15/?

The Other Boy

Wow, this is LONG overdue. I'm sorry loves! I am such a procrastinator. I really don't like how this chapter came out. But it's something.

Just a recap so you guys don't have to read the last chapter: Ryeowook and Yu Jin were out for food, Ryeowook forced Yu Jin to go after a girl who we find out is Nana. Yu Jin falls in love at first sight, Ryeowook decides to move because of that and making sure he doesn't hurt Henry anymore. Henry is kinda lost without him and its a couple weeks later he meets a girl named Jin Ah and her brother Jung Mo. If any of you are After School fans, you should know who the girls are. ;) Here's the next chapter!


                Henry breaths in deeply, the smell of old, polished wood invading his senses the second he enters the room. He lets a small smile play on his lips as the soft click of the door tells him he is by himself. His eyes scan the room in familiarity at the variety of instruments lining the wall, begging to be played by himself or another student. He walks past the instruments to the lone stand in the corner of the room and carefully sets his backpack down before kneeling down and opening his own violin case. Henry curses lightly as his music sheets flow out the case like an avalanche. His hands skim over the sheets as he reads them over, pausing on a couple familiar pieces.

                A faint smile fights its way on Henry’s face as he gazes over a particular sheet of music. “One Fine Spring Day,” Henry murmurs, chuckling as he remembers Ryeowook singing the piece for him during lunch one day. Ryeowook had given him a copy so he could learn how to play it on the violin and play while he sings. Henry grabs the piece and stands up, violin and bow in hand. He plays a couple random notes, tuning the violin before smiling and fixing his position. He swiftly moves the bow, fingers flying over the strings. He smiles and closes his eyes, losing himself in the feeling as he gently sways to the music.

                Henry sighs, his memory flashing through the times with Ryeowook. Its ridiculous how much Henry thought about a single man, how much this man affects him emotionally. Besides, it has only been a couple weeks since he disappeared. Also add the fact that they’ve known each other for a couple months. Ryeowook should mean nothing to him, yet…he means everything. Henry abruptly halts, the bow skidding on the strings roughly as he double takes. Ryeowook…means everything to him? Henry laughs at the thought. He and Ryeowook were merely…friends. Just basic level friends. And the only one bothering to try and be your friend, Henry harshly reminds himself as he starts back up again.

                Henry bites his lip, not liking the thought of someone getting close to him anymore. What’s the point right? They’re just going to die. First his parents, then his grandparents, then Han Geng. The tears unconsciously well up in his eyes, begging to be released. Henry rapidly blinked, willing the tears away as he continued. The room remains still, Henry’s violin filling the air. Henry sighs and wishes Ryeowook could sing to him like he did that lunch. He undeniably misses the sound of Ryeowook’s high-pitched voice serenading him. Henry racks his brain, trying to remember the lyrics to Ryeowook’s song. How did it go?

                “Aju meolli, aju meoli, geudage inayo,” Henry smiles contently, swaying slightly. As he begins to sing the next line, his breath catches at the familiar pitch, fingers faltering as he swings around. “Sashil nan geudaega maeil geuri unde.” “RYEOWOOK?!” Henry yells, frantically searching for anything that could resemble the older male. “How about a Jungmo?” Henry swings around and finds the guy from that morning, Jin-Ah’s brother. Henry breaths out, placing a hand on his frantically beating heart. “That wasn’t you singing was it?” Henry asks quietly, eyeing the male with hope. Jungmo smiles apologetically and shakes his head as he enters the room fully and closes the door. “I’m not that great of a singer, but I play a mean electric guitar,” Jungmo grins at the chuckle escaping Henry’s lips.

                “Not to be rude, but why are you here?” Henry asks, sitting down on the piano bench before inviting Jungmo to sit next to him. Jungmo smiles before taking his place beside the boy. “Jin-Ah isn’t in this lunch and I don’t really have any friends yet so I didn’t want to sit in the cafeteria. Like I said before, I play electric guitar and wanted to practice. I heard you yell and thought something had happened and here I am,” Jungmo swings his arms out, indicating to the music room. Henry smiles and sighs, closing his eyes warily. “Sorry…I thought I heard a friend of mine singing. He’s been missing for a couple weeks. But you shouldn’t worry about that. Come on, I should introduce you to my family so you have friends,” Henry smiles, grabbing Jungmo’s wrist instinctively. Henry pulls back at the cold temperature. It reminds him of when he first met Ryeowook – how cold his hands had been when they touched.

                As they walk out the practice room, locking it behind them, Henry takes his time to finally study Jungmo’s features. . He wasn’t too tall, but taller than Henry. His body was slim, no sign of any fat on him. His hair was red and straight, sweeping across his forehead. Henry’s eyes swept over his features until they landed on his eyes. Henry stifled a gasp as Jungmo stared back. His eyes were a cold brown that pulled him in and the breath out of his lungs. Jungmo smiled and nodded towards the double doors that led to the mess they called a cafeteria. Henry swallows before he leads Jungmo into the crowded area. He can feel the piercing gaze on his back and can’t help but think of the sleepless nights he spent thinking someone was watching him from his window. Thinking about the cold eyes…they held familiarity in them, like he was supposed to know them.

                Henry shook his head and headed towards his table, Jungmo following behind. Henry can hear the murmuring of other students as they took in Jungmo. Henry scowled and pulled Jungmo closer by his wrist. Jungmo raised an eyebrow, smiling in amusement but said nothing else. “Henli-ah~!” Henry smiled as Sungmin jumped up, waving his arms for him to hurry up. Sungmin smiled sweetly before finally noticing the man Henry had in his grasp. “Guys,” Henry called as he stood at the head of the table, Jungmo standing stiffly behind him. “Hyungs, this is Jungmo! Jungmo-hyung, this is my family!” Henry splayed his arm out to the entire table. Jungmo’s eyes grew wide, the table chuckling at the reaction. “The whole table?!” Jungmo gaped, his eyes scanning the table. There were at least… eight men there.

                Henry laughed, clapping Jungmo on the back as he sat down next to Sungmin, much to his delight. “The more, the merrier, now sit down,” Henry insisted, patting the space next to himself. Everyone stared curiously as Jungmo awkwardly sat down next to Henry, his legs stretched out to the side. Even though he wasn’t that tall, his legs were still too long. “So, Jungmo-shi, where are you moving from?” Sungmin spoke from around Henry, raising an eyebrow. “My parents move around a lot. We just came back from Canada,” Jungmo answered, smoothing out his jean nervously. “OH! OH! Henli’s from Canada!” Donghae bounces in excitement only to be shoved down by Siwon and have Eunhyuk shovel food into his mouth. Jungmo raised an eyebrow at Henry, smiling before asking Henry if it was true in English. Henry nods eagerly, happy he now has someone to talk to in English.

                Sungmin pouts as he tries to keep up with the conversation Henry and Jungmo have in rapid English, only to have his head throb in frustration. He looks up when he feels a foot nudge his leg. Kyuhyun is looking at him with a faint smile on his face which Sungmin beams in return, engaging in a game of footsies with the younger. Kyuhyun’s smile turns brighter as he notices Sungmin forget about the newcomer and Henry. “Guys, you aren’t in Canada. Speak in Korean, you’re giving me a headache,” Shindong grinds out, pushing a fork full of pumpkin cake in his mouth. Sungmin grins and snatches the cake when Shindong closes his eyes in bliss.

                “Oh! How are you getting around school?” Henry asks, laughing at the bewildered Shindong when he finds that half of his cake is missing. “I had a tour before I came here. My parents wanted to check out the school before I actually came here,” Jungmo explains with a smile as Sungmin smiles innocently and looks away, his cheeks still full. Shindong is about to speak before the bell rings. Henry stands up and picks up both of their trays before ushering the older out. Despite having his family and Jungmo around, he still can’t get the music room incident out of his head. Henry sighs, wishing Ryeowook would just come back before heading off to his class.

~.~

                “Oppa, why don’t we just go back,” Yu-Jin murmurs while she rubs soothing circles on his back. Ryeowook bites his lip and shakes his head. No matter how much he wants to jump through that window and tackle Henry with hugs, he can’t. He doesn’t want to hurt Henry any more, he doesn’t want to lie, keep secrets from him, and put him in potential danger. Ryeowook the window longingly as he stared at the boy playing the violin. He knew the piece all too well. It was his song after all. Yu Jin sighed and watched as Ryeowook continued to torture himself.

                She would be a fool not to know the extinct of his love. How he had watched Henry at night to make sure he was safe and how he would come home frustrated because he couldn’t touch him. She made him stop after the first time out of worry. If the first one had this effect on him, what would all the others do? She couldn’t allow that. But now, he was doing it again and she couldn’t stop him, even if she wanted to. She watched helplessly as Ryeowook soundlessly tapped his fingers against the window to the melody.

                Yu Jin smiles when she hears Henry sing, He wasn’t as good as Ryeowook, but his voice was soft and soothing. Her eyes widen when Ryeowook starts to sing. She tackles him down, out of sight before Henry could whip around and see them at the window. “What were you thinking?!” she hisses in his face, scrambling back up to peek into the window. Her eyebrows furrow when she sees Henry talking. Someone must be by the door, she guesses. She glances at Ryeowook who is still lying on his back, staring at the sky with a glazed look over his eyes. Silent tears drip down the side of his face into his hair.

                Yu Jin coos as she pulls Ryeowook into her and rocks him as he sniffles. “I don’t understand why you do this Ryeowook,” Yu Jin whispers, knowing he could hear her. Ryeowook takes a deep breath and shrugs. He doesn’t know either. Ryeowook peers into the window, his eyes narrowing when he sees a man sitting with Henry on the piano bench. “I’ve never seen him before,” Ryeowook mutters to himself, scrutinizing the man. Yu Jin looks as well with a raised eyebrow. “You have competition,” Yu Jin giggles as Henry grabs his wrist. Ryeowook watches as Henry quickly pulls back, eyes wide.

                “He’s trouble,” Ryeowook mutters, watching as they disappear beneath him. Yu Jin looks back at Ryeowook, stifling a giggle with the back of her hand. “You’re just jealous,” Yu Jin snickers, earning a pout from the male. “I’m serious Jinnie, I don’t like the looks of that man…” Ryeowook trails off. Yu Jin watches as emotions play across his face like a movie on fast forward. He finally settles on determination. “We’re coming back,” Ryeowook announces. Yu Jin doesn’t have time to ask as Ryeowook jumps from the school roof top and walks away.


That's chapter 15! ^.^ I hope it wasn't too terrible. I'm sorry for the wait.

So we have...friends Henmo, subtle one sided Kyumin, and a jealous Ryeowook! Oh the drama to come! :D

Thank you to anyone who commented and subscribed, I love you guys seriously. Enjoy!