Part 6

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul remember when she was 5. Her mom brought her along with her brother go to the hospital to gave a visit to her aunt who just gave a birth. She is not the nosy type, sitting at her spot like a doll and obedient to her parents. While holding her rabbit doll, her eyes were train to a crib across where she was seating.

“You want to see the baby?” she look at her right sight where her uncle look at her lovingly. Well Moonbyul indeed a lovely child with her long dark hair with beret and cute skirt.

“Can I?” She ask innocently.

“Sure, come.” So instead of walking toward the crib, her uncle haul her up and let her sit on his hand and there, she saw a tiny human being she had ever seen in her life.

“Why he is so small uncle?” her uncle chuckles and pinch her cheek.

“because he is still a baby byul-ah. When you were born, you are smaller than him.” That statement making her gasp.

“But I grow. Will he grow? Should we give him water like we water plant?” her uncle chuckle hard. This child.

“No, no honey, he is human, not a plant. We should feed him food like what you usually eat. But now since he is still a baby, we should feed him with milk, understood?” Moonybyul give a small nod while she still looking at the baby who still sleep like, well a baby.

“and byulie, there is another thing that we should feed.”

“What is it uncle?”

“Love.”

-

The moment Moonbyul hear those cries, her mind was pure blank. She didn’t even know what to do when they hand that tiny little creature to her tremble hands. She was so small, so pure and delicate. Moonbyul afraid she will break her. So she quickly hand it to her mother, Youngsun. She then stare at them. It hit her hard. This, right here, right now, this minute, is family. They are family. Her family. She moves closer to them, hold them and kiss them as tears escape from her eyes. she thank Youngsun who finally gave a birth to healthy baby. Now everything is perfect and she will trade anything to protect this moment, forever.

After the all day chaos, the visitation and all shouting to Hyejin and got kick out from hospital, Moonbyul finally back to the mother’s room where she sleep peacefully, exhausted for her long day.

“You have his eyes.” she state as the small baby is now in her stable arms. She is not shaking anymore, earlier she was just too overwhelmed.

“You have her lips.” She gave a gentle on the tiny lips.

“You are perfect.”

“I promise I will give my all to you. You are part of Moon Family now.” She state her and smile. She didn’t know what to feel exactly when another realization hits her earlier. This baby is the last thing that connected her to her brother.

“Byul-ah.” Moonbyul look up and saw Youngsun just woke up from her nap. She walk close and sat beside her, still holding the baby.

“She look so cute.” Moonbyul said while she a gentle pat on the baby bum.

“Yeah and pretty.” Solar scoot closer and rest her head on Moonbyul’s shoulder, checking the baby.

“ung, I wish she didn’t inherit your stupidness.” Moonbyul joke and earn small pinch on her rib.

“YAH!”

“Sttt! Hey the baby is sleep don’t shout. To think about it, we should tone everything down since we have her.”Moonbyul shush the loud mom as she quickly clam her hand over . Solar love this, she look at how Moonbyul’s eyes looks so bright while she hold the baby in her arms. The room was calm, the weather is nice and the three of them here inside her room have bonding time together. It tug her heart a little. It was something she didn’t expect to happen and she can feel the warm spread all over her body.

“So, what are you going to name her?” Moonbyul’s voice pop her bubble mind.

“Me?”

“Yeah you are the mother. She will have us the moon family name, so it’s only fair if you give the name.”Moonbyul tilt her head looking at the mom who look so taken back.

“oh um…I..”

“yah don’t tell me you didn’t think-“

“Yebin.”

“huh?”

“her name is Moon Ye Bin.”Moonbyul look at solar who look at the baby adoring her like she is her universe. She smile before she turn her eyes to the baby inside her embrace.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter