7/?

The Other Boy

                They all stare at him. They stare him like he’s a freak of some sort, like he shouldn’t belong here. He thought they stopped staring at him like that a long time ago, but this incident changed that. He’s shivering as he walks the hallways, like the glares have dropped the temperature to just above freezing. He just wants them to stop or to just run, run away from everything. It’s not like he did anything wrong. How is getting your grandparents murdered and you fainting so horrible that they glare at you? Last time he checked, they should be feeling sympathetic (not that he wanted their sympathy), not disgusted with him.

                Henry feels like he’s going to throw up when he enters the bathroom. He washes his face with water and takes a quick glance in the mirror. His face is pale, his hair ruffled, uniform wrinkled and empty eyes take place of the once content eyes. He’s looking down when a hand is placed on his shoulder. Henry jumps at the coldness of his touch and turns around. He in a breath as he gazes over the boy.

                “Are you okay? You look a little shaken,” the boy asks before letting his hand slip from his grip on Henry’s shoulder. Henry swallows before taking a deep breath and giving a small smile. “I’m fine…”Henry trails off, eyes hinting that he doesn’t have a name to say. The boy realizes this and smiles before jumping a little to adjust the book bag on his shoulder.

                “My name is Kim Ryeowook. I just moved here. I’m in 10thgrade,” this “Ryeowook” sticks his hand out, grinning as Henry shakes it. “Lau Henry. It’s nice to meet you Ryeowook-hyung. We should probably get to class. What do you have next?” Henry asked before leading the way out of the bathroom. “Choir,” Ryeowook smiles at the incline of Henry’s brows. He opens his mouth to speak before getting the breath knocked out of him as someone jumps him from behind.

                “Henli-ah,” a familiar voice calls, giggling before jumping off of his back. Henry groans and grabs the extended hand before hauling himself up. “Sungmin-hyung,” Henry breaths as he tries to focus his eyes. “Oh, who’s this?” Sungmin questions as he notices Ryeowook standing with a concerned expression. “Hyung, this is Ryeowook-hyung. He’s new to school and is actually heading towards your class right now,” Henry answers, grinning as Sungmin’s eyes sparkle at the revelation. “You’re in choir as well?! That’s perfect! Oh, I’m Sungmin, Henry’s brother! Come on or we’re going to be late! That won’t be good for the first day, but don’t worry, Mr. Park LOVES me, so he’ll love you!” Henry can hear Sungmin ramble as he drags the stuttering Ryeowook away, waving and hoping Sungmin doesn’t scare the boy.

                He can’t help but to remember how cold the boy’s touch was and wonder if he stuck his hand in a bag of ice or something of the sort. His skin still tingles from where Ryeowook touched him, his lips lifting in the corners as he remembers the look on Ryeowook’s face whenever he just met him. Someone besides his family actually liked him. Henry walks away with a grin on his face and a slight spring in his step.

~.~

                He watches as he walks-no, skips- away from his spot and starts heading towards his class. He scowls and before putting up his façade. He can’t be asked questions about his sudden mood change, no matter how frustrated he feels. “I will make you mine Henry Lau,” He grins, pivoting and bouncing to his destination. 

 


Ryeowook is introduced! :'D The chapter is pretty short. Screw my inability to make long chapters. T.T ANYWAYS, thanks to darexvyn, skullboy, wookiebear, yuesan, and Michiru097 for commenting. Comment and subscirbe loves? :D