Chapter Eleven

Anything Can Happen [HIATUS]

            “Hey, want to play a quick game?” Eunwoo whispers in my ear an hour or two into the flight home.

            “Sure, I guess,” I agree with uncertainty of what this game could possibly be. Eunwoo slides a napkin towards me on his try table and passes me a pen, “Tic tac toe?” I ask him. He simply nods. I shrug and go along with it, playing a few rounds of tic tac toe against Eunwoo on an airplane napkin. I can’t help but laugh quietly to myself.

            Time flies by and the flight is coming to an end. Eunwoo has fallen asleep; his head somehow finding its way to my shoulder and he hasn’t let go of my hand in his since we stopped playing our game of tic tac toe what feels like hours ago.

            “Eunwoo,” I whisper his name. No response. I shake his shoulder with my free hand. “Eunwoo,” I whisper louder. I see him starting to wake up now so I just keep repeating his name until he seems annoyed.

            “You can stop saying my name now,” he chuckles, with his eyes closed still.

            “I just wanted to annoy you,” I smirk even though he can’t see my face.

            “You could never annoy me,” he turns to me with a smile on his face and kisses the back of my hand. I can feel my cheeks heat up, meaning they must be bright pink. “I love making you blush,” he teases.

            “Stop it,” I whine and lightly nudge his shoulder once more.

-

            “We’re back on the ground!” I cheer as Eunwoo and I exit the airport.

            “You’re so weird,” I hear him chuckle.

            “I know that. You love it though, I can tell,” I look up at him.

            “I love you,” he smiles. My heart melts at his words. Every time he says that, my heart skips several beats- or stops altogether.

            Eunwoo and I find his car in the parking lot and put our luggage in the back before we head out and headed home.

-

            “Need help with your stuff?” Eunwoo asks as he rolls down his window while I get my luggage out of his car.

            “No, I’ll be okay. Thank you though,” I smile to myself at his thoughtfulness to offer help. “I’ll probably crash on the couch or make it to my room and sleep as soon as my head hits my pillow,” I laugh as I close the door.

            I say goodbye to Eunwoo as I watch him drive away. I walk straight to my room and fall back on my bed.

-

            “Do you take this man to be your husband?” I’ve been waiting to be asked this question all day.

            “I do,” I smile.

            “And do you, Eunwoo, take this woman to be your wife?”

            Eunwoo glances down at me with a smile on his face, “I do.”

            “I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride.” Eunwoo and I turn to face each other. Eunwoo starts to lean in and I can feel the butterflies in my stomach flip. He presses his lips softly against mine and I can’t help but smile a little bit into the kiss.

            I just married the love of my life!

            I wake up, almost feeling jolted. I’m sitting straight up and feeling anxious. Well, that was an unexpected dream. I mean, I know I’ve basically been in love with Eunwoo for years and we’re dating now but this has never happened before…

            I feel a sense of anxiety and panic again when my phone starts to ring. I check the caller ID and it’s Eryn. “Hey,” I answer. “What’s up?” I ask in the midst of yawning.

            “I have my final dress fitting in a few hours; will you come with me?” She sounds anxious, for obvious reasons.

            “Of course, yeah. What time should I meet you there?”

            “Meet me at the shop around two o’clock, and thank you for coming with me,” she says.

            “No problem at all,” I reply. I glance at the clock on my nightstand, “I’ll see you in about three hours,” I chuckle quietly.

            We hang up and I get ready. After changing out of my clothes from yesterday I check the time on my phone but get distracted by a text from Eunwoo.

            EUNWOO:

            I MISS YOU… WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY?

MADISEN:

I’M MEETING ERYN IN A COUPLE HOURS FOR HER FINAL DRESS FITTING

            EUNWOO:

            CAN I DRIVE YOU THERE? I WANNA SEE YOU… <3

MADISEN:

PICK ME UP IN HALF AN HOUR AND YOU’LL BE ABLE TO SEE ME FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF UNTIL I HAVE TO MEET ERYN ;P

            EUNWOO:

            DEAL ;P SEE YOU IN HALF AN HOUR :)

MADISEN:

SEE YOU SOON :) LOVE YOU <3

            EUNWOO:

            LOVE YOU TOO BABY

            My heart skips a beat when he calls me ‘baby’. I usually don’t care for nicknames but Eunwoo is different, plus I love him too much to tell him I don’t like the cute nicknames he uses.

            Half an hour passes and I hear Eunwoo’s car horn from outside. I quickly make my way outside and lock my front door. I approach his car with the biggest smile on my face.

            “Hi,” he greets when I get in the car.

            “Hey,” I reply and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. “What did you want to do for an hour and a half until I meet Eryn?” I ask him as he pulls out of the driveway and onto the road.

            “How about we just go for a drive?” he suggests.

            “Okay, I’m okay with whatever,” I shrug.

            “Madi?” I look at Eunwoo’s side profile. He’s so handsome, how did I get so lucky? “I love you,” he takes my hand in his and kisses the back of it, still keeping his eyes on the road.

            “I love you too,” I smile.

            A comfortable silence falls over us and we stay like this for the remainder of our time spent together. Eunwoo drives me to the shop I’m meeting Eryn at and kisses me goodbye. “Text me when you need to be picked up, I’ll come back for you,” he smiles before kissing me again.

            I thank him with a smile and a nod. “Love you. One last kiss,” I kiss him one last time before opening the car door and exiting his car.

            I walk into the shop to be greeted by an excited, or anxious, Eryn. “Who just dropped you off? I saw you get out of someone’s car…” she raises an eyebrow.

            “Eunwoo dropped me off,” I tell her as nonchalantly as I can and shrug. No one in our group of friends knows we’re actually dating so I don’t know if I should tell her; I know I should talk to Eunwoo first.

            “How’s that friendship going?” she asks. “Does it get kind of awkward since, you know, you still like him?”

            “No, it doesn’t get awkward. We’ve become best friends so it’s not that bad,” I shrug again.

            “I thought I was your best friend?” she sounds offended but I know it’s sarcasm when she immediately laughs after her statement.

            “You are but Eunwoo has also become my best friend,” I laugh along with her.

            “I have one question about your close friendship though…” her voice trails off.

            “Okay…” I don’t know what to expect from her question.

            “You said Eunwoo is your, like guy best friend?” I nod. “When did you guys start with the whole kissing thing?” Oh no! She saw that?! How do I explain this?

            “Uhhh…”