Chapter Five

Anything Can Happen [HIATUS]

            Many months pass and Eunwoo and I have still been spending quite a bit of time together; for example, if Eryn asks me to run an errand for her like meet with a florist or a decorator for the wedding, Eunwoo tags along and vice versa if he runs an errand for Rocky. We’ve become very close friends now that we’ve agreed to try and actually be friends; it just works out that way. I’ve stopped avoiding him and he doesn’t tease me, except in a lighthearted manner that’s amusing and I find funny.

            My feelings for Eunwoo haven’t changed; if anything, I like him even more now than I did in high school if that’s even possible. It’s hard to be friends when you’re practically in love with the other but don’t want to ruin the friendship by saying anything.

            EUNWOO:

            HEY :) WHAT’RE YOU DOING?

MADISEN:

I HAVE TO GO MEET WITH THE FLORIST FOR ERYN AND ROCKY’S ARRANGEMENTS AND SUCH BECAUSE ERYN AND ROCKY WERE GETTING STRESSED SO I SAID I WOULD DO IT LOL I ALSO TOLD THEM I DIDN’T MIND ANYWAY

            EUNWOO:

            I WOULD BE STRESSED TOO IF MY WEDDING WAS IN JUST OVER TWO MONTHS

            CAN I COME WITH? ;P

MADISEN:

OF COURSE! I DON’T WANT TO GO ALONE AND YOU USUALLY COME WITH ME ANYWAY ;P

            EUNWOO:

            WE HAVE PRETTY MUCH DONE EVERYTHING TOGETHER LMAO

MADISEN:

TRUE BUT WHAT ARE BEST FRIENDS FOR? HAHAHA

            EUNWOO:

            I’LL BE AT YOUR PLACE IN 10 MINUTES

MADISEN:

OKAY :) SEE YOU SOON

            I wait for Eunwoo to get here, twiddling my thumbs. Why after all these months that he still makes me nervous every time I see him? My attention is caught again by the doorbell ringing and my front door opening. “Hey,” Eunwoo smiles as he walks in.

            “Did I say you could just walk in here?” I walk over to hit and playfully hit his chest, ignoring his initial greeting.

            “It’s never been an issue before. Besides, you love me,” he winks. You’re right, I do love you.

            I shake my head quickly, trying to get rid of my love-struck thoughts. “Ready to go?” Eunwoo nods in response.

-

            We arrive at the florist to be greeted by Eryn and Rocky themselves, walking out of the small store location. “What are you guys doing here?” I ask them, trying not to sound rude or anything by my choice of words.

            “You didn’t get my text?” Eryn asks me and I shake my head. “I texted saying that Rocky and I would come talk to the florist so you didn’t have to come all the way down here,” she laughs quietly. I take my phone out of my pocket and check my notifications. Eryn did text me saying exactly that. Why did I just get this text now?

            “So,” Rocky breaks the short silence between the four of us. “What are you two doing?” I look up at Eunwoo and see him raise an eyebrow at Rocky. “Eryn said she texted Madi and she said she’d talk to the florist for us…” Rocky’s voice becomes quiet.

            “I texted Madi and asked what she was doing and when she told me, I asked if I could come with her since I had nothing to do,” Eunwoo laughs. I can’t help but internally swoon at Eunwoo’s beautiful features.

            “Madi,” Eryn whispers as she lightly taps my shoulder while Rocky and Eunwoo continue their own conversation. She holds up her phone and points to it with her other hand. I look down at my own phone to see a text from her. Why?

            ERYN:

            WHAT’S UP? I CAN SEE YOU OBVIOUSLY LIKE EUNWOO STILL…

MADISEN:

IS IT THAT OBVIOUS?

            ERYN:

            YES… YOUR EYES PRACTICALLY TURN INTO HEARTS EVERY TIME YOU LOOK AT HIM…

            LIKE THE EMOJI!!! YOU’RE THE HEART-EYES EMOJI OMG

MADISEN:

I AM NOT…

            ERYN:

            DON’T DENY IT…

MADISEN:

FINE… I LOVE HIM…

            ERYN:

            SEE? THAT WASN’T SO HARD ;P

MADISEN:

SHUT UP… I CAN’T HELP IT… IT’S LIKE I NEVER FORGOT MY FEELINGS FOR HIM AND NOW THAT WE’RE FRIENDS, IT’S LIKE I HAVE MORE FEELINGS FOR HIM IF THAT’S EVEN POSSIBLE…

            Eryn stops replying and she looks up at me, almost apologetic. I raise an eyebrow at her but she says nothing.

            The four of us finish up our conversations and part ways; Eryn and Rocky going home to probably continue planning or just to hang out at home. Eunwoo and I decide to hang out at his place and watch a movie, like always.

            As Eunwoo and I watch the movie, I sneak quick glances at him. Every time I glance at him it’s like he can’t stop thinking of something that’s bothering him. I can see it in his eyes, something’s off. I reach forward to pick up the remote off Eunwoo’s coffee table and pause the movie. I turn to face him on the couch, now sitting cross-legged. “Okay, what’s wrong?”

            “Nothing’s wrong,” his voice is quiet. He’s definitely bothered by something…

            I raise an eyebrow. “I can tell you’re bothered by something… So, what is it?”

            Eunwoo takes a deep breath as he looks down at his hands in his lap. “I’m sorry,” is all he says for a moment. “I’m so sorry.”

            “What are you sorry for?” I ask quietly.

            “I’m sorry for what I did to you in high school. I just was going through a rough patch all through high school and I didn’t even realize I was hurting you. You were such a good friend to me in seventh and eighth grade and then I basically turn on you in ninth grade… I don’t know what I was thinking for putting you through so much teasing and mockery.” Now the tears start to fall all at once. I’ve never seen Eunwoo cry and it breaks my heart to know that this has been building up inside him for so long.

            “I have no other words to explain myself but I’m so unbelievably sorry for what I did to you; I know I affected your self-esteem and made fun of you for pointless reasons. Could you ever forgive me?” he looks me in the eyes now.

            “I forgave you for all this a while ago… Why are you bringing it up now?” I ask, keeping my voice calm and quiet.

            “I can’t thank you enough for re-entering my life and being my friend again after everything I put you through. Thank you for talking to me again.” I can’t help but smile at his words.

            “Can you tell me why you did it though?” I need to know and now is the time to ask.

            “I was going through a tough time, it’s still tough honestly. I don’t want to talk about it but I can’t stop thinking about it and I just don’t know what to do,” he runs his hands through his hair, clearly frustrated by whatever it is bothering him. “I just wish I could run away from it all. We should just run away,” he turns to me again.

            “Okay,” I shrug. “When do we leave?”