4/?

The Other Boy

            “He fainted I think. He just lay on the ground when I came outside. It was so horrific hyung! I have never seen anything like that before!” Sungmin breathed through his mouth, trying NOT to vomit. He could not get the images out of his head. Seeing the ruthless murder of Henry’s grandparent’s murder was burned into his memory. If he did not know better, he would have thought something inhumane had done it. There was blood on every inch of the floor which Sungmin thought there should not have been that much blood in such scrawny figures. It was brushed on the wall like a child finger painting. Either the murderer had done it for fun or his grandparent’s did it while clawing at the wall for their lives. Both made sense to Sungmin.

            “Aish, okay Sungmin, just hang in there okay? Henry is going to be okay, just in shock for a while maybe. Heechul and I will go to the police for any information. You stay with Henry,” Leeteuk ordered softly as he watched Heechul run like a chicken with its head cut off. Heechul had not taken kindly to the news and had ended up scaring the kids that lived with them, watching Kibum pin Heechul to the floor as he writhed, urging to punch something. He ended up crying like no tomorrow. Now he was trying to gather everything to leave all the while calming the kids down from their scared state.

            “Okay hyung. I will see you later,” Sungmin hyung up and headed back to Henry’s room. He was frightened out of his wits when he saw Henry fall on the ground to later realize that he had fainted. The neighbors had stood around in shock as the police came in and Sungmin felt disgusted, thinking who could have done this crime. They had to break Sungmin out of his thoughts, asking if he wanted to ride in the back of the ambulance to check on Henry’s stats.

            Instead of going straight to Henry’s room, he stopped by the gift shop and also the little café next to it. Maybe a hot chocolate and a muffin would calm him down before entering the room. He did not need to scare Henry anymore than he already is. Thanking the worker as she brought the muffin and hot drink, he slowly starting picking at the muffin, popping tiny pieces into his mouth. What would have happened if the murderer was still in there? The question was slowly creeping into Sungmin’s mind. There was no saying what could have happened. Henry would probably have a limb missing.

            Sungmin shuddered and pushed that thought out of his head and looked around the café. There were normal people who were visiting the sickly or injured then there were the sick and hurt stretching their legs after being stuck in the bed for who knows how long. The workers gave off their bright smiles and hurried to get their orders out as quickly as possible but making sure it was not sloppily done. Sungmin smiled that something as horrible as a hospital could have such a cheerful atmosphere. It actually seemed to calm him down.

            Finishing off his muffin, Sungmin continued to wonder in the hospital, delaying the trip to see his brother. He wasn’t ready for the sight. His ears picked up the sound of a piano playing. “Who could play in a hospital?” Sungmin thought, quickly following the sound. It grew louder and more beautiful with each step he took. More emotional and he could practically feel the power behind it. Finally, he stood at the entrance of a room with a kid playing a portable piano in the bed. By the looks of it, she was most likely doing chemo. Sungmin smiled and watched the girl play, hope bubbling up inside of him.

 

-

 

            By the time Leeteuk and Heechul had gotten there, there was a crowd trying to figure out what happened to the elders. Heechul pushed people out of his way, Leeteuk following behind, apologizing to everyone. “Sir, you can not go in,” a police officer sighed, tired of pushing people back, already having a photographer sneak in. “Those are my grandparents! What happened?!” Heechul lied, straining his hands by his side in order not to grab the man by the throat. He did not need to get arrested after this had happened. Leeteuk blinked as Heechul acted out as the frantic grandchild. “I am sorry to say your grandparents have been killed. They were dead only by fifteen minutes. We got the call maybe five minutes after they died. Whoever called was really lucky the killer was not still in there,” the man informed Heechul who was too shocked to answer. Sungmin and Henry could have been killed!

            Leeteuk pulled Heechul back a little before stepping up to the man. “How were they killed?” Leeteuk asked, bracing himself for the results. The man looked around before speaking in a low voice. “The police are suggesting a cannibal, but there was no sign of eating, just bite marks around where they ripped the limb off, like they were drinking from it. I don’t know if you want to see it, it’s pretty gruesome. Signs show that they were still alive when the limbs were ripped off and notice I said ripped, not cut. Someone did this with their own hands,” the man shuddered, giving a sympathetic looks to Heechul who ended up throwing up in a garbage can, but the smell only seemed to make it worse.

            Leeteuk swallowed dryly before thanking the man and going to pull Heechul’s hair back from his face. “How the hell are we suppose to tell Henry that?! Who in their ing right mind could do that anyways?! Leeteuk, they could have been drank from too! FIVE ING MINUTES! It would have changed everything! They could have died!” Heechul sobbed as he sank down against the garbage can. Leeteuk glanced around as people stared at him, the man who they had talked to earlier was looking regretful. “Heechul, this isn’t going to do us any good. We have to be strong for those two with them already being freaked out. They have seen it Chullie, we have not,” Leeteuk reminded the younger as he cradled him in his lap.

            Heechul hiccupped before looking up at Leeteuk with a tear stained face. “Do you think Henry saw the killer? Didn’t Sungmin say he was in the house for like a minute before Sungmin?” Heechul asked with a worried expression. Leeteuk shook his head and sighed, brushing his hair with his fingers. “I do not know Chullie. Hopefully he did not, but there is a possibility. Let us get to the hospital in case Henry wakes up soon. Maybe he has already woken up,” Leeteuk smiled slightly and helped him up. “You should be an actor,” Leeteuk chuckled, smiling as Heechul laughed too. They walked to the car and Heechul caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror.

            “Oh God, I look horrible! Where is my make up?! I can not go to a hospital like this!” Heechul screeched, throwing everything out the glove compartment for his make up bag. Leeteuk laughed and shook his head, starting the car and driving towards the hospital.

 

-

 

            Sungmin was finally ready to go back to Henry’s room. He was not going to freak out when he sees Henry on the bed. He was going to be strong for his brother and make sure he is alright. Sungmin pushed the button on the elevator and could not help but tap his foot, anxious to see Henry. A sudden chill blew through the air causing Sungmin to wrap his arms around himself. He looked around and saw no cause of the wind. “Maybe it was just the air conditioning,” Sungmin mused, but he knew it did not make sense. It was already late fall, it should have been warm air blowing.

            Sungmin entered the elevator, bowing to the doctors before he pressed the right floor. He had an uneasy feeling as he stepped off, getting closer and closer to Henry’s room. Getting a glance inside as he neared, he noticed someone in there. They did not have their uniform on if they worked here. Sungmin hurried inside, eyes widening as he saw the teen(?) next to Henry. “Hey, what do you think you are doing?!” Sungmin growled, marching over to grab the man’s hand that hovered over Henry’s body. The man pushed Sungmin into the wall and raced to the window. Sungmin groaned and opened his eyes, gasping as he saw the man jump off the edge of the window. Sungmin rushed over, but when he looked, no one was there.


A/N: Here you go~! Well, Henry's grandparents are dead and someone "attacked" Sungmin and Henry. Thanks to Michiru097 for commenting. Ah, comment and subscribe loves. <333