Forgiven

Vaguely Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was sitting in the waiting room of the studio, for his next student hasn’t yet arrived. His consciousness traveled to the hot topic in his brain for the last 1 week, Soojung’s appearance in his dream. No wonder he felt so familiar with the female’s smile, it was Soojung’s. He sighed. What does Soojung have to do with all of these? he thought.

He would be lying if he said he wasn’t curious about the reason of Soojung and Seungwan’s broken relationship. From Seungwan’s story, the Jung girl wasn’t a bad person at all. He wondered what had happened in the past that his girlfriend loathed her so much.

And about the secret Seungwan and Jongin kept from him. Geez, the thought of Seungwan hiding something from him disturbed him more than it should. Let alone the fact that she teamed up with Jongin to prevent him from knowing the truth.

No, it wasn’t that he accused her for cheating behind his back. No. Or was it?

Soojung’s piercing words on their first meeting rang in his ears. Seungwan cheated with Jongin. Seungwan thought she was slick. Seungwan was very overprotective when she was the one who need to be watched 24/7.

“Aaaaargh!” he groaned, ruffling his own hair in a frustrated manner. He hated this feeling of not knowing anything that he had to leave it all to his imagination, which was also not a good idea.

“What the heck” a voice interrupted his chain of thoughts. Searching for the owner, he found Sehun, who was already sitting beside him without him knowing.

Chanyeol sighed. “Sorry, Hun” he crossed his arms in front of his chest. Sehun’s eyes followed his every move and he knew it. He waited for him to open his mouth.

“You know you can tell me anything, hyung” said the younger man. It was Chanyeol’s turn to eye him. Sehun noticed his gaze and looked up to the ceiling. “Well... You’ve been kind of off lately. Everyone’s actually worried, you know”

Chanyeol swallowed a lump of saliva, registering Sehun’s last sentence. Geez, is making everybody worried my thing now? he thought. However, a small warm feeling crept into his heart, knowing that the boys were concerned about him.

“Hun” he called out. Sehun lightly raised his eyebrows, showing that he did pay attention to what the other man said. “Have you ever dreamt about another girl that is not Jennie?”

“Yes, of course” the called one briefly answered. “I dreamt of Miranda Kerr. Actually I’ve never dreamt of Jen, I’ve had enough of her in the real life. I don’t need another witch to disturb my sleep”

Chanyeol chuckled at his rant. Sehun often tell him about how annoying his fussy girlfriend was, but he knew that Sehun loved her the same, if not more. He didn’t know how the older man admired his never- fading love for Jennie.

“What would you do if someday Jennie cheat on you?” he blurted out.

Sehun slowly turned his head towards him, lips parting and eyebrows furrowed as a response. This hyung of his had surely gone through a lot.

“Hyung…” he lowly whispered. Chanyeol was smiling, and it hurt him even more. The smile was so fake Sehun wanted to hug him that instant. “Is… Is Seungwan cheating on you, hyung?” he carefully asked.

Chanyeol forcefully chortled. “I don’t know”

Sehun went silent. So this was all about Seungwan.

“H—hyung” he stuttered. Sehun had never thought about Jennie being with another person that wasn’t him. He was sure Chanyeol did too, but was presented with the bitter truth. “I honestly have never thought of Jennie cheating on me… But if—if Seungwan did, I’m sure… I’m sure she has her own reason, hyung… We all know how she loves you so much…”

The older man went back to his thoughts with Sehun’s words lingering in his mind. Everyone knew how she loved me so much.

_____________________________

 

It was raining heavily when Chanyeol arrived at the train station near his apartment. He didn’t bring his umbrella with him, so he had to run past the fat drops of water falling from the sky. No, he didn’t want to wait for the rain to stop. He just didn’t feel like it.

Drenched did he arrived in front of his door. Punching the number combination to open it, he stepped in. He was on his way to take his loafers off when he saw another pair of them on the floor, along with Seungwan’s heels. Uneasy feelings made their way to his heart as his teeth gnashed in annoyance.

“Wen” he strolled deeper into the apartment and was greeted by a view of Seungwan and a man backing him in the kitchen. He didn’t even have to guess who the male was.

“Oh, Yeol? You’re—Why are you soaked?” Seungwan turned around, followed suit by Jongin. Chanyeol’s legs went wobbly at the sight. His girlfriend was cooking side to side with his best friend. It was actually a pleasing view if the two of them weren’t the main topic of his brain that whole day.

Scenarios started to wildly play in his mind. Seungwan asking Jongin to cook the rice. Seungwan asking Jongin to cut the shiitake mushrooms. Seungwan asking Jongin to help her reaching for the soy sauce in the overhead cabinet. Seungwan being back hugged by Jongin when she was waiting for the water to boil.

God, I’m going crazy, he thought.

“You’re wet” Seungwan was already in front of him. “You didn’t bring your umbrella, hm?”

Her fingers almost touched his hair but was stopped halfway by a grip on her wrist. Seungwan’s eyes shifted from his to his fingers around her hand.

“What is he doing here?” he mumbled, his tone flat as ever. He didn’t care if Jongin heard him, this time his selfish side won.

Seungwan was surprised by his hoarse voice. “Chan you’ll get sick—“

“Answer me, Seungwan!” the male suddenly exploded, startling the other humans in the room. Jongin quickly reacted by separating the couple and defensively shielded Seungwan behind him.

Chanyeol let out a mirthless laugh. “Oh, great. Now you’ve got a new hero, huh? Nice” he turned around. “Do whatever you guys want to do, I’ll be in my bed if you ever need me”

Then he marched towards their bedroom, not even bothering to dry himself first.

_______________________________

 

Never had Seungwan seen her boyfriend this mad before. Not even when she ‘accidentally’ burnt his rilakkuma plushie given by his ex. Not even when s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter