11/?

The Other Boy

This is a background chapter on Hanchul sort of. It'll explain trinkets in the next chapter. I hope you like it!


 

  

“You’re cute,” Heechul smirks at the blushing Chinese man who had just stepped onto the bus.

“谢谢,” the man replies with a bow of his head and makes his way to the back of the bus.

Heechul pouts and closes the doors to the bus. Usually they flirt back. That doesn’t matter, Heechul always liked hard to get anyways. He keeps his eyes on the Chinese man, smirking whenever the male would catch his gaze and turn away before Heechul could catch the blood running to his cheeks. This one would be a lot of fun.

Everyday for the past two months Heechul tries to flirt with the Chinese man, to get his name, but all he does is reply in Chinese.

“We’re in Korea! You have to speak Korean!” Heechul throws his hands in the air in frustration at the man.

“对不起,” he replies just to get on Heechul’s nerves.

Heechul narrows his eyes at the man who blinks innocently at him.

“Are you teasing me?” Heechul raises an eyebrow as the man grins and looks away.

He scoffs at the man and turns his attention back to the road, still keeping a close eye on the man.

 

 

“Say ‘Annyeonghaseyo’!” The man blinks at Heechul which furthers Heechul’s frustration.

On the fifth month, Heechul is on break and dragged the Chinese man to a café.

 “你好,” Heechul scowls at the man and slams his hand down on the table.

The cashier at the counter gives Heechul a stern look, but Heechul just glares at the woman.

 “Say ‘jal jinsseoyo’!”

“你好吗?” Heechul blinks at the man and thinks up a plan.

 “Jeoneun sibchil ssalieyo.”

“我十七岁,” Heechul raises an eyebrow and smiles.

“Jeoneun Kim Heechul ieyo,” Heechul smiles and raises his eyebrow, waiting for the Chinese man to respond.

The male sighs and rolls his eyes.

“我叫Han Geng,” Heechul grins in triumph and pounds his fist in the air.

Han Geng laughs, making his eyes crinkle at the end.

“Let’s call you Han Kyung for your Korean name,” Heechul decides, taking a sip from his hot chocolate.

Han Geng nods and steals Heechul’s hot chocolate, blinking innocently when Heechul scowls.

“ing Chinese man,” Heechul curses under his breath.

“I’m drinking right now, not ing though wouldn’t you like that,” Han Geng responds in perfect Korean, raising an eyebrow at the gaping male.

“You bastard! You’ve known Korean this whole time?!” Heechul exclaims, slamming his hands down on the table.

“Sir!” the woman behind the register barks.

Heechul growls and stands up, grabbing Han Geng’s wrist and pulling him up.

“I’m leaving for my benefit only! You make horrible hot chocolate,” Heechul hisses, throwing away the cup and walking away from the fuming cashier with the blushing Han Geng in tow.

Despite knowing Korean, Han Geng still speaks in only Chinese just to get on Heechul’s nerves. He meets Henry and he plays along, only speaking to Han Geng and Heechul in Chinese until Heechul threatens to break his violin. Heechul watches fondly as the duo talk in Chinese and Han Geng tries to teach Henry self defense when he found out about the bullying. He laughs when Henry accidently hits Han Geng in the face and sends a smirk to the scowling Chinese man.

“I declare Henry my son!” Heechul announces, holding the kid close to his chest after his fit of laughter.

Henry beams and wraps his arms around Heechul’s neck.

“Can Han Geng-gege be爸爸?” Henry’s eyes blink innocently at the blushing Heechul when he catches Han Geng’s smirk.

“That means you’re the 妈妈Heechul,” Han Geng teases, ducking the claw that swings out for his face.

Then for the first time, Han Geng is gone. Heechul spends his days and nights sulking in his bed with a bottle of soju.

“I can’t believe he left me,” Heechul sobs every night, screaming into the air until his throat can’t take it anymore.

Everyone else can do nothing but watch Heechul slowly tear himself apart. Sungmin holds Henry as he blames himself for driving Han Geng away and turning Heechul into a mess.

 Han Geng is gone for a year before he returns with loads of clothes in tow.

“You ing think bringing clothes is going to make me forgive you?!” Heechul screams at him the day he comes back, his head hung low as he takes the verbal beating.

“You ing left me without a clue in the world of what happened and you say ‘I’m sorry’?! Who the do you think you are?!” Heechul grabs Han Geng by the collar of his shirt and pulls him in for a kiss.

One thing leads to another until they find themselves awake in bed the next morning.

“You know this doesn't mean anything right,” Han Geng whispers as he picks up his clothes and pulls them on.

“We aren’t together. I don’t like you like that,” Han Geng lies to both Heechul and himself.

He can’t be with Heechul. He just can’t. He loves him too much for that.

“I know,” Heechul sighs into the pillow.

He wishes the pillow could just eat his face.

He vaguely hears Han Geng leave the room and leave him. He left…again.

“ing Chinese man,” Heechul sneers, throwing his pillow at his bed side table and watches the picture of him and Han Geng fall to the ground and shatter.

He stares and can’t bring himself to care. Tears flee his eyes and he still doesn’t care. Sobs rack his body, his knees pull into his chest and he’s crying into them, but he still doesn’t care. As long as Han Geng doesn’t love him…nothing matters anymore.

~.~

After Han Geng leaves the room, his eyes start to sting and he can feel the flood coming. He sits across from the door and listens as something breaks and Heechul starts crying. His heart is still pounding from the look Heechul had given him last night. He knows that look. Situations like these really make him wish he could go back and slap himself when he accepted the job to join the Heishou. Maybe if it he didn’t…things would be like this. Maybe his first love would be alive, maybe he wouldn’t have vampire mafias after his blood for killing their fellow vampires, but Han Geng can’t get himself to hate the Heishou.

The Heishou has saved him. They rescued him from a vampire invasion in his town and trained him when he was only 5. They made him the best and got him revenge. They got him revenge on the vampires that had killed his entire town, his family. They’ve also been the cause of him meeting his two loves.

First was Kaitong. God, she was an amazing woman. They had met within the facilities, trained together since she had first joined and she was a natural. At age 14, she was one of the top hunters in the company. Female anyways, Han Geng was the top male. She had killed herself when a vampire had transformed her. Those vampires, the ones that had killed his family. The royals they were called because well, they were the royals of the vampire world. The king and queen of the vampire society.

Now, it was Heechul. Han Geng sighs as he thinks about the crying man in the room in front of him. There was no doubt; Han Geng was in love with this man. Every single detail was perfect – his eyes, his lips, his body, his personality, everything! Heechul was as perfect as perfect could get. Any argument was invalid to Han Geng’s ears. Any “proof” they had was nothing in his eyes. He was in love with Heechul and there was nothing else to it.

~.~

Han Geng was welcomed back with small faces being shoved into his pants leg, small arms wrapping themselves around said leg and crying. Whether it was Henry, Heechul or Zhou Mi, someone was crying and it made him despise himself even more. Leeteuk notices Heechul is a bit…off. With the way he had reacted a year ago, he would’ve thought the man would be more ecstatic that Han Geng was back. But Heechul was…lifeless. Even when Han Geng was gone, Heechul wasn’t lifeless. He was full of angry, sadness, anything, but this Heechul…he’s empty.

Heechul catches Leeteuk’s eye and doesn’t even try to smile and pretend everything is okay, because it’s not. Nothing is okay. Leeteuk watches Henry pull Han Geng towards Heechul with a bright smile.

“The family is together again!” Henry grabs both of their hands into his small hold and beams with pure happiness.

Heechul breaks and starts crying hysterically, picking up Henry and hugging him tightly. Henry thinks they’re tears of joy and wraps his tiny arms around his neck and hugs him. Heechul can feel something inside him crack. It hurts. God, it hurts so much.

Time passes and Heechul shows no sign of getting better. True, he actually comes out of the room now and doesn’t drink as much, but it’s still there. Han Geng watches Heechul die a little everyday. His hair starts to fall out due to stress; his eyes are empty, bones protruding and skin paling. He reminds Han Geng of a skeleton. It scares him because skeletons are related to death and right about now…Heechul looks like he could be the next grim reaper. He’s just…empty! Even before, he was full of sadness or remorse, but now he’s lifeless.

“Heechul-ah,” Han Geng peeks into the dark room, squinting to try and find Heechul is the depressing atmosphere.

He can feel it smothering him as if it were to say ‘this is your entire fault. You did this’. He wants to bolt, just run and forget, but he did this, he had to fix it. A groan emits from the pile of sheets on his bed.

“Heechul-ah?” Han Geng cautiously tip-toes over to the bed, carefully avoiding the soju, beer, and wine bottles on the floor.

He tugs back the sheets and lets a sigh drift from his mouth. Heechul is curled up underneath, hugging a wine bottle to his chest. It looks like the wine had spilt onto Heechul and the sheets. Your entire fault~! His mind sings to him and he represses the urge to just bang his head on the wall to make them stop. He knows it’s his fault, but it’s for the best! He drags the tips of his fingers softly across Heechul’s reddened cheek and through his hair. He looks so…vulnerable, so….fragile, like any word could break him. But you’ve already done that, haven’t you?

“Are you okay?” Han Geng whispers, pushing back the hair that fell in front of his face.

Tears flow freely from his eyes as he stares up at Han Geng.

“No. You’re such a .”

Han Geng bites back a smile at the childish comment. Heechul’s drunk, he shouldn’t smile. It’s just…Heechul actually seems back to normal when he’s drunk. Like he didn’t have his heart broken by the male brushing his hair with his fingers, the male that took his first and told him it meant nothing, the male that made his broken heart jump every time he smiled. Han Geng glances at the clock that flashes 2:00 PM in bright red block numbers. It’s only two in the afternoon and he’s drunk.

“We should pick up Henry and go to the park today,” Han Geng suggests, drifting to the curtains and pulling them open.

The bright light blinds both Heechul and Han Geng. The Chinese male turns around the fully takes in what a mess the room was. It seemed as if the floor was made out of empty alcohol bottles and clothes, shards of glass penetrating the wall across from his bed which was in dire need for a sheet changing. Han Geng wrinkles his nose at the smell of rotten food coming from his desk and makes his way back to the bed.

“Why the hell should we do that? It’s not like we’re a family or anything,” Heechul mumbles, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed and lets his hair fall into his face.

Han Geng suppresses a growl and rolls his eyes, walking to the closet and tosses some decent looking clothes that actually smell right.

“No, but you’re supposed to be his hyung so act like it and get your act together. Take a shower, get dressed and we’re leaving in thirty minutes.”

~.~

Heechul watches Henry squeal as Han Geng squeezes him from behind with a fond smile. It’s the first smile in a year. He forgets momentarily why his heart hurts and joins in the fun. Han Geng beams when he notices Heechul making his way over with a smile on his face.

“Room for one more?” Heechul grins at Henry like he’s the prey.

They play tag for a while before Henry falls exhausted, Heechul and Han Geng following. Heechul feels his chest heave up and down from the lack of exercise in the past year. He glances over and see’s Han Geng in a more controlled, less-exhausted state, but the sweat rolling from his forehead down to his chest says otherwise. He his suddenly dry lips and shakes his head. He will get over Han Geng, for Henry. If he’s going to get better, he has to get over the man next to him who is reaching for his hand. Wait…

Heechul tenses as Han Geng slips his hand under Heechul’s and squeezes. Both of their hands are sweaty and now grass stained, but that doesn’t matter after the tingling sensation runs up both of their arms. Heechul sighs and let’s himself fall onto Han Geng’s lap.

“Tired?” Han Geng teases and lies back onto the grass as they watch the darkening sky.

Heechul scowls and pinches his thigh, eliciting a cry from Han Geng. He sighs and roams his eyes around the sky, cursing the time for going so fast. He doesn’t want this to end. It’s too perfect; he wouldn’t be surprised if all this was just a dream, but the thrumming of his head from the alcohol earlier this morning proves wrong.

Heechul jumps slightly when he notices Henry on his hands and knees in front of him, eyes half lidded from just waking up.

“Hyung, can you hold me?” Henry whispers, glancing at the empty space in front of Heechul.

Heechul smiles and pats said space. Henry crawls over and plops his body in front of Heechul, nuzzling his face into Heechul’s chest. Han Geng’s thigh shakes a little from his chuckling before everything falls quiet. It feels so surreal. Watching the sunset while his head is on his lap, Henry curled up against him…like they’re an actual family. Heechul tilts his head up to look at Han Geng. His eyes are closed with a smile gracing his features. Heechul thinks it’s the most beautiful thing in the world.

“The family is together again!”

Yeah, a family…I will make us a family. I will make you love me!

 

 

Han Geng leaves again within a month, but he leaves a note, reassuring of his return. Heechul is surprisingly cheerful this time around. He spends his time with Henry and the rest more than in his room. Every time they ask about it, he responds, “I’ve grown up.”

In private, Heechul plots his strategy for winning Han Geng’s heart. Add Han to Heebum’s name? in Chinese? Heechul immediately throws away that idea when he remembers two members of the household, one including Henry can speak fluent Chinese. Be myself? Heechul sighs and crumbles up the paper, throwing it over his shoulder. That hasn’t been working for over two years now.

Heechul groans and lets his head fall on the desk. How the hell is he going to make Han Geng love him?! It’s ridiculous. Making some love you is like trying to make the world turn. It’s impossible, it just happens! Heechul lifts his head when he hears the door open. It’s two A.M., who is still up?

“Hyung?” It’s Henry.

Heechul raises an eyebrow and pats his lap. Henry scurries over and jumps into Heechul’s lap.

“Why are you still up Henry-ah?”

“I had a nightmare. Can I sleep with you?”

“Aren’t you getting a little too old for this Henry?” Heechul chuckles and runs his hand through Henry’s hair.

Henry, thinking it was rejection, pouted and his lips started to quiver. Heechul sighs and points to the bed.

“Go lay down, I’ll be there in a minute.”

Henry jumps off and races to the bed, settling himself in the middle, only his head poking out the sheets. Heechul changes and turns off his desk lamp.

“Hyung?” Henry calls as Heechul gets in beside him, pulling Henry into his arms.

“Yes Henry?”

“I miss Han-Geng-gege,” he admits in a whisper, his face pressed into Heechul’s chest.

Heechul sighs. It’s been seven months since Han Geng left again. He his hair and presses a kiss to his forehead.

“I do too Henry-ah. I do too.”

 

 

Three months later, Han Geng returns and no one questions what he did or where he was. All that mattered was he was back. Like Henry would say, “the family is together again.” Heechul finally determines himself to get Han Geng to fall in love with him before he leaves again in another year. He tries to cook breakfast, but that goes up in flames. They go on “dates”, but Han Geng brushes off the suggestions or advances. He sings for him, tries seducing him with they are the only ones home which is rare, he tries everything, but that man is “heartless” as Heechul would scream into his pillow at night.

Han Geng watches Heechul storming out the living room with an amused grin. Watching Heechul try is really quite hilarious. He would be lying if he said this was all without an effort. Do you know how many times his lip has busted for the past 2 months? He wonders if he can die from blood loss in the lips. He wants so bad to take on Heechul’s advances, but he can’t. No matter how much he loves him…

 

 

“You’re leaving again?” Heechul whispers from the door way, the unshed tears shining in his eyes.

Han Geng sighs and turns away from his suitcase which lay open on the bed.

“Heechul,” Han Geng murmurs as he gazes on the feminine male.

It all happens so fast. One second, Han Geng is staring at Heechul, the next, Heechul is pressed chest-to-chest with him, his lips attacking his own. Han Geng tries to push back, anything to stop the kiss before something happens, but he feels himself melting into the kiss. Heechul tears away, breathing hard as he stares at Han Geng, the tears flowing freely.

“I love you. God, I love you, please don’t leave me again. Don’t leave me and Henry,” Heechul pulls his wrist over his mouth to cover a sob, but it doesn’t make it any less painful to Han Geng.

Han Geng grabs Heechul by the collar and pulls him in again. Though the rough pull, the kiss is tender; it makes Heechul feels like he’s on clouds. Han Geng pulls back with a sigh and caresses Heechul’s cheek with the back of his hand.

Han Geng chuckles and sighs, turning his head away.

“You have no idea how long I’ve dreamed of doing that…” Han Geng looks down at Heechul as he pulls him into his arms.

“Why didn’t you then?” Heechul smirks, running his finger down Han Geng’s chest.

The Chinese male sighs again and kisses his forehead.

“I’ll tell you in a year.”

“Are you implying you’re coming back?”

“I’ll always come back for you.”

 


 

I don't believe this is as long as the last chapter words wise, but page wise, it is...I think. I'm going to try and make them even longer, but I don't think I'm a good enough writer for that...ANYWAYS, thats the story of Hanchul! Remember, this is in the past, Hanchul is no more sadly. So...you could kind of consider this a one-shot sort of...

Thanks to darexvyn, Michiru097, wookiebear, and skullboy for commenting. Welcome M3IQ1heartSUJU to "The Other Boy"; thank you for commenting and subscribing! ^.^

BTW, does anyone have any suggestions for a new title - god, I hate "The Other Boy". That was what Ryeowook was referred to when I first started this and didn't make changes. That was a way different story. But I would be really thankful!

Bye Loves~!