♡ : 06

Fall In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER SIX [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Fall In by omona-mark [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

There was a very clear chill in the air despite the bright sun. Residents of South Korea knew that with the coming months that would soon lead to December, it was simply the beginning of the colder season until winter hits completely. For Hong Jisoo, his mind couldn’t help but think that this sort of scenario reminded him a bit too much of his current situation. There was the bright sun—his soulmate finally appearing, the fact that they met at all—yet there was also the obvious cold that made him wonder whether the sun was actually there or not.

It took a while before the reality of his situation really sunk in. It's only been over a week since he finally met his soulmate in person. He considered it a wild ride from start to finish; that’s if it really was the end at all, Jisoo wasn’t so sure yet. Still, Jun had made it pretty clear that he had no intention of taking the idea of soulmates seriously. To make matters worse, it seemed like he was also explicitly against the idea of Jisoo as a soulmate. They had just met, it really shouldn’t have bothered the producer as much, but of course it did.

“So what you’re saying is,” Seungcheol began, eyes wide in disbelief. “Your soulmate hates you?”

Jisoo groaned, nodded, and took another bite of his burger to prevent himself from saying anything further. A few days after meeting Jun, Soonyoung had eventually asked their little group to meet up over lunch, blissfully unaware of what Jisoo was going through. Jihoon was predictably busy and not present, leaving it just the three of them as usual. Normally, Jisoo wasn’t the type to explicitly share about his life, but these were his trusted friends after all. They both knew of his soulmate woes, too.

“I’m not sure if that’s more surprising than the fact that your soulmate is Jun, of all people,” Soonyoung commented soon after.

“I feel the same way,” the brunette answered back solemnly, thoughts involuntarily drifting towards the way Jun’s wings would flap behind him and just how ethereal everything looked, before zeroing back in to the annoyed look on his face whenever he had to interact with Jisoo. He really thought he’d be better than this when it came to his soulmate. Granted, he never really imagined such a situation, but he always figured soulmates just meant happy endings and a sweet relationship. 

As if reading his mind, Seungcheol huffed, “I didn’t even know it was possible for soulmates not to work out.”

“Isn’t Jun promoting a soulmate concept right now?” Soonyoung suddenly asked before Jisoo could respond to the previous statement. The latter frowned, but nodded nonetheless, which earned an exagerrated gasp. “That’s some irony there, Jisoo.”

“Tell me about it,” the other boy muttered.

The topic died down eventually, or at least, Jisoo's two companions realized it might have been a touchy subject even if the brunette had voluntarily talked about it. In a way, they weren't exactly wrong; he was more than upset about the situation. Hearing it come from other people just made Jisoo feel like it was being constantly shoved in his face that his soulmate rejected him. At the same time, he just wanted to talk about it forever. It was something he could go on for days. He already could back when things were positive and he was blissfully unaware of how Jun was, to the point that Seungcheol would jokingly tell him to shut up about soulmates. 

They ended up talking about more random things like new drama shows, which songs are nice nowadays, which restaurants to eat at—for Jisoo, it became a pleasant distraction, even just for the few hours they were together. Eventually, Soonyoung had to rush back home, leaving Seungcheol and Jisoo to discuss whatever topic they were at as they left the restaurant. They lived in fairly the same area and so decided to take the bus back home together. Jisoo could tell that Seungcheol had a slightly awkward air around him, dodging topics like love and even the music industry, but the other man clearly had something he wanted to talk about.

"Cheol, it's not like it's a forbidden topic now," Jisoo said eventually as they took their seats on board the bus, unable to take the fidgety eyes. "I told you guys for a reason."

Visibly relaxing into his seat, Seungcheol sighed, "sorry, it's just weird. I just didn't imagine you in a situation like this."

"It's fine, it's not like it's your fault or anything."

"When are you seeing him again?" the dark haired boy asked.

If he were being honest, Jisoo didn't even know. He dropped by the office building immediately the day after their initial meeting, but the idol was nowhere to be found. Sometimes Jun was there, sometimes he wasn't, and they never interacted for more than a few minutes at most. He wasn't sure who to ask regarding Jun's schedule or if he even should, considering how Jun might just make things hell f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter