♥︎ : 04

Fall In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER FOUR [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Fall In by omona-mark [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

If there was anything anybody needed to know about Wen Junhui, it was this: he didn't believe in soulmates. At least, he didn't believe that it was necessary to find his soulmate, since the wings on his back were enough proof that they existed. His parents had gotten married through an arranged marriage and it worked out fine, even two kids later and 24 years down the road. Neither had the urge to look for their real soulmate just like most of China's community, deciding it was more practical than a fantasy romance. At a young age, Junhui had figured he could do the same, although maybe not the arranged marriage part. Falling in love because he was actually in love with the person, wings be damned, felt a lot better. 

So when the company insisted on a soulmate concept, his initial response was to decline. 

"I'm not comfortable with it," Junhui said during the meeting, which was promptly ignored. He'll have to learn to be okay with it in the end since his audience was widely in South Korean, anyway. The company employee who sat beside him then nudged him with a teasing grin and joked about how he might find his real soulmate through all this, the lucky one who could see his real wings. Junhui could only wince in response and force out a smile. The last thing he needed were delusional fans who would insist on being his soulmate, although he knew he would only truly see his soulmate's wings after all and vice versa. Whoever his soulmate was, they would have seen his wings long ago, after all.

Perhaps, the last thing he really needed was his soulmate popping out from out of nowhere, ruining his chances of being South Korea’s beloved idol for a long time. Relationships could either make or break an artist; he was supposed to cater to the masses, not just one person. What would that leave his fans, then? Especially on the off chance that his soulmate was in the same vicinity. What if they were a fan this whole time or someone who became one through this concept? Would they love their image of Prince Jun or for who Junhui was himself? It was small things like this that made Junhui want nothing to do with meeting his soulmate.

Despite the concept, it didn't change Junhui's love for what he did.

The stage and all its glory was still something he enjoyed, while fan service came easily to him regardless of the topic. It's not like his fans knew his stance on soulmates anyway and he made sure to keep it that way. It was relatively easy to act how the company wanted him to act, too. His princely status and image was now completed with the idea of having a princess—or prince, he wasn’t picky, although South Korea certainly was—to match. The thing was, his romantic image had only been further cemented with this concept, which they would probably milk for another comeback or two. 

"Who knows? One of you right now could be my real soulmate."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter