Epilogue

Vaguely Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was December 28th and Seungwan planned on going shopping with her fellow co- workers. She was just stepping out of the bathroom, done showering, when she saw Chanyeol lying on the couch with his phone in his hands.

“Yeol, I know it’s your day off, but it doesn’t mean it’s a shower day off” she shook her head at the scene. He was wearing a white wife beater and a pair of floral boxers. “At least shave, your facial hair is out of control”

“But I’m not going anywhere, babe, why should I shower…” he pouted, still playing the game in his phone.

“Chanyeol the last time you showered was 2 days ago and I demand you to take a shower right now!” she, still in her bathrobe, marched towards him and snatched the rectangular thing away from his grip.

“Aaaah!” Chanyeol squealed. “Nooo!!”

“You take a bath right now or no sleep in the bedroom later?” she threatened. The man jutted her lower lip out and stood up, stomping his right foot in process. He then made his way to the bathroom and locked the door.

Seungwan smiled in victory and walked towards their bedroom. Placing Chanyeol’s phone on the nightstand, she took her own and unlocked it to discover 5 missed calls from Joohyun. Her eyebrows furrowed.

She walked to the clothes cabinet while dialing the older girl back. A few rings were heard before a manly voice, almost as deep as Chanyeol’s, entered her ear hole.

“Hello?”

She knew this voice. It was Joohyun’s husband. “Taehyung?” she tilted her head. That guy was younger than her, so even though Joohyun was her unnie, she didn’t address Taehyung as an older man.

“Ah, Seungwan…” he sounded troubled, his voice was quivering. Seungwan was somehow becoming alarmed because of it. Why would Taehyung called her with Joohyun’s phone?

“Taehyung, is something wrong?” she hesitantly asked.

“Uh… Yeah… So…” he was having a hard time breathing, and Seungwan heard it. “Joohyun… Joohyun’s water broke and…”

Seungwan’s eyes went wide as saucers. “What?! Are you serious?!”

“Yeah and—and I’ve brought her to the hospital and… And she was with the doctor right now and… And—“

“Then what are you doing there? Why aren’t you with her?!” she started to get panicked as she rummaged through her clothes to get a decent pair.

“I… I wanted to inform you and the others so—“

“TAEHYUNG YOU BETTER ACCOMPANY YOUR WIFE RIGHT NOW OR I WILL CHOKE THE LIFE OUT OF YOU” Seungwan was literally screaming right then. She knew that it was Taehyung’s first experience of bringing his wife into labor but she didn’t expect him to be that dumb to not accompany her.

“Uh—Uh yes—okay—“

“NOW!” she shouted, which was responded by a monotone sound. Taehyung had ended the call.

Seungwan quickly reacted by dialing Seulgi’s contact. She put the phone into loudspeaker mode and continued to search for outfits. She then remembered that she didn’t ask Taehyung which hospital did he bring Joohyun into. Well, screw it.

“Hello?”

“Seulgi!” she exclaimed, pulling a beige colored shirt from the heap of clothes. “Irene unnie is giving birth right now, we’re going to the hospital!”

Seulgi needed 2 seconds to process Seungwan’s words. “Wh—what? Seriously?!”

“Yes, Taehyung called me earlier” she was having difficulty with her bra hooks and decided to wear her jeans first. “Quickly get dressed, Seul. Tell Yeri and Sooyoung too”

“Wait, wait” Seulgi replied. “Does this mean we’re not going shopping today?”

Seungwan didn’t know if it was because of her period or anything but she was extremely annoyed by everyone’s stupidity that day. She wanted to knock some sense into Seulgi’s head. With a hammer.

“IRENE IS GIVING BIRTH, SEULGI. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT GIVING BIRTH MEANS”

“O—okay, okay!” Seulgi sounded terrified. She immediately hung up, leaving Seungwan struggling with her bra alone. She knew how patient Seungwan was that she was sometimes mad at how the shorter woman let everyone look down on her without doing anything; which meant Seulgi also knew that something was definitely wrong if that friend of hers started yelling.

“Why is this too hard… Ugh” the woman was practically bending her hands backwards into an undefined angle, but still was unable to hook the bra straps together. “” she sighed loudly.

“Hey, language” a new voice was heard as a pair of hands gently grabbed hers to place them back to her sides. She shivered when those delicate fingers touched her to help her with the undergarment. “There you go”

She turned around to face her boyfriend, who was covered only with a towel from his hips downwards, and for a second, forgot about Irene. Chanyeol’s toned torso surely took her breath away. Those strong arms never failed to awe her. Her personal favorite was his broad shoulders; they were perfectly proportional for his tall posture.

“Liking what you see?”

Seungwan lifted her head to look into his eyes, then nodded like a toddler. Chanyeol giggled and pulled her into a hug. “You’re so cute” he complimented. “If only you’re not on your period, I wouldn’t have helped you with your bra”

She smiled, but suddenly remembered the news she made a fuss about earlier. “Yeol!” she pulled herself away. “Irene unnie is giving birth! Let’s go visit her!”

“Irene who—Oh, that co- worker of yours? The one you’re going shopping today with? Wait, she was pregnant?” he lifted his eyebrows.

“Yes and she’s having her baby right now! Come on, you’re coming with me!” she picked the shirt she took earlier from the bed and wore it. Chanyeol walked towards the clothes cabinet and chose a sweater with a similar color with Seungwan’s.

Seungwan was done with her shirt and headed towards the dresser to apply some light make up when she realized something. “Yeol, you showered for only like, 5 minutes?”

“I knew you’re having trouble with your bra straps, that’s why I finished earlier than usual” he answered with a cheeky grin. Seungwan rolled her eyes so hard she almost saw her brain.

“You’re having a longer bath later when we get back home” she demanded, putting on a lipgloss.

Chanyeol was finished with his underwear and started wearing his jeans. “I could have a bath with pigs in a pile of mud…” he pulled the pants up to his hips. “And you would still kiss me if I ask you to”

Seungwan shot him a look through the mirror, which he replied by sticking his tongue out. “You’re disgusting, Park Chanyeol” she shook her head in a joking way. Chanyeol buttoned his jeans and strode to stand behind Seungwan.

Circling his hands around her shoulders, he rested his chin on her head and looked at their reflection in the mirror. “Hey, we look cute” he tightened his hold around her.

Seungwan’s eyes twinkled when she smiled, and Chanyeol loved it. “Yeah, we do”

 

“Is this really the room?”

Seungwan checked her phone screen once again. “Yes, according to Taehyung’s message it’s here”

“Let’s go inside, then”

Chanyeol grabbed the door handle and opened the door before peeking inside. Upon seeing Taehyung and Joohyun, he pushed the door to open wider.

“Oh, Chanyeol hyung, Seungwan, welcome” Taehyung welcomed both of them. Chanyeol flashed a smile and closed the door behind them, letting Seungwan to approach her friend first.

“Irene unnie…” Seungwan was surprised to see the older lady’s condition. She looked so pale and messy, her hair was tangled in the most complex way possible, but still, the hint of happiness on her face was clearly visible. “Are you okay?”

Seungwan stepped closer to Joohyun’s bed and realized that there was a crib next to it. Her eyes rounded at the sight. “Unnie… Is this…”

“You’re so creepy, Wan” Joohyun responded, gaining a hearty chuckle from the males. “Meet my baby boy, Kim Taehyun”

“Oh my God” Seungwan covered with her palms. “Unnie… Congratulations…” her voice was trembling when she enveloped Joohyun in a warm hug. It was Seungwan’s first time visiting a friend that was having a newborn, and she couldn’t help but feeling so happy for that friend of hers.

Chanyeol inched closer towards Taehyung and offered a handshake to the younger man, which he gleefully accepted. “Congratulations, Taehyung. I hope you’ll be a great father”

“Thank you, hyung” Taehyung grinned.

“Did it hurt?” Seungwan released Joohyun. “Giving birth? Did it hurt?”

Joohyun grabbed Seungwan’s hand and held it soothingly. “It hurt… So much. I wasn’t even sure that I could handle it, you know. It was so painful and tiring. But then… Just when I was about to give up… The pain stopped” she paused to look at her baby in the crib. “And was replaced with him. The most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen”

Seungwan noticed how Joohyun’s lips curled into a serene smile which was different than her usual naughty, childish one. Seungwan noticed Joohyun’s tender gaze towards her baby. Seungwan noticed how motherly had Joohyun turned into.

Her eyes followed Joohyun’s to see the small human regularly breathing in the crib. How powerful was this child to change his mother.

“Isn’t he handsome?” Joohyun dreamily sighed. Seungwan nodded. The boy was sleeping, but she could tell that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter