nine.

Go Away

[ added a few paragraphs? ]

~~~~~~~~

All throughout the travel to Youngmin's hometown, Busan, the two of them remained quiet.

It's been awhile since Serin stepped in Youngmin's house, so she can't help but feel a bit nervous somehow. They were welcomed by his older brother who was quite taken aback to see Serin tagging along Youngmin. Usually, Youngmin informs them if Serin's coming over, too, but this time he either didn't or he forgot. They put down their bags at Youngmin's room, and rested for a while before visiting the hospital.

Youngmin's mother hasn't woken up, yet. But the doctor assured them that she's going to wake up soon, and get a few more days of rest before she can be discharged.

When he opened the door to his mother's room, she noticed his dad taking a nap on the couch. Her eyes then darted to his mother. She looks pale, and she lost some weight.

Youngmin waked his father up and told him he'll take over for now, and go home, since his father needs to rest, too. His father was reluctant to go home, but Serin assured him once more, and that finally convinced him. Serin's effect to his family is greater than Youngmin, actually.

"Why do I feel like you're the real child here, not me?" he said, jokingly, after his father went out.

"I know right." Serin said, and sat on the couch.

"When will she wake up?" he murmured, but she manage to catch it. She turned to him, and smile.

"She will, soon. Just wait for a little more." she encouraged, and patted his shoulder.

They talked for about an hour more, but both of them soon went into dreamland, with their heads leaning against each other's. Youngmin woke up to get some drinks because he got thirsty, so Serin got no choice but to wake up, too. She sat on a stool near his mother's bed after he went out. She held her hand, and muttered softly,

"Auntie, uh, Youngmin's really worried for you. He looks restless, too. I'm sure he'll get more restless once he gets back to school with all the things he missed." she said, thinking for some more words, "Ah! He cried at school earlier. Seems like he's also having a hard time aside from this, but he doesn't even say anything at all to me. I'm his best friend, but I know nothing. What kind of best friend is that, right?" she sulked jokingly. "That's why, please wake up soon, I think he needs someone to rely on, too. And, of course I want to at least talk to you before I go back to school, again." she said, and felt the older's hand press hers. Serin looked at her, and saw her eyes looking at hers (Serin's).

Serin's eyes widened, "Auntie! Ah ah, I need to call Youngmin."

But before Serin could stand, and call Youngmin, his mother tightened her grip on Serin's hands. Actually, she was just sleeping when the two arrived. Youngmin's father didn't know, too, because he was sleeping when she woke up, so she decided not to wake up her husband, and managed to fall asleep later on.

And now, Serin just woke her up, with all her babbling to the older. So of course, she heard everything, and thankful to Serin because she stayed by Youngmin's side, and even accompanied him, here.

Youngmin's mother just mouthed her a thank you, and let her go to fetch wherever Youngmin has gone off.

"Youngmin! Are you in a situation to worry about your drink? Go back there, dummy, your mother's awake. Give me those." Serin snatched the bottles of drink, and pushed him to go faster, and he speed walked until they reached room.

Youngmin's mom just smiled at the sight of her son, and the daughter-in-law she wants (although they're just highschool). She actually lowkey pushes his son to Serin.

"Go talk to her, I'm going to call the doctor, although I don't know who the doctor is." she chuckled at her own realization, before handing the bottles to Youngmin and walked off on her own, to find uh, just any nurse or doctor, somehow.

"How are you feeling, Mom?" Youngmin asked, as he held her hand. and sat on the stool Serin previously sat on.

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry. I'm sure you have your own problems, too. It's been awhile since you came home. Are you sure you're fine, too?" his mother asked back, taking note of what Serin said earlier.

"Nothing much. I'm fine, I guess. I always tell you everything, anyway." he answered.

"But you don't, if it's about her." she said, which got Youngmin slightly flustered. "How are things with the two of you?" she continued.

Youngmin thought what he should say for a while, and gave his mom a smile.

The doctor came to check on Youngmin's mother, and told them that she can be discharged after a day or so.

"Serin, I think we have something to talk about?" his mother told Serin.

"Eh? Me?" Serin was just looking back and forth to Youngmin and his mother, because you know, she doesn't want Youngmin to know about the things she shared to his mother. Youngmin just raised an eyebrow at her. Serin gave him back a sheepish smile, and forcefully pushed him out of the room.

"Long time no see, Serin-ah." she greeted. Serin just nodded slightly, and chuckled in return.

"Are the two of you still not dating?" she asked out of the blue, and made Serin choke on air. She coughed to clear , and replied,

"No, no, of course not."

"Anyway, thank you for being there for Youngmin at this time. And, I really really hope you two would date each other. You know even his brothers like you for him, right?" she chuckled. Serin can feel her cheeks getting flushed.

She immediately waved her hands signaling no, "No, I.. uh.." but then, she stuttered badly, and mentally facepalmed herself. Stupid. What are you doing, Serin. Sigh.

His mother chuckled once again, and that's when Youngmin finally opened the door, he cannot wait outside, anymore. He's dying to sit at the couch. So he did, beside Serin. And if only she was allowed, she would've fought with Youngmin for coming in on such a right timing.

"What are the two of you laughing about?" Youngmin asked while leaning back against the couch. But the two ladies just changed the topic, and began catching up with each other's lives.

After awhile, Youngmin's father came back, and told the two teenagers to go back home before the sun sets. They bid farewell to Youngmin's parents and rode a bus way back home. They walked through an alley leading Youngmin's home after they got out of the bus.

"Thanks." Youngmin said. Youngmin's voice was more brighter now, he finally can relax after his mom woke up.

"What for?" Serin asked.

"Just.. for everything?" he reluctantly answered. Not long after, they reached his house, and went in. Dinner was yet to be cooked, so Serin volunteered to cook for them since she's staying for the night. Youngmin stayed with her in the kitchen while his two siblings went to their own rooms.

"Want some help?" Youngmin offered.

"I don't know your kitchen, help me." she said, as she struggles to find where the cooking pots are placed. She barely opened a wall cabinet that was almost out of her reach, and found them. She tried pulling out one, but Youngmin swiftly got one out for her while standing behind her.

"Don't they usually turn around in scenes like this in movies?" Youngmin softly said. Serin, for some reason, feels hot all of a sudden.

"S-should I turn around, then?" she asked, but mentally slaps herself for stuttering. Why on Earth are you stuttering in front of Youngmin!!

"Why are you stuttering, though?" he asked, as he put down the pot somewhere on the side, and trapped Serin with his hands placed on the counter.

Why is his voice so attractive? Wait. What. Get a grip of yourself, Yoon Serin!

Somehow, Youngmin didn't budge from his position. And somehow, too, Serin found herself turning around to face Youngmin.

"I'm not stuttering, stupid alpaca." Serin barely said without stuttering. She can barely breathe normally, too. Is she the only one? Of course not, Youngmin's actually going crazy right now, not knowing what situation he's gotten himself to. He wants the ground to just eat him up, and end this embarrassment.

And since Youngmin mentioned about movies, there should be some interruption in this scene, just like in the movies, right?

"Hyung! Youngmin hyung!" Youngmin's younger brother called out, while going down the stairs, his feet stomping heavily against the floor.

Youngmin immediately moved away from Serin, and Serin just turned around in an attempt hide her flustered self. Youngmin got dragged away by his brother, and Serin continued cooking after calming her heart down.

"Where am I going to sleep, though?" she asked Youngmin. After dinner, they went up to Youngmin's room, because their bags are there, and she just realized they haven't really settled where to sleep. Whenever Serin comes over before, they don't really sleep at all, they just go play or talk or anything, so they didn't really bother about it.

Youngmin sat down on his bed, while Serin sat down on the floor infront of the bags placed beside Yougmin's bed. And here comes Youngmin's crazy personality shifting.

"Here." Youngmin answered, which made Serin frown at him.

"How about you?" she asked, again.

"Here, too." Youngmin answered nonchalantly, barely stifling a laugh because Serin's jaw just dropped the farthest it could drop. "Just kidding, sleep here. I'll go to my parent's room. Dad's spending the night at the hospital." Youngmin said, and went out of the room, only to go back once again to fetch his bags, and ruffle her hair.

"Good night." Youngmin said with a mischievous smile before closing the door.

"Youngmin needs a psychiatrist. He's gone crazy." she finally spoke, with overwhelming disbelief in her tone. "I think I need to go there, too, though. Why do I find him cute?"