1/?

The Other Boy

            It had only been a month since Henry had come to Korea and he hated it. He just wanted his parents back, to be back in Canada where people liked him, and there was not a crazy bus driver. His grandparents did not own a car, so Henry had to take the bus to school. His bus driver had a foreigner , could be a diva at times, but was still caring and had told Henry that he was under his wing the first time he saw him. Henry wanted to go back home.

            "Henli-ah, you are back! I have the best story to tell!" his resident ill bus driver, Heechul, grinned at him as he sped through the town, only missing the tails of cars by a couple inches. It was a wonder that Heechul still had the job. He was quite young, maybe 17 or 18. "Hyung, shouldn’t you watch the road?" Henry asked, quivering as Heechul made an abrupt turn.

            "People have eyes; they know to get out of my way. Anyhow, I met the cutest guy ever today! He is your kind!” Heechul grinned, earning a sigh out of the 7 year old. “Hyung, you mean he is Chinese?” Henry asked, raising an eyebrow. “You have lots of sass for a 7 year old. Be quiet and let me finish,” Heechul grinned again before making a stop.

            “His name is Han Geng. He rides the bus every morning, but not night. He IS Chinese and speaks very poor Korean! You are better than him! Maybe you should teach him!” Heechul squawked staring wide eyed at the boy. “Hyung, just how old is this man?” Henry asked, motioning for Heechul to hurry up and get to his stop. The bus driver glared at Henry before turning around in his seat and continuing his morning route. “He may be 18,” Heechul admitted, biting his lip to keep himself from giggling just at the thought of the man.

            “Ah, hyung, isn't that a little young?! Aren't like 20?!” Henry gasped, earning another glare from the diva. “Yah, you Chinese brat! I’m 18 also! I just graduated! He has one more year! I think I’ve taught you too much!” Heechul gasped, almost running a red light. Henry just laughed and waited for his stop, pulling the backpack higher on his shoulder.

 

- - -

 

            Henry doubled over as a blow is sent to his stomach. “Hey foreigner, I thought I told you to do my homework! Aren’t you post to be smart or something?!” the resident bully, Seungho, snapped before kicking the back of his knees, sending him to the concrete. “Because of you, I am embarrassed in front of the whole class!” Seungho yelled, pulling him up by the tie and backhanding his cheek. “I’m sorry; I’ll do it next time!” Henry cried, trying to block the hits as he felt his lip split.

            “There is no next time you rodent! You can not take it back,” he snarled before kicking his stomach, Henry flying onto his back. Seungho stepped on his chest and smirked down at Henry. “Next time I tell you to do something, you do it, hear me?” Seungho grinned as Henry frantically nodded before punching him in the eye. “Hope that bruises,” Seungho growled, throwing Henry back to the ground before strolling off in a calm manner.

            Henry wept until he could pick himself off the ground and hope he did not miss his bus, even if Heechul did drive it too. Henry did not expect any less when Heechul had screamed as he saw the beating. “HENRY, WHAT HAPPENED?!” Heechul screeched, getting up and dragging the kid onto his lap to look at the marks. No one dared to go up and tell the man to get on the move.

            “It’s nothing hyung, start driving,” Henry muttered, embarrassed by the action before Heechul let him sit in the seat behind him, no farther apart. “I can not believe I’ve taught you everything besides standing up for yourself! Why would you let someone do this to you?! Do I have to beat someone up?!” Heechul frowned as he looked in the back mirror to see Henry shake his head.

            “Hyung, I’ve got it under control,” the boy sighed, grabbing his backpack and getting out not his, but Seungho’s homework. Heechul stopped and grabbed the paper. Heechul glanced at it and ripped it up. “It is not your paper, therefore not your problem. You are not doing some bullies paper,” Heechul growled, his eyes telling Henry to try and challenge him. Henry sniffed and sat still until Heechul is done with his route and ready to go home.

            “Come on Chinese brat, let’s go home and fix your face. Umma is not going to like this.” Heechul muttered, grabbing Henry’s hand and his backpack before walking to his apartment. Heechul was right. When the duo got there, their “mother” did have a fit. “Who did this to you?! Do I need to get Sungmin on someone?!” Leeteuk screeched, running around the apartment for a first-aid kit. Sungmin was one kid who lived in the apartment with a lot more. Henry and he were very close, but Sungmin was 2 grades higher, same grade as Seungho he might add. That kid was a karate protégé. “No, Umma, I’m completely fine!” Henry cried, trying to pull away from Heechul’s tight grip.

            “Completely fine, my ! Look at that bruise on your eye! I can not imagine the rest of you! Lift your shirt,” Leeteuk growled once he came into the room. Henry reluctantly lifted his shirt and showed multiple forming bruises that were a sickly green and yellow, sure to turn black and purple. “He’s a seven-year-old! Who the hell would not notice a kid being beat up?! Who the hell is their teacher?!” Leeteuk yelled, ignoring the look Heechul gave him as he ran around for supplies. Henry smiled sadly at the love he was receiving, like a real mother and father.

            Sure, his grandparents loved him, but they had their own problems to attend. Henry was just a bump in the road. “Is Henli sleeping over?!” Sungmin squealed, walking in and seeing his best friend over. “Yes,” Heechul muttered, ignoring the look from Henry and grabbing the phone on the wall to call his grandparents. Sungmin squealed once again and squeezed him in a hug before running to tell his brother.

            “Hyung~!” Henry whined, tugging on Heechul’s coat only to have his hand slapped. “Chinese brat! Hi Mr. and Mrs. Lau! I was wondering if it was okay if Henry was to stay here for the night. Wait, what...ah, I’ll get Leeteuk. Okay,” Heechul murmured, pressing the phone to his chest and calling Leeteuk over. Henry looked on curiously as Heechul whispered to Leeteuk, occasionally glancing over at Henry.

            Leeteuk nodded and took the phone. “Hello Mr. and Mrs. Lau! Is everything okay? Um, isn’t this a little early? Yes, I’m sorry. Okay. It is not a problem. Bye,” Leeteuk sighed, hanging up and glancing at Henry before grabbing a set of keys off the table. “Hyung, what’s wrong?” Henry whimpered, tugging on Leeteuk’s sleeve. Leeteuk sighed and picked Henry up before giving a sad smile. “You are going to be living here from now on,” Leeteuk explained, watching warily for his reaction.

            Henry remained quiet from the shock of the situation. Why was he leaving his only family? Why?! It was the only question that would run through his head at the moment. Why would they leave me?! Why would they just give me away?! Don’t they love me?! He had not realized he was crying until Leeteuk’s thumb was softly brushing underneath his eyes.

            “Are you that sad about joining us?” Leeteuk joked sadly, and it only brought more sobs to the boy. “Why doesn’t anyone want me?! My parent’s left me and now my grandparents! You are just going to leave me too~!” Henry wailed being the kid he was. Instead of pushing away from Leeteuk, he wrapped his arms around his neck and cried into his neck. “Don’t leave me too hyung, please do not leave,” Henry sobbed, hiccupping once in a while.

            It broke Leeteuk’s heart to hear those words uttered from a mere seven year old. So young and he had been left enough to cause this reaction. Leeteuk merely patted his back and tried to sooth the petrified boy. “Don’t worry Henli-ah, I will not leave you. I promise.” 


A/N: It'll get better, I promise. Just stay with me. Anyways, comment anything good, bad, recommend, subscribe. I hope you like at least it a little. Thanks to Joonieboo, RavenUchiha, yuesan and akmanafeera91 for subscribing and akmanafeera91 for commenting! ^.^