Chapter Six

Anything Can Happen [HIATUS]

            Well, last night was eventful. I still don't know what to think about Eunwoo breaking down to me... I'm honestly glad he trusts me enough to share that little piece of his life with me. Obviously I comforted him as much as I could but I didn’t know what to do.

            "Madi!" I hear my name coming from my front door. Immediately I know it's Eunwoo. Speak of the devil, I laugh to myself.

            "One second!" I call back as I stand from my couch and adjust the sweater that I'm only half wearing on one arm over a simple tank top. When you can't decide if you're warm or cold. I take a moment to laugh to myself again as I approach my front door. "Hey Eunwoo," I smile at him as I open the door to reveal his beautiful face.

            "Hi," he walks right in. He seems almost as distraught as last night... Like he could have another breakdown about whatever is bothering him.

            It takes me a moment to realize the small suitcase trailing behind him. "What's with the suitcase?" I ask him, pointing at the small luggage.

            Eunwoo says nothing as he pulls two pieces of paper out of his own sweater pocket. "How fast can you pack a bag?" he asks.

            "What do you mean?" I tilt my head to one side slightly.

            "Exactly what I just said. How fast can you pack?"

            "I get that but why?" I further explain, emphasizing the word 'why'.

            "Yesterday when you were there for me during my breakdown and I said I just wanted to get away from everything..."

            It finally clicked. "Eunwoo, when I asked 'when do we leave', I was just joking lightheartedly," I explain. I pause a moment to look him in the eyes, they look sad, almost... disappointed. I take a deep breath, "What time is our flight?"

            His eyes brighten immediately and his beautiful returns to his gorgeous face. "A few hours. How fast can you pack?" He sounds excited.

            "Give me ten, maybe fifteen, minutes," I estimate, my statement almost sounding like question. He nods and takes a seat on my couch as I rush to my bedroom to put together a bag. I know it's foolish of me to just leave with Eunwoo just months before Eryn's wedding but he's my best friend and he needs a quick getaway for a few days, maybe a week or two, and wants me to go with him... I'd like to think he'd do the same for me. As the thought of Eryn and Rocky's wedding crosses my mind, I quick grab my phone and text Eryn.

MADISEN:

HEY I KNOW THIS IS REALLY SHORT NOTICE BUT EUNWOO JUST CAME OVER WITH A COUPLE OF PLANE TICKETS AND HE NEEDS A GETAWAY.. HE ASKED ME TO GO WITH HIM... I'LL DEFINITELY BE BACK IN MAYBE A WEEK OR MAYBE EVEN TWO AT MOST BUT I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW SINCE IT'S GETTING SO CLOSE TO YOUR WEDDING...

            ERYN:

            OMG YEAH! GO WITH HIM! ;P JUST MAKE SURE YOU'RE BOTH BACK IN TIME FOR THE WEDDING IN 2 MONTHS LOL

            I finish throwing everything I'll need into a small suitcase and meet Eunwoo back in my living room. "Ready to go?" he stands from the couch and I nod in response.

            “Where are we even going?” I ask but the only response I receive from Eunwoo is a smirk. Well alright then.

            We walk outside to Eunwoo’s car and I lock my front door. Eunwoo puts our luggage in the backseat and starts the car when we’re both buckled in. The first five minutes are silent between us until I physically can’t take the silence anymore; the anticipation I feel is too great to keep silent. “Are you really not going to tell me where you bought tickets for?”

            He shakes his head, “Nope, you’ll find out when we get to the airport.” Are you kidding me? I want to know… I silently pout to myself like a child because I can’t know where we’re going right away. “Don’t pout,” Eunwoo teases as he glances at me through the rear-view mirror.

            I decide to play along a bit. “I want to know where we’re going though,” I whine.

            “You’ll find out soon, when we get there,” he smiles.

-

            We arrive at the airport and I still don’t know where Eunwoo plans on going. We wait; I wait in anticipation, for our flight to be called so I can find out where we’re going. I jump every time a flight is called and Eunwoo just shakes his head like he knows I’m going to ask if it’s our flight.

            I stopped paying attention after a few hours until I heard an announcement about a flight to Paris. Lucky people! I’ve always wanted to go to Paris, ever since I was a kid basically. Whoever gets to go on that flight is really lucky.

            “Come on,” I hear Eunwoo’s voice.

            “What?” I look up at him to see him now standing next to me.

            “Get your stuff, our flight was just called,” he smiles.

            “We’re going to Paris?” I’m shocked. I’ve always wanted to go but how would he have known?

            “Yeah! I remember in high school, you would always talk about going to Paris someday,” he continues to look down at me. “Before you ask, I overheard you talking with your friends a few times,” he chuckles.

            I’m completely shocked; after so many years, he remembers a small fact that I’d said I wanted to go to Paris. I barely remember physically talking about it that often; in fact, I think I said it once to my friends when I saw a poster for a Paris trip for the senior class the year after my friends and I graduated. Eunwoo overheard that one time I mentioned it?

            Eunwoo hands me my ticket to give to the person at the gateway. I glance down at the ticket briefly. Did I just read ‘one way’? I shake my head at the thought, that’s crazy to think he would buy a one way ticket.

            We board the plane eventually and I can’t contain my excitement. I’m going to Paris! I can’t wait!

            When we find our seats on the plane, I can’t help but bounce in the seat a little. Eunwoo leans over, “I know you’re excited but you’ll have to calm down a bit,” he laughs.

            “I’m trying but I’m just so excited to go to Paris!” I squeal.

            “Have you ever been on a plane before?”

            “No,” I admit, sitting completely still in my seat now. I didn’t realize what was going on around me and Eunwoo until I saw the plane starting to move through a window. “We’re taking off now?” I ask, worried. I try my best to hide the anxiousness in my voice from Eunwoo but let’s face it, he can probably tell I’m nervous now.

            I can feel the plane starting to depart for takeoff and, out of instinct and anxiety; I grab a hold of Eunwoo’s hand. I hear him chuckle quietly next to me. “It’s okay; you’re fine,” his voice is calm and quiet. “I’m right here.”