two.

Go Away

 

When will you ever stop being so dense, Serin-ah? he asked, in his mind, after English ended. It was lunch, by this time, and he seriously doesn’t have the appetite, so he’ll go for the clinic, instead. Maybe, get some sleep. Or whatever.

Unfortunately, he bumped into Serin on the way, and there’s no way, Serin would let him waste time in the clinic instead of eating. So, the moment they saw each other, Serin just grabbed Youngmin’s arm, and dragged him to the cafeteria. Youngmin, being so whipped for her, didn’t even resist even for 0.00001%. Instead, he was smiling while observing the back profile of the girl dragging him, and her hand holding his arm.

She pulled out a seat from a two-seater table for Youngmin to sit on, but that's when Youngmin freed his arm from her hand. He pushed down the girl to the chair she pulled out, ruffled her hair, and smiled sweetly to her.

"I'm going. Just sit." Youngmin said, and left not even waiting for a reply from her.

As soon as Youngmin left the scene, a male student sat down in front of Serin. She eyed his necktie, which signifies he's a freshman, and his name tag, which says Kang Euigeon. A year younger than you.

"That seat is taken, though." She said to the freshman in front of her. The guy just smiled, and he looked like a rabbit, with those 2 large front teeth. He just placed a small envelope with a cute design, on the table between you two. Then, he stood up, bowed, and left.

Then, Youngmin showed up with two trays on both of his hands. Serin just kept the envelope in her pocket, wanting to read it later.

"What's that?" Youngmin asked.

"I don't know, too. Someone named Kang Euigeon, left it. I'll read it later." She just shrugged, and ate her food. Youngmin just shrugged it off, too, and ate. He suddenly gained the appetite just because Serin is in front of him.

After they finished, Youngmin walked her back to her classroom, before heading in his own. He was clearly in a good mood, but then he was slightly bothered by that Kang Euigeon.

He spent the next class recalling who Kang Euigeon was, because he's quite sure for some reason that he has heard of him, before.

Just as his seatmate tapped his desk to borrow for an eraser, he slammed his hands onto the desk, and quickly stood up. He garnered a lot of attention from his class, although it was fortunate that the teacher just left, and the next one hasn't arrived, yet. Youngmin just bit his lower lip as he scratches the back of his neck, and sat down quietly. The others shrugged it off, and his seatmate nudged him for an eraser, once again.

Kang Euigeon! That freshman! That jerk! Does he like Serin? he thought to himself as he passed on his eraser, and immediately facepalmed as soon as the eraser was gone from his hand.

Wait, he has a girlfriend! From another school! Is he cheating? Woah woah, that's new. But, definitely Serin cannot be caught with that Eugeon, or Euigeon, or whoever he is.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as she sat down on her seat, she pulled out the envelope, which is now slightly crumpled due to the first-aid stuff she kept in her pocket. She opened it, and unfolded the paper inside to read it.

 

To Serin sunbae,

Garden. After classes. I'll be waiting. I would like it if you came. Thanks.

--Kang Euigeon.

 

She frowned at the content of the letter.

"Doesn't he at least need to make this letter presentable, and not act like a cool kid? I don't even think he'll wait for 30 minutes if I came late." Serin commented, and rolled her eyes. She hates insincere letters, the most. As someone who loves writing handwritten letters, she really hates it when the letters aren't sincere. It's fine if it's short, but the feeling is still there. However this one's short and meh. She doesn't even feel even a slight flutter from reading this. At least, the envelope is cute.

Should I go or just go home? Today's a day when we don't have council meetings. I don't want to waste time for this if this turns out to be confession. She thought, and just sighed.

During the last class for today, since a free hour is next (which is the real last class), Serin felt her desk, slightly vibrating. She looked around, and no one was reacting so, she figured out that it was her phone that caused the vibration. Her phone was placed on the open space on her desk where you can put books, or something else. She sneakily peeked at the screen on what's with her phone, and saw a text message. It was from Im Alpaca 🍅

 

Im Alpaca 🍅

Serin.

You

Math rn. Why.

Im Alpaca 🍅

What did the letter say?

You

5 minutes. Wait.

 

There was only 5 minutes left for Math's time. And, once the teacher left, she pulled out her phone, and sent Youngmin a message.

You

Meet with him. The letter , you know.

The envelope's cute though.

Wanna see?

Or do you have class?

 

Youngmin didn't respond, and she figured out that he may be in a class, right now. So, she just contacted someone else to waste the remaining time.

Once everybody started leaving one after another even though it was still kind of early to go home, Serin decided to go out, and head to the garden already. So, by the time Youngmin went to check on her, she was already gone. Youngmin's phone got snatched by the teacher before he got to type his reply for her.

Luckily, the teacher didn't read the messages or else, she might've been caught by the teacher, too. He immediately went to the faculty to retrieve his phone, and got warned that he should study more, not get into fights and sneaking phone texts. He just kept of nodding, and apologizing, to end the conversation. Once it did, he dashed out of the room, and tried contacting and finding you.

 

Im Alpaca 🍅

Where are you

Did you meet with him

Or you went home

If he confesses, reject him

That dude's got a girlfriend.

Another school.

Hey.

Serin.

Srsly.

 

She can feel her phone vibrating, but of course, she knew it was Youngmin, and she probably knows what he has to say so, she chose to ignore, and check it later, after meeting with that freshman.

"Over here, sunbae." Euigeon called, as soon as he spotted her. She just walked over to him, and said a quick Hi. He did the same.

"So..?" She said, expecting to hear a straightforward answer since the letter kinda says his personality. Like, he's a person who cuts the chase, and drops the bomb with no countdown at all.

"I like you. Please go out with me." He said, as she expected. This scene isn't new. And, it isn't something she likes to experience. Since, she has to find the most careful words to reject them. And, she has to explain that it isn't because of another guy, but because she doesn't have an interest in dating.

But this one's different.

"Serin!"

Youngmin.