eleven.

Go Away

After that night, they didn't talk for a week or so. She was too busy, and Youngmin had to help out to his club set up the booth. Youngmin was also required to help set up other clubs' booths because "community service" for his troubles. Not like he cares, anyway.

They both got preoccupied by their tasks that they never got to talk about that night or walk each other home. Not even a text or phone call, because one's either asleep as soon as he/she has gone home or the other's busy with school works, etc.

Today is the first day of the festival. There's no slacking off today. The first day is usually the busier day than the second. So, there's almost no time to rest, at all.

It was only 9:00am, and every booth has at least six people lining up for them, and even the ticketing booth of the performances are so full, even though they've been selling tickets for around two hours.

Soon the people went inside the theater one after another, and the students were given time to at least take a deep breathe, and sit down to wipe off the sweat trickling down their necks and foreheads. They restocked everything, cleared every mess, switched shifts with people, changed clothes, etc.

The first day went well, and the lantern's the only thing left to do. Youngmin found Serin, alone, staring at the night sky although stars cannot be seen due to light pollution.

"You've worked hard, today." Youngmin said.

Serin smiled, although not directed to him, "You, too." She then looked down, because he looked like he shoved something to her direction. "This one's for me?" She asked, looking at the lantern he's giving to her.

"Mhm." he answered, and Serin took it from him. He also gave her a pen to write her wish.

"What's your wish?" Serin asked, because she wanted to write his wish, instead of hers.

"My wish..?" he stopped to think for a moment. What's his wish? "That the girl I like would like me back." He murmured, to himself, but he corrected, "Health. Graduate. Family."

Serin smiled, and wrote the three words, then wrote the first wish he said. She heard it.

"What's yours?" he asked back.

"Your wish to come true." she murmured, and let out a soft giggle.

There was an announcement that there would be a countdown to let the lanterns fly at the same time. Serin pulled Youngmin's hand to grab onto the lantern as well. He just watched her being excited, and once the countdown was done, they both let the lantern go, and stare it as it flew up away.

It was only then that Youngmin saw that Serin wrote his first wish. He stared at it, and then finally noticed what Serin wrote as her wish. He threw her a confused expression at the sudden realization. He felt his insides turn up, again.

"Why do you keep on confusing my feelings, Yoon Serin." Youngmin, then called her, and pinched her nose. "Dumb." he commented, and she pouted.

"Dumber." she scoffed back, and they just laughed their words off.

 


 

The second day started with less visitors, but still quite a handful to accommodate. Since there were lesser people, the students gained more free time to enjoy the festival. And currently, Youngmin is finding Serin to watch a play for an hour.

"Youngmin-ah!" Youngmin turned around, and found Serin walking up to him.

"Oh, Serin. Why?" he asked.

"Watch the play with me!" she insisted, while excitedly pointing at the poster of the play.

"Do you have tickets, already?" he asked, hoping she doesn't have yet, since he already has.

"Nope. Let's buy."

"I already have, let's just go." he said, and they both went to where the play was held.

"The main character's personality isn't really pleasant, don't you think?" he asked, and turned to his right where Serin was seated.. He found her head dangling, because she already fell asleep. She must've been exhausted. There's still more than half an hour left before the play ends, so he just placed her head against his shoulder, so it won't be dangling for the duration of the play.

Although it's embarrassing to do so, Youngmin took out his phone, and captured a photo of the two of them. They looked like a real couple right now, and Youngmin knows it well.

 


 

"Yah. What's the purpose of watching the play, you just slept all throughout." Youngmin said, while he slipped his hands in his pockets.

Serin just yawned again, then pouted. "Is it my fault I haven't slept a lot? You try switching with me." she scoffed, and crossed her arms.

"Are you watching the fireworks with someone, later?" he asked, and pretended to be busy on his phone to avoid seeing her reaction.

"I'm planning to watch it with you. Or do you have someone else?" she replied, and surely, Youngmin was able to breathe normally. He didn't want to watch the fireworks with someone else. He just shook his head, and arranged that they watch it together.

Soon, they parted ways because they have their own works, etc. Youngmin looked stupid, though. He was jumping around, and was in a whole new level of happiness.

"Serin's effect on me, really." Youngmin thought.

The rest of the day went on, regularly, and finally, the time for the fireworks show came.

Youngmin and Serin found each other, and went to find a clear spot to view the fireworks.

"What time is it going to start?" he asked, while eating a cotton candy they bought before coming over.

"Around 10 minutes after 11? It needs to be earlier than 11:11pm." she said, worriedly.

"Oh, it's only a few minutes from now, then." Youngmin said after he checked his phone.

Announcements were made, and everyone was encouraged to stop what they're doing so they can enjoy the best out of the fireworks. Serin fished out her phone from her skirt pocket, and waited for 11:11pm.

Youngmin just stared at the sky.

The moment the clock turned 11:11pm, the fireworks started blasting into the sky, and scattering colorful designs in the air. Serin closed her eyes, and made a wish. Youngmin noticed her, and did the same. They both then opened their eyes, after. Everyone was on the mood to cheer, and laugh. The fireworks looked magical and romantic.

"Let's take a photo." Serin said, while handing her phone over to him. He took it, and raised it a bit. He threw an arm around her shoulders, and pulled her close before capturing the photo. Serin was staring at him in the photo, because she was stunned at the skinship.

"Something's wrong with me. I guess?" she said as she stared at their photo. Her heart's thumping loudly, once again. This hasn't happened before, until recently. She sighed. "Really. What's with me." she thought.

They continued to watch until it ended. They separated to help to their own booths, before walking home with each other.

"Today was great, right?" he broke the silence.

"Mhm. I had lots of fun, I miss it already." she answered, and chuckled. Then, they both noticed they're already at her unit.

"Thanks for today. Good night." he said while smiling. Serin said the same thing, and watched Youngmin walk away before going inside her unit, and plopped to her bed. She was staring at their photo, once again. She decided to send the photo to Youngmin, and waited for a reply, before she sleep.

But she was wrong, with his reply, she cannot sleep, at all. Because Youngmin sent the photo of them earlier at the play where she was leaning on his shoulder.


Sorry for the slow update ;; My phone broke, and I just borrowed my brother's laptop for this. I also have school in a few days, so i dont think I can update a lot. But, I might end it at chapter 15? lmao idrk if i can reach 20 so if not, i'll end in 15 . thank you for reading! ♥ I'm going to write another fic after this, please read it too if you have timeee.