ten.

Go Away

[ added a few paragraphs lmao]

~~~~~~~

It was a few days after, that Youngmin went back to school. His mother just needed a lot of rest, and he, soon, went back to school, since he can't afford to lose out as much as possible. He has many things to catch up to, but Serin helped him take note of what he missed, despite being so busy for that.

"Take your time, Youngmin. You'll find it out, soon. Whatever conclusion you come up with, I'm on your side." His mother told him before he left the hospital.

However, what Youngmin did the first thing after he came back is so ridiculous.

Serin is currently rushing over to where the other students said Youngmin and Seongwoo were seen fighting. At the back of the school building.

Serin actually wonders why there are no CCTVs placed on the back of their school building, because who knows when students go there for some monkey business, or whatever it can be. She tried proposing it, but her position cannot really do anything about it at all.

Serin went there (of course she hid), and heard everything they're talking about.

"Don't you dare hurt Serin or else." Youngmin warned Seongwoo, with a glare.

"You can't even confess to her, yet you act like this. You've liked her for how many years? Does she even like you? You're not even dating her. You're just a friend, Im Youngmin. Don't cross the line." Seongwoo retorted, which made Youngmin's grip on the other's collar tighten. They were not fighting, yet. Just some intimidating each other. Serin made her way near the two, discreetly. They haven't noticed her, yet. "Not because you're the closest to her, you're also the closest to dating her. Don't even dream of it. Serin likes me. Not you." Seongwoo said, and was about to punch Youngmin on his face, but of course Serin interfered. They might get suspension if any of their punches land on each other, and she definitely doesn't want Youngmin to get suspended. Seongwoo would be fine, but not Youngmin.

Serin kicked Seongwoo's nearest leg to her, with all might. Seongwoo felt the sharp pain, and was jumping around, after Youngmin let his collar go. Serin just crossed her arms, and smirked at him.

"Not because I've hanged out with you, it means I like you. No, I don't." she said, and went in front of him whose leg still hurts. "Please don't get the wrong idea." she said while smiling, and kicked his other leg. She rolled her eyes at him, and grabbed Youngmin's wrist, then walked away, but Youngmin resisted. He was still glaring at him like he wanted to beat death out of him. Youngmin's temper is really short, that's why.

"Youngmin." she said sternly.

"Go away. I'll follow, soon." Youngmin said, and retrieved his hand from her grip. But, Serin immediately grabbed it, again.

"Im Youngmin." she slightly raised her voice, at him. Youngmin sighed, he was slowly calming down, so he just followed her, leaving Seongwoo who's in pain.

"Did you hear everything?" Youngmin asked, while following her. As much as she wanted to say yes, she didn't. She didn't want to ruin anything, since she knows Youngmin might deny it, because he's scared. She can't really say she likes him. She never thought of him as a significant other, but she can't deny her heart flutters at Youngmin's skinship with her. She also has this feeling of the need to see Youngmin atleast once a day. She doesn't know if it's just because she's used to sticking with him since middle school, or other reasons.

"No, I didn't. I just heard him assuming I like him." she scoffed, but suddenly stopped on her tracks. "Are you hurt?" she asked. She was changing the topic, subtly. And, Youngmin didn't even notice.

His hands cupped her cheeks, and raised it so her face would meet his. Serin flinched at his warm touch, but stayed, still.

"Nothing happened. I'm fine." Youngmin assured her, and let her face go. Serin didn't inquire further, and went back to her room, so did Youngmin.

Youngmin was quite bothered. He got bothered thinking about his feelings.

Am I still doing these stuff just because I'm used to? What am I doing right now? Do I really still like her?

Strangely, Serin went out of focus in almost all of today's classes, although she never got caught. She looked like she was listening, but her mind has drifted off, already.

She was thinking about what she heard a while back. Her mind's all asdfghjkl for some reason. She exhaled a deep breathe, for the nth time. She didn't even notice the last bell rang, already, and everyone started going home.

She packed her stuff slowly, her mind still wandering off to somewhere. She took a deep breathe, again but felt a tap on her shoulder. She nearly choked on air after seeing Youngmin's face. She was just thinking about him, then he shows up.

"Are you going home, now?" he asked.

"I still have things to prepare for the festival. You can go home, first." she said, trying to escape from him. She's suddenly shy and awkward to him. And she's definitely embarrassed why she's behaving so weirdly. Youngmin insisted on waiting, though. Just because. Serin just agreed so she won't sound strange.

True enough, she buried herself into various preparations, to take her mind off of Youngmin. There was only around 2 weeks left until the festival, she wanted to finish everything by now or at least this week.

Why do I feel uneasy being in the same room as him? Am I being like this because of what I heard earlier? I'm sure Seongwoo was just making things up.

Youngmin just watched her scan through pages, banners, and photos. And, swear to God, he fell for her more seeing this side of Serin. She looked so pretty reading those. She looked pretty even though she furrows her eyebrows at times. She looked so mesmerizing when she admires the coolly designed banner, and everything.

It was already 6:10pm when she finished. The only thing left is to start setting up the booths, and these and those. Since they can't do that, now, they just went home.

As they were walking home, they just walked in comfortable silence.

"Why do you always make me go away, every time I try to help you? Am I that unhelpful? Or am I annoying you?" she asked, out of the blue, not even looking at him.

Youngmin got startled, and quite flustered. That question was so unexpected.

"Why did you ask?" He asked back, trying to stall for time.

"Just.. No matter how many times I've told you I'm not going away, you still tell me to do so. Should I go away for real?" she asked, she's really curious. She wants to know if she needs to step away or what. She wants to know a lot of things, but she can't ask them all.

Youngmin pretended to think about what he'll answer, but in reality, he just wants to reach her place so he can avoid answering it. And, he succeeded.

But then, suddenly something pushed him to say,

"You're not annoying nor unhelpful. I just don't want you to see me when I get in trouble or when I'm at my worst. I don't want you to see the negative in me. Just see the cool side I'm trying to put on. Go in. See you at school. Good night." he answered, and bid her goodbye with a forehead kiss, and a hair ruffle.

Serin was left staring at the wall across her spot. She clutched on to her chest, she suddenly can't breathe. It wasn't something heart-fluttering, but she finds her heart fluttering insanely. Her face is burning with a shade of pinkish red on her cheeks.

What was that?