Apology

Vaguely Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was sitting outside Seungwan’s room with his gaze on the floor when a bottle of Pocari Sweat appeared right in front of his face. He lifted his head to see the owner of the hand holding the drink and found Chanyeol.

“You’ll need this”

He took the bottle from Chanyeol’s hand. “Thank you”

The Park guy took a seat beside him, straightening his long legs and stayed in that position for a while. The weather surely hated him, judging from the way it wanted him to freeze to death.

Jongin opened the cap of the Pocari Sweat and chugged the liquid down his throat. He was actually hungry but refused to leave Seungwan alone even though the nurse clearly stated that she was sleeping. Moreover, it was 3 am in the morning and he doubted getting another food except 24/7 McDonalds.

“I went to Soojung’s apartment earlier” Chanyeol started a conversation.

The other man nearly choked on his drink if he didn’t control himself. He gently swallowed the remaining beverage in his mouth and finally talked. “Wh—what? Are you serious?”

“Yes”

“And she still opened the door for you? In this kind of hour?”

“Yes”

“Wow” was Jongin’s brilliant reply. He was more surprised at the fact that Soojung didn’t kick Chanyeol out of her apartment for visiting in the middle of the night.

“She told me… the truth” Chanyeol continued. “About my first meeting with her, about my wrong accusation of you and Wendy having an affair behind my back… About my relationship with her… Everything”

“Did she tell you about the day of your accident?” Jongin questioned.

Chanyeol shook his head. “That she didn’t tell…”

“She told Seungwan that both of you went to the columbarium where their parents’ ashes were because you insisted on going there with her. And proven by the messages in your old phone, it’s true” Jongin put the cap of the bottle back on. “As far as I know, you’ve never visited Seungwan’s parents because she never allowed you to come along whenever she went there. Therefore you grew curious”

“Oh…” Chanyeol looked down.

“You know, Seungwan often tells me about how happy she is when you appreciate her choices, one of them being wanting to be alone when visiting her parents” the younger man glanced at him. “Seungwan enjoys solitude sometimes, and she likes it when you don’t force your own existence around her when she is having an alone session”

Chanyeol didn’t reply to that. He was silently excited that Seungwan told someone about how proud she was of him, but he also felt sorry to that best friend of his. Soojung had told him about Jongin liking Seungwan and imagining the woman telling the guy who likes her about her boyfriend actually made him felt bad.

“What are you going to do now?” Jongin breathed slowly. “Do you somehow recall any of your memories with Soojung?”

There was this tiny pricking sensation poking on Chanyeol’s brain. There was a voice inside his head; a female voice. He tried to concentrate while holding the seat’s armrest tightly as if it would help him.

 

“Oppa”

 

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed. It was Soojung’s voice.

 

“Oppa, why do you insist on going to the columbarium?”

 

“Dude you okay?” Jongin’s voice interrupted his chain of thoughts. “Yeol you’re so pale—“

“No, Jongin, let—“ he closed his eyes. “Let me be. I’m alright”

Jongin silently nodded, unsure of his own actions. He didn’t know whether obeying Chanyeol was the best thing right then, for the older man was surely not fine, judging from his sweat- stained forehead. He continued to stare at Chanyeol as if the latter grew a third eye on his glowing temple.

 

“Hahaha… Nothing, Jungie. I’m just curious about your parents”

“My parents or Seungwan’s?”

“It’s the same thing, baby. Come on, are you jealous of Seungwan?”

“Of course I am” Soojung pouted. “She is your girlfriend. She gets to see you every day. She can have with you and kiss you whenever she wants. And me? I’m just a side- ”

“No, honey, no” Chanyeol removed his hand from the car gear and placed it on hers. “You’re my only muse. You’re my everything, you’re the only one. Believe me”

“I’m still jealous though” Soojung looked down to where his hand was.

“Aww my baby’s jealous” Chanyeol teased. “Here, let me kiss you!”

Chanyeol diverted his gaze from the road and made his way to kiss Soojung’s cheek. She continuously dodged his attacks while giggling.

“No, oppa, ahahahah stop it!”

Her cute plea just added more fuel to the fire. Chanyeol was even more enthusiastic to plant a kiss on her skin. She was laughing all the time until she saw something in the corner of her eyes. Traffic barriers.

“Oppa watch out—“

 

Click.

It was the only sound ending that scene playing in Chanyeol’s mind. He immediately heard his own rushed breaths and felt the cold sweat making trails on his skin. Slowly opening his eyes, he found them watery so he used his thumb to wipe the tears away.

“Yeol” he head Jongin’s soft voice calling him but he didn’t respond.

“Chanyeol, are you okay?”

It was the scene of his car crash. He crashed the car against the traffic barriers because of his own carelessness. He didn’t concentrate on the road while driving and it led to his coma.

“I’m fine, Jongin”

Memories unhurriedly filled the emptiness in his brain cells. Scenes started wildly playing in his mind. Unknown scenes; which he acknowledged as his lost memories. They washed him with a familiar feeling for he had actually experienced them.

There was this memory of him confessing to Seungwan. He recalled the nervous feeling he got that he almost puked on his own food on a dinner with her. He also remembered the happiness and giddiness when she told him that she had been feeling the same lately towards him.

Then there was a memory of him bringing Seungwan home for the first time to introduce her to his mother. She was the one supposed to be anxious, but he took that role as she shuffled her way to his mother’s heart by immediately doing the dishes after their dinner together.

Also there was another memory of his first anniversary with her. It was also the day he asked her to live together with him, and thankfully she said yes. He moved out of his mother’s house and shared an apartment unit with Seungwan ever since.

Some other memories suffo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter