Chapter Four

Anything Can Happen [HIATUS]

            “Eryn?” I wave my hand in front of her face but she still doesn’t move. I turn to Eunwoo next to me and shrug.

            “Eryn? You okay there?” Eunwoo asks her and snaps in front of her face.

            “Sorry… what?” She’s snapped back to reality!

            “You okay? How are you doing?”

            “I’m okay and doing fine,” she says as if unsure of her answer. “Can I ask you guys a question though?” Eunwoo and I both nod. “What are you guys doing here… together?!”

            “Eunwoo was the unknown number that texted me before and wanted to meet up. He knew I was avoiding him and we’ve decided to put it behind us and try to be friends,” I explain.

            “So… you’re friends now?”

            “Yup,” Eunwoo smiles.

            “Finally!” Eryn sighs. “Now nothing will be awkward when the wedding party has to be together,” she cheers.

---

            We’re getting closer and closer to Eryn’s and Rocky’s wedding. Two months have already passed and there are very few things to still help Eryn and Rocky organize. Just under a year until the wedding!

            I have no plans today so I make plans with my couch to hang out and watch a movie. My movie is interrupted by my phone ringing loudly. It’s Eryn so I answer immediately. “Hey,” I speak.

            “Hey,” she sounds almost panicked.

            “Is something wrong? You don’t sound normal,” I tell her.

            “Yeah, I’m fine. But I’m with Skye and MJ at the hospital, Rocky’s with me also,” she tells me.

            “Is something wrong?”

            “No, there’s nothing wrong. Skye went into labour so MJ rushed her here and called me on the way.”

            “They’re having their twins?!” I didn’t even realize that her due date was so close when they announced that they were having twins… I clearly don’t pay enough attention, I scold myself.

            “Yeah! It’s so exciting! We’re just going to stay here and wait because this is more important than ordering flowers,” she laughs.

            “Yeah it’s exciting! I’m going to come and wait with you and Rocky at the hospital so I’ll just cancel my date with my couch,” I laugh. “Want anything on my way there?”

            “Yeah actually,” Eryn’s voice is more quiet now and sounding normal again. “Can you try calling Eunwoo? Rocky’s been trying to get a hold of him since MJ called him and he hasn’t answered…” her voice trails off.

            “And what makes you think I could get a hold of him if Rocky can’t?” I sarcastically remark.

            “Can you at least try? Please? Rocky’s phone is also dying and I’m currently using mine to talk to you,” she comments with equal amounts of sarcasm in her voice.

            “Fine,” I sigh. “I’ll call him now.”

            “Thank you! See you soon when you get here.” I hang up without saying anything else and call Eunwoo.

            The line rings a couple times before it stops. “Hey,” Eunwoo speaks, his voice quiet.

            “Hey, you okay over there?” I ask, concerned.

            “Yeah,” he sighs. “I’m fine. What’s up?”

            “Rocky’s been trying to call you for a bit now and said you haven’t answered… MJ and Skye are having their twins. Skye went into labour so Eryn and Rocky were just going to wait at the hospital and I was going to join them. Want to come with?”

            “Oh my gosh! That’s great! Yeah, just give me a few minutes to get changed out of pajamas and try to explain to my couch that I have to reschedule our date,” he chuckles to himself. I gasp. “What?” he asks.

            “I said almost the exact same thing to Eryn when she called me. I told her I had to cancel my date with my couch! That’s so creepy how we said the same thing,” I laugh.

            “That’s so weird,” Eunwoo continues to laugh in between words. “Hey, would you mind picking me up on your way to the hospital?”

            “Yeah, sure. I don’t mind at all.”

            “Thanks so much. I’ll see you when you get here. Bye,” he says.

            “See you, bye.”

            After picking up Eunwoo and getting to the hospital, we struggle to find Eryn and Rocky in the waiting room. “Do you see them?” I ask Eunwoo, “I don’t see them…”

            “That’s because you’re small,” he teases.

            “I’m not that small,” I pout, playing along with his teasing.

            “It’s okay to be small,” he laughs. “Plus, it’s cute,” he lightly pinches my cheek.

            “Can you see them since I’m ‘small’?”

            “Yeah, they’re around the corner.”

            “How can you tell that it’s them if there’s that wall in the way?” I ask as we start walking towards Eryn and Rocky.

            “You see the person crossing their legs?” I nod. “Those are Rocky’s shoes so it’s clearly them.”

            “You’re quite observant, like me I am also observant of small details many people miss,” I nudge his arm with my elbow.

            Eunwoo and I approach Rocky and Eryn and wait with them. Eryn raises her eyebrows at me, silently asking why Eunwoo and I arrived together. I shrug my shoulders as if saying, ‘We’re friends now, you’re really going to question this?’ Eryn nods in response and I can’t help but laugh at our silent conversation.

            Hours pass and we’re still waiting; we’ve been waiting for at least twelve hours now. Eryn, Rocky, Eunwoo, and I all found ways to amuse ourselves and took turns going to a coffee run downstairs so at least one of us was here if any news came up. I don’t even know what time it is because I’ve become so tired while waiting that Eryn could tell me I’ve turned into a bird and I’d believe her, that’s how out of it and tired I am.

            Suddenly, I’m fully aware of what’s going on because of MJ running down a hallway and making a noise that sounds like humming but also like he’s almost saying ‘lalalalala’. I can only describe it as an ‘MJ noise’. “Hey, everything okay?” Rocky stands as MJ approaches all of us.

            “Yeah everything’s fine- wait, where’s Anastasia and Bin?” MJ asks no one in particular.

            “They’re on their way now. They were out for dinner for their two-year anniversary,” Eryn informs him.

            “I thought their anniversary was a few days ago?” Eunwoo questions.

            “It is. Both of them were working or busy so tonight was the only time they could’ve gone out and made plans so I told them to come to the hospital after their plans,” Eryn explains.

            “That’s so sweet of you,” Rocky kisses his fiancée’s cheek.

            “I didn’t want to interrupt their plans because they already couldn’t do anything special on their actual anniversary and it’s not like they missed anything if they waited with us,” she laughs. “We were just sitting and waiting.”

            “Back to MJ,” I almost interrupt. “You sounded like you had news,” I say but it sounds more like a question.

            “Oh, right! Everything went well; Skye’s fine and both the baby’s are fine,” he smiles widely. The look on his face almost melts my heart; you can tell he feels like the happiest man on the planet right now because everything went well and both his wife and newborns are fine. “Do you want to come meet them?”

            “Are we able to?” Eunwoo asks him. “Don’t you usually have to wait a little bit to visit?”

            “That’s why I came out here now,” MJ starts. “The twins were born several hours ago but I waited to tell you so that you could just come right in the room to see them and Skye so you didn’t have to wait in anticipation or anything to meet them. Personally, I’d get impatient if I was told once they were born then had to wait another while until doctors or nurses say that people can visit. I hope no one’s mad that you had to wait so long. Oh hey Bin! Hey Anastasia!” MJ turns his attention away from the rest of us. Is it just me or is MJ the only person to call Stasia by her full name Anastasia, other than Bin?

            “Hey, sorry we got here so late,” Stasia apologizes for the both of them as they walk over to the rest of us.

            “Everything okay?” Bin asks.

            “Yeah,” MJ smiles. “I was just telling everyone that you all can come see Skye and the twins now.” We all follow MJ down the hallway he came from and into a room that Skye would’ve been moved to after giving birth.

            “Skye, everyone’s here to see you and meet the twins,” MJ takes his wife’s hand and kisses it softly.

            “You haven’t told them the names we picked out yet?” Skye sighs, clearly tired from the events she just went through.

            “I thought you would want to tell them,” he smiles looking down at her.

            Skye turns her attention back to all of her anxious friends. “We have a boy and a girl,” she smiles. The group of us collectively ‘awweeee’ as she looks over at her newborns.

            “What are their names?” Eryn asks her sister.

            Skye looks back up at MJ and smiles before returning her attention to us. They’re so happy! It melts my heart how adorable this is! “Our boy’s name is Nico and our girl’s name is Rain,” the smile has not left her face.

            “Beautiful names,” I turn to look up at Eunwoo next to me. “Can we hold them?” he smiles and glances down at me.

            “Of course!” MJ perks up in excitement. “Who wants to hold Nico first and who wants to hold Rain?” he smiles.

            We all take turns holding each baby, they are so adorable! We also visit with Skye and MJ, asking how she’s doing and making sure MJ is awake enough to function.

            “There’s the couch so when Skye sleeps, I sleep until one of the babies awakes up,” MJ smiles again. I don’t think this genuinely happy smile will ever leave his face now, if it ever did before.

            We visit for a little bit longer before we collectively decide to let everyone rest because it’s been such a long day for the new parents. “Thank you for coming to visit,” Skye smiles as we exit the room. “We’ll see you soon.”

            “See you soon!” and “Get lots of rest!” and similar phrases are yelled back into the room as MJ escorts everyone out.

            “Thank you for waiting and coming to visit,” MJ speaks to everyone. We all smile back and nod. “Alright, well, I should get back in there. See you guys later,” he waves to us and returns to the room to be with his wife.

            “Hey,” Eunwoo whispers as we trail behind everyone else walking out of the hospital. “Want to do something?”

            “Like what?” I whisper back while playing around with the keychain attached to my car keys.

            “We could always just hang out and watch a movie at my place or yours if you’re up for it?”

            “Sure,” I laugh. “I was just going to go home after dropping you off anyway and probably watch a movie with some popcorn or something,” I tell him truthfully. “Do you want to just hang out at my place and do that?” I look up to him.

            “If I can pick the movie,” he smirks.

            “Deal,” I smile.