♡ : 03

Fall In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER THREE [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Fall In by omona-mark [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

To say that Hong Jisoo was in a state of shock was an understatement.

It was one thing to go from checking out Jun's songs to realizing the guy was his soulmate—and no, he wasn't overjoyed by it, despite how active his wings were being behind him. Sure enough, Jisoo saw the same brightly coloured wings even outside of the soulmate music video. They were in every other video and photo of Jun he could find, thanks to the Internet. If the singer hadn't been on a break when he came to Korea, maybe he would have realized sooner. It would have been better compared to his mini meltdown in the middle of his apartment. 

Despite being a romantic, he was more on the hopeless part; Jisoo had been quite resigned to his fate of never meeting his soulmate before he even knew about Jun (as melodramatic as that sounded), but now for some reason, that feeling merely doubled. He finally found his soulmate: an unattainable, unbelievably handsome, popular artist with a large fanbase ready to tear him apart for stealing their prince. Jun probably won't even give Jisoo a second glance, soulmate or not, since he was just a regular guy after all. 

That is, if they ever meet to begin with.

Jisoo didn't sleep very well that night, dreams filled with pink wings and blue feathers, blue wings and pink feathers—white tips—and being ridiculously happy even if nothing has even happened yet. The sort of happiness he didn't allow himself to have when he woke up. It was too early to celebrate. He did allow himself the small joy of finally knowing who his soulmate was, though; that their ages were similar (he was a year older, apparently, thanks Google), and at least in the same country. 

The next day had Jisoo hyperaware of everything around him. 

The thing with having a famous pop idol as a soulmate was that there was essentially no escape from it.

Jisoo learned this the hard way.

Specifically, how Jun's comeback ushered in a new wave of advertisements from the Chinese Prince. Maybe the commercials and banners have always been there, just unnoticed, or maybe they really did just begin popping out now that Jun’s had his comeback. Either way, Jisoo’s morning news watch had a preview of Jun’s music video before and after it. His walk to a good breakfast spot—a small effort to leave his apartment and hopefully not see any more of the videos—involved taking the train first, with the train station littered with signages of Jun’s face and wings. 

Walking around Hongdae’s busy streets in general had him wondering if he was hallucinating hearing the song, only to find that a small town square was playing it on full blast. 

There was a stage in the center of the area, with banners that had Jun’s name and face on it, but the wings an obvious fake white, hiding the real ones that only Jisoo could see. There were a few people working around the area, setting up speakers and lights and what not. A few feet in front of the stage, rows of fans were already seated, chattering animatedly about what Jisoo guessed must be Jun’s comeback. Some of them were wearing fake white wings, too. The type you could buy at random stores.

It took a few seconds before something clicked in Jisoo’s head.

Jun was holding some sort of fan meeting. Here. Where he was currently standing, basking in the ambience of the song and the fans and everything he’s been trying to ignore.

His first instinct was to bolt, run far away, hide inside some cafe, anything that took him away from being in the vicinity with his soulmate. He didn’t even know what time the event started, whether or not the amount of fans already present meant it was starting soon, before it was too late. The music stopped—which must have meant something only the fans understood because they began screaming excitedly—and there was an announcement that played, cutting through the loud shouts.

"Thank you to everyone who has been waiting—"

In the midst of the screams, Jisoo was able to make out one thing: the event was starting. 

He was standing farther away from the overall area at first, before eventually being pushed closer by the amount of people who began to crow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter