thought would intensify this a bit. This is also from my past experiences as well so it really hit home to me. Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Also a quick update on my other fanfic. I am currently writing it as we speak but it will take while since I want to make sure everything is okay and got the details right, also to match my expectations and satisfaction. So please be patient for that one, but in the mean time I hope you enjoy this.

-Author