Consequences

Suburbia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having them moving around this frantically has Hongbin biting absentmindedly in his nails. Specially with how consternated Jaehwan looks.

“No drifts, I need a stable hand to make the incision.”

“I'll do what I can.” Wonshik says, not so sure of himself.

“Don't pressure him either, he needs a clear head.” Hakyeon chides. “Is the car ready? Do we have his schedule?”

“Yes.” Junhong says from the point on his ears. “Gonna send it to the car along with the map.”

“Thanks.” Wonshik smiles.

“You wait here Hongbinnie, I need to synthesize a serum for me, for pain.” Hakyeon asks him, suddenly and invasively grabbing a hold of his hand. Hongbin is too fazed to say anything about that.

“This isn't my area of expertise, but I'll see what I can do.”  

“Thank you.” He pushes the receiver into his ears and walks into the car with Wonshik and Jaehwan. Hongbin's blood runs a little cold.

“Be careful.” Hongbin tells them, a certain feeling of impotence washing over him.

Followed by guilt.

And then fear.

He tries to breathe, if he fails he will just take a shot of one of those stabilizers people consume in the form of gum. Hongbin is a little against using the medication suggested by the Federation, but at times he has to accept they are a little useful.

He rubs his hands together, awkwardly trying to accept kidnapping Taekwoon as a reality after all this.

So he sits down and gets up and paces around so much his knees start hurting and Himchan from a corner asks him if he wants to take something to ease his brain some. They have some choices for suppressants he can use to handle the stress.

He is too distracted with the red dot blinking of the map projected on that large screen to mind him, mind anything at all.

But the hours don't melt away.

And Hongbin bites his nails into stubs.

Until an alarm sounds and Hongbin snaps out of his own brain.

How much time has passed outside his own brain? His red raw nails speak of hours but it may be less. The sound of Wonshik’s awfully collected voice comes through the speakers.

“I need routes. Who's navigating us?”

From the other side of the room, Hongbin can hear Junhong type furiously on the keyboard. “Next left, twice. I need you into the tunnels. It’s under construction you can dispose of the car there. We handle the rest but you’ll need to make the rest of the travessy on your own.”

“Will do.”

“The hell will do, I need a stabilizer to put him out of shock. I don’t want his heart giving out.”

“I’m afraid we don’t have many options. Do we have a reanimation room?”

“Yes.” Himchan tell him for Yongguk is too busy glitching out security cameras and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter