Seungwan

Vaguely Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan placed the lilies she brought in two shelves containing two vases of her (and Soojung’s) parents’ ashes, then she intertwined her fingers together and prayed.

She woke up at 3 in the afternoon and suddenly had an urge to visit the columbarium where her parents’ ashes were stored. Luckily when she got out of the bedroom, Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. His mother said he went to work even though he was very late.

She didn’t know why she considered herself lucky that she didn’t meet him. One thing she acknowledge, that she was relieved that she didn’t have to face him again for the second time of the day. She planned to go straight to their apartment and not back to Mrs. Park’s house later on.

Finishing her prayer with an amen, she opened her eyes and bid a silent goodbye to her parents. Then she turned her heels around to exit the room. However, she stopped when she saw a familiar lean figure.

“Oh, sis, you’re here”

The sassy tone hurt Seungwan’s ears severely she wanted to puke. Narrowing her eyes at the person speaking, she roughly exhaled. “I’m not interrupting anything you’re doing, Soojung. Just stay away from me”

Soojung, with the same lilies as Seungwan brought earlier in her hands, chuckled. “It’s been 7 years, hasn’t it? I see you remember the exact date like I do”

Oh, so it was the reason Seungwan wanted to pay a visit out of the blue. She unconsciously memorized the date of their parents’ death and let her heart led her.

“Wait for me outside” Soojung walked closer. “I want to talk to you”

“There’s nothing to talk about” Seungwan snapped. “I’m leaving. See you”

She walked past Soojung but the latter stopped her by grabbing her right wrist. She turned her head around to face her. “Let go of me” she hissed.

“You will wait for me outside because I want to talk to you” Soojung repeated her sentence, adding a conjunction to make it clearer, in case Seungwan was suddenly dumb.

“I will not take orders from you. Now let go of my ing hand” she tried to pull herself from that sister of hers but failed because she was too weak. Screw herself for not eating anything since the day before.

“You’re so stubborn” Soojung shook her head in disbelief. “Okay then I’ll just speak here”

Seungwan was then brutally trying to pull her hand from Soojung’s grip but every effort of hers was useless. Soojung wasn’t even bothered.

“First, I know what you and Jongin are up to” she directly looked into Seungwan’s eyes. “Your shady business was actually nothing for me if I wasn’t involved as a victim right here”

“What?” Seungwan scrunched her nose, this time not trying to fight back anymore. “Victim? You said you’re the victim? Are you high or something?! If you just obeyed me and disappear from Chanyeol’s life, these all wouldn’t happen you little piece of !”

“And? You could freely lie to him about everything?” Soojung snorted. “Listen here, sis, Chanyeol deserves the truth and from whatever you’re doing, you clearly don’t deserve him”

“Oh?!” the older girl raised one eyebrow. “Then do you? Do you deserve him, Soojung?! You’re just as—“

“Second” Soojung cut her. “Chanyeol didn’t find his happiness when he was with you”

Seungwan’s jaw tightened.

“That’s why he—“

Soojung’s words were halted by a loud sound of Seungwan’s left palm hitting her cheek. Seungwan had decided to give her a hard slap to lock that mouth of hers.

Seungwan and Soojung had never really fought since the day they met. In fact, when people saw them, they would think that the sisters were related by blood, judging from the way they interacted towards each other. Their parents were never embarrassed to show them off to the world.

They grew up loving each other deeply to the point that no strangers would assume that Seungwan was adopted. Their family lived so harmoniously that their neighbors made them the model family of the neighborhood.

During their elementary school, some kids would mock Seungwan for being adopted. She would do nothing but crying on their way home when the bullies weren’t seeing. If Soojung knew she was made fun of at school, she would single- handedly kicked those kids’ asses the next day.

Seungwan wasn’t really good at expressing herself. Whenever people started to ask her insensitive things like how she ended up in an orphanage, Soojung would always be the one to answer with a ‘mind your own business’ and silent everyone up.

Soojung was always the first to notice if Seungwan was uncomfortable with something. How she fidgeted on her chair when speaking with someone she didn’t really like. How her eyes roamed everywhere in search of Soojung whenever she was forced to do something she didn’t agree to. And Soojung would always stand up for her, bringing her out of those ty situations.

Thus, people began calling her ‘Seungwan’s guard dog’. To think about it, she really was like a guard dog of Seungwan. Being quiet when regularly talking, but all snappy and sassy when Seungwan was mentioned in a bad way.

They seldom had different opinions on things, which was the main reason they rarely quarreled. Even if they did, it wouldn’t involve any fists or even long- lasting debate. They would just ignore each other until one of them decided to give in and apologize. And it was always Seungwan who did it.

Seungwan was always the passive one, and that was why Soojung’s eyes widened when she realized that this passive sister of hers just slapped her.

“D—did you just slap me?” her voice was shaking in disbelief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter