A Piece of Anger

Vaguely Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her teeth gnashed against each other when she saw a familiar name on the cup.

“Yeol, whose tiramisu is this?” she half- shouted. Chanyeol, who didn’t really catch her question, followed her to the kitchen.

“Pardon?” he asked when he arrived.

“Whose food is this?” Seungwan repeated, her voice sharp.

“Mine, why?” he raised his eyebrows.

“Who did you get it from?”

“My workmates surprised me earlier and gave that for my birthday”

“Who are your workmates?” she stood straight and faced him.

“Minseok hyung, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Sehun” he listed. “What’s wrong, Wen?”

Seungwan tch- ed. “Are you sure? Don’t you leave someone from those names?”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t you forget Soojung?” she shot a death glare towards him, sending shivers to his spine. Chanyeol unconsciously gulped.

“Soo—Soojung? No! What’s with Soojung?”

“Soojung was there too, wasn’t she?”

His whole body was stunned, how did she know? That was what he wanted to say, but he kept his mouth shut, because doing so would confirm her accusation. But then again, what did he do wrong? He didn’t even know that Soojung would be there.

“Answer me, Yeol”

Her gaze was very, very sharp. He sometimes wondered how she managed to look like an angel at one time and a pure devil at another.

“No, Wen. Soojung wasn’t there”

“You liar!” she slammed the fridge door shut, shocking the man in front of her. “That cup is from Krystal bakery!”

And…? he thought.

“It’s Soojung’s bakery! Soojung was the founder! She—“

“I don’t know anything, Wen, I swear” he stepped forward, wanting to calm her down. “They could’ve bought it without her intervention…”

“That bakery of hers is in Japan” Seungwan closed her eyes and scrunched her eyebrows, as if she was in a deep pain. “There’s no way your friends went to Japan just to buy a cake for your birthday, Yeol. You lied to me”

He was silent. Why didn’t I just say that she was there but I didn’t know why? he gritted his teeth. Her lower lip was already trembling, and all Chanyeol wanted was to stop her from crying.

“You’re a liar, Chanyeol” she wanted to walk past him but he quickly grabbed her by the wrist. A teardrop fell from her eye.

“Wen, I can explain this—“

He was halted by a yank from her hand, releasing itself from his grip. Seungwan didn’t say anything afterwards; she continued to walk into their bedroom, leaving Chanyeol hating himself again behind.

 

Chanyeol stepped out of the bathroom with his bathrobe on. He had just taken a long bath because Seungwan wouldn’t talk to him. At all.

Sighing, he strode towards their bedroom and was about to open the door when he heard her voice faintly talking. Who is she talking to? he thought, eavesdropping.

“… It’s from Krystal… Yes, Soojung’s bakery in Japan. There’s no way his friends bought the cake all the way to Japan, right? Soojung had to have something to do with this, I’m sure…”

She paused for a brief moment.

“No, Jongin… I mean—“

He heard that other male’s name and instantly rushed into the room; rage clearly filled his facial expression. Seungwan looked at his direction with her phone on her ear, startled at the loud sound the door made.

Chanyeol stood in front of her. “Turn it off” he lowly spoke.

“Wha—“

“I said turn it off now, Seungwan”

She blinked at his serious tone and brought the phone further from her ear, then pressed the red circle on the screen to end the call. All without diverting her eyes from him.

“Great. You even called him with my phone” he shook his head in disbelief when he saw the grey iPhone. “You called another man, telling him our personal matters, with MY ING PHONE!”

He was shouting, and he was aware of it. He couldn’t hold himself anymore; he needed to throw it all up.

“J—Jongin was the one calling earlier—and I answered it because you were in the bathroom—“

“And you tell him everything? Every single thing?! Son Seungwan, who is your boyfriend, exactly?!” there it was. The big question of the century. Or maybe just Chanyeol’s century.

“Wh—what…? What are you saying, Yeol…”

“We’re the ones having problem here, it’s OUR problem, WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING TO ANOTHER MAN, WEN?!” he saw her glassy eyes but they didn’t wash his anger away. In fact, the view was adding fuel to the fire. He was even more annoyed to see her crying.

“You lied to me” she managed to squeak between her attempt not to cry.

“And you told Jongin that I lied to you, huh? What is Jongin, your bodyguard? Your father? Or maybe he’s your new boyfriend? Wow, great—”

“THEN WHAT ABOUT SOOJUNG?!” Seungwan stood up, tears already streaming down her cheeks. “That girl surprised you on your birthday, even bringing you cake from her bakery in Japan, is she your new girlfriend, huh?!” she smacked his shoulder hard, making him stumbled backwards.

“I didn’t even know she was with the boys when they surprised me! I myself even wondered what she was doing there!”

“THAT’S NOT WHAT YOU SAID JUST NOW!” Seungwan screamed, so loud Chanyeol was a little afraid she would hurt her vocal cords. “YOU LIED TO ME, PARK CHANYEOL!”

“Whatever” he sighed. “I’m tired. I’ll just grab some air outside. I won’t be back soon”

She just stared as he marched towards the clothes cabinet and snatched a pair of t- shirts and jeans inside. Then he exited the room with a rushed manner.

Another teardrop dripped along her cheek.

 

“Hyung, wake up”

Chanyeol hissed and swatted the hand poking his forehead away. The owner of that hand, Sehun, gritted his teeth in annoyance. Swinging his palm towards Chanyeol’s cheek, he gave the surface a rather hard slap.

“Hey!” the older man sat up straight, eyes still droopy. “Why did you slap me?!”

“I have to take Jennie to work, hyung” Sehun sighed. “You also have to go to work”

Chanyeol had slept over at Sehun’s apartment, not wanting to come home to Seungwan the night before. Luckily Jennie, Sehun’s girlfriend, didn’t really mind about it, as long as he slept far away from them, in the living room.

“5 more minutes, Hun” he widely yawned.

Sehun shook his head. “No, hyung. Jen’s almost late”

He furrowed his brows for a while before coming up with an idea. “Hun, I need to talk to Jennie” he ordered. Sehun tilted his head.

“Hyung, are you still dizzy? Do you need water?”

“Call her here. I want to talk to her”

“Why?”

“Just do it, Sehun”

Sehun scratched his head before going into Jennie’s and his bedroom. A moment passed, and the couple was already in front of the guest. Jennie was already in her maroon coat, hair tied in a low ponytail. They both wore the same curious facial expression.

“Hun” Chanyeol called. “Could you pick Wendy up and take her to work? I will drive Jennie to her office”

“Ha?” it was Jennie’s turn to speak. “What do you mean, oppa? Why don’t you just pick Wendy unnie up by yourself?”

“We’re not in a good term, Jen” he exhaled. “That’s why I slept here”

“Geez. Boys” Jennie scoffed. “Being mad, still care, but refuse to show it”

“Am I like that too?” Sehun bent down to reach he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter