Kiss

Vaguely Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes, mother. I think we better postpone the dinner… No, no, he’s better now. I will take a good care of him” Seungwan was phoning Chanyeol’s mother while the man lay down on the couch. “Yes. Yes. Okay. See you soon, mother. We love you”

She ended the call and sat on the floor beside the couch Chanyeol was lying on. “How are you doing?” she softly asked.

“My headache is gone” he responded.

“Good” Seungwan hesitated to reach her hand out but did anyway. She tenderly caressed his head, brushing her palm against his jet black hair.

She was scared back then. She was extremely frightened that Chanyeol would leave her again, and wouldn’t ever return. No, Seungwan didn’t want that to happen.

“Hey… Why are you crying again…” Chanyeol’s voice brought her back to reality. He used his thumb to wipe the tears in her eyes. “I’m okay… Don’t cry, Wendy…”

His words only triggered her to cry even more. “I… I’m so afraid…” Seungwan said between weeps, covering her face with her hands. “I’m afraid that you… That you’ll be gone again…”

Chanyeol saw her reddened ears, then he sat up. He lightly took her wrist and pulled her to sit beside him. Not done with that, he mildly pushed her head onto her chest. She leaned against him and bawled her eyes out.

“Don’t cry… Hey” he circled his arms around her, enveloping her in a soothing hug. “I’m here. I’m never gonna leave you. I’m here, Seungwan… I’m here”

Seungwan’s sobbings didn’t seem to subside in any minute, so Chanyeol opened his mouth again.

“You know… When the headache attacked earlier, a memory came into my mind…” he her back to calm her down. “The memory’s about the necklace you’re wearing”

She stopped whimpering. Only sobs and some hiccups were heard. Chanyeol continued his story, knowing that she tried to be silent so she could hear him clearly.

“I gave that necklace to you… And there’s a cake too!” he raised his tone in a festive manner, tightening his embrace as he did. “Did I give that on your birthday?”

He felt her nodding against his chest. “Yes you did… You gave this on… on my last birthday… Last February…” she whispered.

“Yay!” he bounced on his seat, still squeezing her. “I got a memory back! I got a memory back, Wendy!”

She didn’t know how to respond to him so she stayed still. But she knew, she was happy to hear that.

“Wendy, brace yourself. New memories are coming! I’ll remember everything about us in no time, I promise” he kissed the top of her head. “I promise. I promise”

Seungwan buried her face deeper into his sweater and silently cried in joy. Sure, Chanyeol. I can’t wait for that to happen, she thought, smiling from ear to ear.

 

Seungwan was carrying a plastic bag from a supermarket she just had a grocery shopping in when the lift of their apartment building brought her to the 7th floor, where Chanyeol and her resided. She just went home from work and decided to stop by the supermarket because of a huge discount sign in front of it.

She stepped outside when the elevator dinged and the doors opened. Humming some tunes, she strolled towards her apartment with her eyes fixed on the paintings on the corridor wall. They weren’t there when she left in the morning. Maybe the building owner finally realized how Seungwan despised the dull view everytime she walked past.

“Welcome home, Wendy”

Her gaze immediately shifted from the wall to a man sitting in front of her apartment door, whom she recognized as her own boyfriend.

“Yeol? What are you doing outside?”

“I don’t know the door password” he cheekily grinned.

She blinked. Chanyeol started working that morning because he wanted to. At first Seungwan didn’t allow him to go because of the incident the night before, but the man insisted, saying that he wouldn’t eat anything she cooked if he didn’t get to go. Defeated, Seungwan contacted his workmates to take care of him on his first day. She also jotted down a note in his phone about which train station he should stop at since he couldn’t drive to the studio. They went to the nearest train station together, they got into the same train together, and were separated when Seungwan has to get off the train first.

And there Chanyeol was, waiting for her to come home because he had no idea of the number combination of their door.

“Stand up” she put her shopping bag on the floor and offered a hand to the male. He willingly took it and was pulled up to a standing position. “The password is 010315” Seungwan punched the number as she spoke. “It’s our official date”

His mouth shaped a small O to hear the fact. He grabbed Seungwan’s plastic bag as the door opened. Then they stepped into their apartment.

“How’s your day?” she asked, taking off her high heels.

Chanyeol slipped his loafers off. “Fine, I guess. I haven’t done anything yet. My students haven’t been informed about my comeback”

She nodded as he handed the groceries to her. “Then what have you been doing all day?”

“I socialize” he threw himself onto the couch. “I talked with everyone. Byun Baekhyun, Oh Sehun, Kim Junmyeon, Do Kyungsoo, and then there’s this bun named Kim Minseok, a whiny vocal teacher Kim Jongdae, and there’s also a Chinese dance teacher named Zhang Yixing. I have their line ids already. Oh, and they invited me to eat together after work earlier, but I thought you’re waiting for me at home”

She was sorting the products when he said those words. “How long have you been waiting? And why don’t you call me if you don’t know the password?”

“I don’t know… Maybe 10 minutes. I don’t want you to use your phone in the train… You could’ve attracted some pickpockets”

Putting the last package of beef into the freezer, she smiled. Chanyeol was Chanyeol after all. No matter how much of a dickhead he was, he never wanted to put her into any kind of danger. Well, this Yeol wasn’t even close to being his old version, but just as protective.

She was about to pull out the step stool when a hand grabbed the bottle of frying oil in her hand. “You have me now. You don’t need that step stool anymore”

Chanyeol was standing behind her. She turned her head to look at his adam’s apple while he placed the bottle on the overhead cabinet and she blushed a little. It’s been a long time since their last skinship and Seungwan couldn’t help but getting this familiar giddiness inside her when she saw his soft yet firm neck.

“How about you?” he spoke, startling her.

“Wh—what?” she stuttered, swallowing a lump in .

They were still in the same position for Chanyeol wasn’t done with the bottles. “I mean, how’s your day?”

She took a step to the side, distancing herself from him so he could move more freely. “It’s good… Everything’s fine. Seulgi and I went to a new café near our office for lunch”

He wanted to ask who Seulgi was but an assumption of her being Seungwan’s co-worker stopped him. “And? How was it?”

“The desserts are too sweet for my tongue. Seulgi liked it, though” she paused for a while, thinking what she should say next. “Mmm… And the lamps are not bright enough…”

A sudden chortle tickled her ears. “You went to a café to observe the lightings?” he said, giggling. Finished with the groceries, he closed the cabinet and faced the shorter lady.

“Yah” she pinched his waist, earning another laugh from the guy. “I don’t like dark places”

He grinned at her, stiflin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter