9/?

The Other Boy

                Running a hand through his hair, Henry blew a puff of air as he looked around the room. He woke up mere minutes ago with the feeling someone was watching him. Henry looked at the other two sleeping occupants of the room. This is getting out of control; it’s the third day! I’m losing sleep!  Henry groaned and made his way downstairs to get a glass of water. He was leaning against the island counter, the glass in his hand when he heard someone speak up. “Another nightmare?” he glanced at the door way and found Han Geng propped up against the door, a worried frown gracing his lips.

                Henry smiled weakly and shook his head. Heechul was persistent and after four years, Han Geng surrendered to his advances and they have been dating since (refer to Chapter 1). He moved in not too long ago and just returned from a business trip. No one knew what he worked as though. “No Gege, I felt like I was being watched actually,” Henry stared down into the glass as he observed the ripples from his shaking hands. Han Geng advanced and hugged Henry, smiling warmly. Han Geng reminded Henry of home, even if that was Canada. He was the closest thing he had to having his parents back.

                “Don’t worry Henry; no one is going to get you here. You’re safe,” Han Geng muttered in his hair, giving him a squeeze. Henry looked up when he heard a light switch flick and found Kibum standing at the entrance, hair disheveled, his eyes squinting at the light. “What are you guys doing up? Come on, hyung, you just got back from a trip. Henry, you have school tomorrow,” Kibum muttered, his voice husky with sleep as he ushered the duo out of the kitchen. “Good night hyung, good night Gege,” Henry smiled, closing the door as the other’s bid their good night’s.

                “Henry? Urgh, are you having trouble sleeping again? Come here,” Sungmin mumbled, patting the space beside him after he moved. Henry smiled and jumped into the bed, snuggling up to the elder, ignoring the same feeling of being watched.

~.~

                “Wookie-hyung, Yu Jin, you guys should come over for dinner tonight!” Henry beamed as they sat outside for lunch. Yu Jin and Ryeowook glanced at each other before Ryeowook nodded slightly. “Okay, we’ll do it,” Ryeowook smiled, taking a bite out of his sandwich. “Do what?” Sungmin sits down next to Henry to remove his book bag from his shoulders with a sigh of content at the extra weight lifted. “I invited them over for dinner! Leeteuk-hyung said we should bring people over, which is a mystery to me since we live with so many people,” Henry murmured the last part to himself, but still everyone heard it.

                Ryeowook’s smile faltered when he heard he was only invited because of this man. “Great! I hope you guys won’t mind that Heechul’s…gay and a little more than open about it. His boyfriend, Han Kyung, just came back from some mystery job. They’re great guys though! Heechul’s crazy about him, I seriously wonder if he can live without him. I think Hongki is coming over too! It’ll be more like a party!” Sungmin, too engrossed in the “party”, didn’t notice the way the Kim’s paled a little. Yu Jin glanced at her older brother and he looked to be thinking intently about something.

                “Who’s Heechul?” Yu Jin raised an eyebrow as Henry chuckled awkwardly. “Well, obviously, we’re not really family. Heechul’s one of the adults that lives with us, along with Leeteuk who started the whole family, Han Geng, Kibum, and Kangin. Heechul’s like my mother and Han Geng is like my father. I wouldn’t be able to live without one of them. We’re all kind of one big, happy, insane family,” Henry wrapped his arm around Sungmin, missing the blush on Sungmin’s face as he nodded. Yu Jin smiled thinly as she nodded in understanding, sparing a glance at Ryeowook again before they all continued their lunch.

A/N: This was already posted, but AFF spazzed for everyone, so everyone should know why it came down. I will post Chapter 10 tomorrow. Other than this, you can pretty much ignore this post if you've already read it.