seven.

Go Away

[ added a few paragraphs ]

~~~~~~~

As promised, Youngmin and Serin went out the next day. Since Serin's busy, she can't really go out the whole day.

They watched a movie, and of course there were some finger brushing moments while getting popcorn, a few moments of catching the other staring at him/her, and an almost head leaning on the other's shoulder moment.

They had a few awkward laughs for the finger brushing parts, but they never talked about it after they got out of the theater. They had a slightly awkward atmosphere, but that's probably only on Youngmin's side, since Serin is completely carefree the whole time.

They went to eat lunch after the movie, and talked about this and that. She talked about how the council are practically dead in the inside these days just for the festival, how they're running after this and that, how they're basically stressed out over everything. But, Youngmin can see that behind all these rants, she still likes what she's doing. She still has the determination to push through all of these.

"You rant, but you can't deny you aren't tired of those, emotionally." Youngmin remarked.

Serin smiled, "Of course. I've finally got the chance to be the council president. I may look tired physically, but I'm never going to give up. I need to make the best out of this year." she said, cheerfully which made the guy sitting infront of him smile. He likes seeing her happy with what she does. It's like her cheerful vibes are so contagious to him.

Youngmin's smile went gone in a second, as he remembered Seongwoo.

Is this the right time to ask? Wait, no, am I even allowed to ask? But, it's just a question, Youngmin! I guess it's fine. But what if it isn't?

"Spill." he heard from her, so he looked at her but she wasn't looking at him but to her food.

"Huh?" he just uttered in confusion. She looked up at him.

"You've got something to say to me, right? You're contemplating right now. You're biting your lip." She answered. Youngmin sighed, and gave up.

He took a deep breath, and said, "What's with you and Seongwoo?"

Serin seemed taken aback by the question, but she lowkey expected this to come, since she knows he saw them.

"I don't know. We went out on dates, but I'm not sure about what I feel. Or what he feels, either. He says he likes me, but my intuition tells me he doesn't. I don't have the right to assume what he feels. I don't know. I'm actually confused." she ranted, and he sat in silence, unable to process what he heard.

Realizing that Youngmin isn't speaking, soon, she continued.

"I have this guy friend, and I think he's the one I really like. But, he's gotten awkward with me, just a bit. I don't know if I did something wrong. I don't know if he knows I possibly like him. Or, I don't know anymore. It's stressing me out. But then, my heart flutters for Seongwoo, too. One time, he kissed me on my forehead, and it kept me awake all night through morning. I'm more stressed about this than the festival preparations, to be honest." She said, and sighed.

Youngmin felt his world crashing to million pieces. He can hear every piece break into smaller and smaller parts. It was as if an earthquake destroyed his world. As if a very cold glass of water was splashed into his face, or even worse, he's already drowning. With his thoughts. Everything. He excused himself from her, and went to the restroom, before he could break down into tears.

He's mad at himself for being such a crybaby, a coward, and every thing he could pick on himself. He wants to punch the mirror he's currently staring at. He wants to just plop himself on the floor, just like when Serin found him crying, in the past. He just wants to scream to get all his thoughts out. Or maybe, he doesn't really know what he wants to do.

For him, Serin was the only one. He never turned to any woman in school who actually likes him. He never gave chances to anyone, he never had skinships with anyone other than her. It was her, is her, and will still be her. Only her. Yoon Serin.

But to finally hear every damn single thing from the girl herself, he suddenly out, his pupils shaking everywhere he looks at, his tears on the verge of falling, his everything on the edge of crushing down.

Others might think he's over acting, right now, and that he should support her for whoever she likes. But he can't. He just can't. He's been too emotionally invested in her that he can't go back to pretend he's fine. He's too vulnerable in front of her that he could cry infront of her, at any time, any where. He is very weak for her. He likes her too much. Or maybe, he loves her too much.

Im Alpaca 🍅
I'm going home. Sorry.
Bye.

Serin checked her phone, and as she saw the message, Youngmin dashed infront of her. He was walking quickly. Escaping quickly, rather. Although Serin called out to him, he didn't pay attention to her, and just disappeared. She stared at the door he passed through, then to his plate on the table. He didn't even touch his meal, at all, and it was only by then that she noticed it, and that there was something wrong with him.

Serinie
Is there something wrong?
You know I'm always here for you, right?
If you need someone, call me.

Serinie
Hey.
Are you okay?
Why aren't you answering?

Serinie
I got home, safe and sound.
I hope you did, too.
Whatever it is, I hope it'll be fine.

Serinie
Call me, soon, okay?
I'm worried.

Serinie
It's already night time.
Are you sleeping?
See you at school.
Good night, Youngmin-ah.

Im Alpaca 🍅
Good night. Sorry.

Serinie
No, it's fine! I guess that's very important.
We can always eat lunch together, next time.
Don't worry.
I hope you're fine.

"It isn't because I left. I'm sorry for not being enough for you. I'm sorry for liking you so much. I'm sorry for just.. Everything." Youngmin smiled while looking at his phone screen. He didn't reply to her.

She went to bed, worried for him. While he went to bed, but didn't sleep at all. Instead, he drowned himself in his thoughts. Overthinking ate him up.

"Im Youngmin! Guess what? I'm dating someone!" Serin squealed over the phone call.

"Im Youngmin! Help me out, I'm buying a gift for him!"

"Yah Youngmin, are you free today? He ditched me, hehe."

"Uh.. Want to watch a movie? The tickets would go to waste. He ditched me, again."

"Im Youngmin. Can you pick me up?" Serin said in between her sobs. "We just broke up. He dumped me."

"I'm never dating anyone, again."

"Ah.. I want to date someone, too."

He got out of his reminiscence of Serin's calls to him about the last guy she dated who dumped for after 3 months. He remembered how he rushed out of his apartment to go pick up a crying Serin, who had all attention to her because well, she's crying loud enough for others to hear and notice. He remembered how her messy she looked like at that day, and how messier she got after that day just because she can't get over the guy. And he remembered how he was willing to be a rebound back then.

"Date me. Trust me, I'll treat you better than others. I won't hurt you. I won't ditch nor dump you. Even if it's a rebound, it's fine." he said, after he saw her crying alone for that same guy just because she found out he was already dating another girl after 2 weeks of their break up.

Serin looked up to him with puffy eyes, and runny nose. She grabbed a nearby tissue, and wiped off her tears and nose before speaking.

"I wouldn't want to lose you, Youngmin. You can find a better girl than me. One that won't make you a rebound. One that could say the things you just told me. You're just pitying me, now. Get yourself a grip." she countered.

Youngmin badly wanted to say,

"No, you be the one to get a grip of yourself, because I've liked you since who knows when, and no, I'm not pitying you. And no, I wouldn't find a better girl as perfect as you are. I won't even bother finding. And no.. You won't lose me."

But he didn't. And until the time his tongue slips out, he won't.

Im Alpaca 🍅
I'll keep trying. I won't give you up. Yoon Serin. |

Im Alpaca 🍅
Should I give up?  |

Im Alpaca 🍅
Should I  |