Chapter One

Anything Can Happen [HIATUS]

            “I feel like I could throw up, I’m so excited!” Eryn shrieks through the phone. I’ve had to pull the phone away from my ear several times because of her volume.

            “I can imagine,” I laugh. “Congratulations by the way.”

            “Thank you, it’s so unexpected.”

            “Of course it’s unexpected! You don’t get proposed to everyday,” I tease with a sarcastic tone.

            “What a genius observation smartass,” she remarks back with equal amounts of sarcasm.

            “Hey, language!” I . “I have a quick question though…”

            “Sure.”

            “So, did you just abandon Rocky to call me and tell me you’re engaged or..?”

            “,” I hear quietly. “I have to go,” she quickly says before the line goes dead. I can’t help but quietly laugh to myself.

            Eryn and Rocky is your typical cute couple; they’re actually made for each other somehow. I feel a little proud of myself because I introduced them to one another a few years ago and the rest is history. They basically experienced ‘love at first sight’ and have dated for about three years and now they’re engaged! I knew they’d last.

-

            The next day I wake up to a text from Eryn telling me to meet her at her house. I quickly get ready and leave the house.

            I knock on Eryn’s front door and kick a stone on the porch as I wait. “Hey,” I smile when she opens the door. “Ready to go?” She nods and locks the door behind her.

            We arrive at a coffee shop and sit at our almost ‘go-to’ table in the back corner of the shop. “So, how did Rocky propose to you last night?”

            Eryn blushes a light pink colour at the mention of her now fiancé. “It was just really simple and obviously romantic.” She looks down at the ring on her finger but says nothing for a few moments.

            “Are you going to continue this story or not?” I ask in anticipation.

            “Oh, sorry. Anyway, I came home last night and all the lights were out, except for a few candles that were lit. I notice there was a rose on the coffee table and when I looked back up Rocky was standing there with a bouquet of roses. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him; plain and simple.”

            “Awwwweeeeeee,” I overdramatically sigh.

            “Shut up,” she nudges my arm. “I have a question for you actually.”

            “Okay, go for it.”

            “Would you be a bridesmaid in my wedding?”

            “Do you even have to ask, of course!” I squeal. “This is going to be such a cute wedding, awwweeee.”

            “Stop it,” Eryn whines. “The bridesmaids are you, Skye, and Stasia so I’ll have us get together in a couple days and you all can help me plan the wedding,” she smiles.

            We spend an hour or so more in the coffee shop just chatting about random things. I drive Eryn home and return home myself and realize I have nothing to do. I flick through channels on TV and end up on the food channel for some reason.

-

            A few days later Eryn had everyone (her, me, Stasia, and Skye) meet to discuss wedding planning.

            I arrive at the restaurant Eryn said to go to and see that she, Skye and Stasia are already here. Of course I’m the last one here, I think to myself as I laugh at my inability to be on-time for anything.

            “Hey,” Eryn smiles as I approach them. Both wave in response as I sit down at the table that is already covered by a few binders and stacks of papers. Wow…

            “I’ve already run into a bit of a conflict,” Eryn tells me.

            “Why?” I ask, raising an eyebrow.

            “I was hoping to have the wedding for the end of July this year but I’m going to have to move it to next July.”

            “Why?” I repeat my question again.

            “It’s only a few months away and that’s just not enough time to plan an entire wedding so it just wouldn’t have worked out entirely… and Skye has some news,” Eryn nods her head towards her sister.

            “MJ and I are expecting twins,” she smiles.

            “Wow, that’s amazing!” and “Congratulations!” are heard around the table. She thanks us and says she’ll pass our congratulations onto MJ. Skye and MJ have been married for a couple of years now and I guess they’ve finally decided to finally have kids, which is great for them.

            “Who’s the wedding party so far Eryn?” Stasia asks, interrupting my thoughts.

            “Okay, so, it’s you guys and then MJ, Moon Bin, and Eunwoo so far.”

            I freeze at the last name listed, “W-wait, Eunwoo’s invited?” I internally start to panic.

            “Yeah, he’s actually a groomsman because he’s a close friend to Rocky.”

            “O-okay, I’ll be right back,” I awkwardly smile and excuse myself from the table. I walk outside quickly and find a pretty deserted side road and scream.

            Eunwoo’s in the wedding party?! I have to see him again? I can’t believe this! I mean I can’t blame Rocky for knowing him, but of all people why Eunwoo?!

            I take a deep breath and run my hands through my hair. I’ll just have to deal with this and try to avoid him as much as possible, I think to myself. I just hope he doesn’t remember how much he teased me in high school and it won’t be that bad.