epilogue.

Go Away

What should I wear for tomorrow? Serin hummed in her mind. She was picking an outfit to wear on their highschool batch's reunion. She's actually been rummaging her closet for about an hour, already but she just can't pick one that looks casually pretty.

She slumped into the nearby chair placed infront of a desk. She sighed, not satisfied by the combination of clothes stored in her closet.

Just then, she remembered a gift she received on her latest birthday. It took a while before she found where she left the paper bag of the gift, and opened it after, with excitement.

She smiled at the folded clothes she found inside the bag, as it was a dress of a color she liked the best. The design was simple, but cute.

I'll wear this. She giggled to herself.

She picked her phone up from the bed, and sent a text.

 

Serin
Pick me up for the reunion, tomorrow, will you?

 

mine 💖
Sure, see you. :)

 

Serin
Thanks. ❤

 

She was settled on the new dress she received, and now she's arranging the wedding invitations to give to her former schoolmates when she arrives at the venue, and reminisce with her highschool friends.

 

She's been counting, and checking the contents and number of envelopes piled on her desk. She made sure that she had extras, just in case.

 

Obviously, she was excited for the wedding, considering that she's been with her boyfriend for 8 years. She trusts those 8 years, and said "Yes, I will." to him when he knelt on one knee, with a box with a ring inside, and sparkling eyes signifying he had always wanted to do this.

 

They were getting married a month from the reunion day, and she hopes that "that someone" would be present that day.

 

It has been a while since the last time they saw each other, and honestly Serin is quite excited to meet him, again.

 

I wonder how he's like, by now? Does he even have a girlfriend? she thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was a new day, and Serin just got out of the car, holding a paperbag in one hand which contained the invitations.

 

She smiled to herself, excited to meet her friends from before.

 

Then, she went inside the venue, walking side by side with her significant other.

 

"I'll find the restroom first, okay?" He said, and kissed her forehead, before walking off.

 

"Serin! It's been a long time! How are you?" A girl, who was her secretary back when she was the council president, greeted as soon as she stepped inside.

 

She dragged Serin away, in a blink of an eye, and started catching up with each other's lives, along with some highschool acquaintances.

 

It took a while before she finally realized that she wanted to find "that person". Her eyes scanned the rest of the room, and immediately spotted those sharp features the guy has.

 

"Seongwoo!" Serin called out, and the man turned his face to her direction, making his three moles visible to Serin's sight. He smiled, at her, and she noticed how nothing has changed from him, except that he has a girlfriend(?).

 

She shot him a curious look, questioning "Why are you with Chaeyoung, right now?" and Seongwoo just laughed ut off, because Chaeyoung also noticed Serin walking to them.

 

Over the years, Seongwoo and Serin ended up being friends, not as close she was with "you-know-who" but they were still, nonetheless, friends. Though, they didn't talk much after the graduation. Seongwoo let her go, and just settled on being friends, which made Serin happy. Everything was settled after the graduation, actually.

 

"So, I see, in the end, it's you two who ended up together?" Serin asked, with much shock in her tone. She didn't expect them to get together. The last time she knew, Seongwoo didn't even bother looking at her way, and now, she can see they're happy.

 

Chaeyoung looked down in embarassment. Seems like she's more mature now, than before. Seems like she's guilty of her petty acts to Serin before.

 

"Look, I'm sorry if I was rude to you, before. I'm the older one, I should've been mature. I'm really sorry for those times. I didn't know what went into my mind. I hope you can forgive me?" Chaeyoung apologized, and Serin felt her sincerity, and sensed that she really has changed. Serin gladly accepted her apology, to which Seongwoo smiled at.

 

"Oh, before I forget, have these." Serin said, and fished out two invitations from her bag, and gave it to the couple.

 

The two were shocked to see what was written.

 

"You're getting married?" Seongwoo questioned. Serin just nodded, and excitement filled her as she nodded.

 

"Is it with the guy who went to our school graduation, before?" Chaeyoung asked, as she opened the envelope, but immediately exclaimed "Oh my God! This is real news." as soon as she saw the card with Serin's and the soon-to-husband's name.

 

"Serin!" A man called out, as he approached the three, and words aren't enough to describe how funny and shocked Chaeyoung and Seongwoo's face looked like.

 

"I'm getting married with Youngmin! And gosh, Chaeyoung, that guy is my cousin. I don't even know why you guys thought he was my boyfriend back then." She happily exclaimed as she linked her arms with his. Youngmin felt shy, and as usual, bit his lip while he rubbed the back of his neck.

 

Chaeyoung and Seongwoo couldn't believe it at first. Who would? They've been best friends for years, no one expected Serin to like Youngmin back. No one expected, especially after their obvious "strangers" phase back then.

 

But they did, anyway. 8 years, and counting.


Soon, Youngmin and Serin gave out invitations for their marriage, and everyone congratulated them, and promised they'll attend the not-a-couple-but-still-power-couple of their highschool time.

"I'm going away, too."

"I won't let you go away, Im Youngmin." A girl's voice replied, a few steps behind.

Youngmin froze in his spot. Was he hallucinating? Does he miss her so much that she hears her voice, right now?

He didn't want to turn around to see if it was true or not. He didn't want to ruin this moment, even if it was just fake. He didn't want to go back to the reality where the two of them are now strangers. He didn't want to realize that he didn't have a chance, not now nor ever. He just didn't want to end the moment. He missed her.

But then, he didn't have to turn around. A pair of arms wrapped around his waist from behind. It felt so real.

Rather, it was real. But Youngmin still can't believe what was happening.

"Stupid. Don't you dare go anywhere." The girl said as she tightened the hug.

Youngmin still didn't move an inch, his heart beating the fastest it could ever go.

He still likes her.

Did she?

"I like you, Im Youngmin." She confessed, as she let go of him. He, then, turned around, and saw the face of whom he likes. Of whom he has liked ever since.

It was real. Serin just confessed to him. Serin just did what he couldn't do all these years. His wish was granted.

"I like you, too, Yoon Serin." He managed to confess back, his face flushed with a shade of red. "I won't go, I promise."

Serin smiled at him, one that melted his heart. She held his hands, and started walking away. Youngmin was so overwhelmed that it was kind of late to realize the graduation ceremony hasn't ended, yet.

"How about grad?" He said, shock evident in his face.

"Skipping it. With you." She replied, with a cute giggle he couldn't resist.

Youngmin just stared at her with disbelief, but shook his head after a short while, and threw an arm around her shoulder, as they continued walking, ignoring the fact that they were both still wearing their togas.

~~~~~~~~~~~

[ shameless promotion but please read my woojin fic titled, Castle on the Hill!! It's quite slow in updates since I'll participate in the jinhwi fic fest!! :> It's my first time to write m/m fic bahdhahhs i hope i don't fail 😭

Thank you for reading Go Away!! Thank you for reading until the end 💞 I love you all :> i miss writing Serin and Youngmin already jajxhhzjs ]