3/?

The Other Boy

Due to the chapter before being short, I'm posting early and again on Friday like normal! I hope you like it! <333


            To say the least, Heechul was worried for Henry’s sanity when Henry told him that he had been “talking to the boy that lived there”. No one had lived there since the murder of the Kim family and the city had never gotten around to destroying it (not that they could since it was a historical site as well as a crime site since the murder was still a mystery). In fact, they didn’t even know if it was a murder. Just suddenly, the Kim’s went missing and they never were found so everyone assumed murder and the dumping of the body somewhere.

            Henry tried to ignore the looks Heechul gave him, ignore Heechul as whole when he was treating him like an insane person who he has to deal with, but taking him to the hospital was crossing the line. “Hyung, let go of me! I’m perfectly fine!” Henry shrieked, clawing at the floor as Heechul gripped both legs and was dragging him out of the room. “You’re talking to people who aren’t there, that’s not normal!” Heechul yelled back, yelping as Henry accidently kicked his shin. “Hyung, it’s perfectly normal for a child to have an imaginary friend,” their dorm mate, Kibum sighed from behind a book, pushing the glasses up on the bridge of his nose.

            Heechul glared at Kibum before huffing and letting the boy go. “Didn’t you have an imaginary friend as a kid hyung?” Kibum asked, setting the book down when Henry came running for him. “All I needed was my mirror and my face. Everyone else was too scared to approach me,” Heechul mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest and flipping his hair back. Kibum rolled his eyes and smiled gently as Henry slowly let go of Kibum.

            “What is your friend’s name Henry?” Kibum asked, raising an eyebrow as Heechul settled down in a chair across from the duo. Henry pursed his lips in thought. The boy hadn’t given him a name; just that he needed to see him and his Dad was going to be mad at him. Should he make up a name just so that Heechul wouldn’t deem him as crazy again? “His name is Nathan,” Henry shyly announced, hiding his face in Kibum’s chest. “What kind of name is Nathan? It’s not even Chinese!” Heechul scoffed, scrunching his nose up at Kibum when he glared at the diva.

            “I’m from Canada hyung, not China. English was my first language,” Henry filled him in. Heechul stared blankly before getting up, muttering something about smarts and peoples butts. Henry didn’t know so he just smiled at Kibum before jumping off the man’s lap and running into his shared room with Sungmin and a kid named Kyuhyun. When Sungmin found out Henry wasn’t just sleeping over, but living with them, he immediately demanded Henry to sleep in his room. To say the least, Sungmin had a fit when he saw the bruises on Henry when he had taken off his shirt.

            One thing led to the next and Seungho’s face had met Sungmin’s heel and now Henry’s stomach had more appointments with Seungho’s fist. Think of his fist like a doctor, except it hurts more than makes things better. When Henry asked why Sungmin had done it, his reply was “Family stick together”. Henry bawled a river. When he said that, it made him think of his grandparents. He decided to check on them every day, as long as having a sliver of hope to see the boy again.

            Henry continued this for the next eight years, even when he had his daily appointments with Dr. Seungho. Never once did he see the boy. “Henry-ah, you have grown up. That boy is not there anymore!” Sungmin sighed as he walked beside Henry on the sidewalk, the mansion now in view. “Sungmin-hyung, he was not an imaginary friend! He is real! I thought you believed me!” Henry pouted, glancing back to make sure he was still there. Sungmin sighed and rested a hand on his shoulder. Henry had told Sungmin when the boy had followed him one afternoon after Henry declined to go and eat with him and some friends. Henry NEVER gave up eating for something else.

            “Maybe he moved and that is why he wanted to see you,” Sungmin suggested, smiling slightly when Henry stopped walking and looked back at him. “Is there a reason you keep trying to get me to stop looking for him hyung?” Henry narrowed his eyes at Sungmin as Sungmin nervously laughed, shaking his head. “Ah,” Sungmin coughed, “I am just looking on the real side. You have not seen him in eight years and I think it is getting a little scary. You are like a robot. It is not healthy Henry, obsessing over him,” Sungmin half lied, half told the truth. “If you do not like it then why did you come?” Henry snapped, walking again. Sungmin sighed and went to grab Henry’s wrist. “Henry, do not get me wrong, please. I am just looking out for you,” Sungmin looked desperate and it broke Henry’s heart.

            “Just go home Sungmin,” Henry sighed, yanking his wrist out of his grasp. Henry ran, Sungmin hot on his trail yelling for his understanding. Sungmin slowed down as they neared the house, watching Henry run into the elder’s house. Sungmin groaned and slapped his head. “Stupid,” Sungmin growled, slapping his forehead again. He went to turn and walk away until he heard his scream. That was Henry’s scream, Sungmin realized. Sungmin bolted for the house, kicking the door down and gaping at the scene. “Henry, get out,” Sungmin snapped, walking forward and grapping a phone. Henry stood, his feet nailed to the carpet.

            “Henry, LEAVE!” Sungmin yelled, pushing the younger out as he made a call. Henry felt like he was going to puke on the floor if he stayed any longer and sat on the sidewalk. His head was swimming and everything seemed hypersensitive. He could hear every word Sungmin spoke in the house. “I need police here. This is a report of a murder.”


Soooo, this is pretty short too. Really, they're all two pages. /pouts I'm not that great of a writer yet. Thanks to emodedfish, Ai_Dami, darexvyn, and nightsky for subscribing then Joonieboo and Ai_Dami for commenting! <33 Leave responses please loves!