Ch.8

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 3~

Ch.8


~Last time~

 

“Get some sleep. Tomorrow is no doubt going to be a long day.” Jeonghan said, holding onto Miri's hand.

 

She leaned on his shoulders and closed her eyes with everyone slowly falling asleep right behind her.


~Now~

 

Everyone was awake right before the sun started to peak through the smoke clouds and began packing for what they thought was going to be a very long day.

 

“Do you think they're expecting us?” Hana asked, moving closer to Miri and Jeonghan as they put their bags in the jeep.

 

“They don't even know we've found them and I hope it stays that way until we're right up their .” Miri grumbles, slowly moving around the car.

 

She knows it was her idea to go in the morning, but she hated waking up so bloody early.

 

“Which is good. It means we have the upper hand.” Alex said, walking up to them slowly.

 

“I see your is still here.” Miri said, squinting her eyes at the guy.

 

“I figured I have a better chance of surviving if I'm with a group of people who have strong leaders.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Oh so now he's kissing .” Chung Gi said, coming up behind the group with his bag on his shoulder.

 

“Yeah, well...today we might need him to kick .” Myon said, glaring at the guy.

 

He was still pretty pissed about what happened because he had never seen his twin get so angry at one person before.

 

“As long as I don't have to fight a girl.” Alex said, putting his hands up in defense.

 

“Scared another one will rip you a new ?” Elyza asked, slapping down on Alex's shoulder hard.

 

“Yes actually.” Alex said, rubbing his arm.

 

“We should get going. Everyone is packed and ready.” Chung Gi said, looking around at the others who were already sitting in their vehicles.

 

“Then let's get going. The more we wait, the more likely they are to die.” Miri said, getting in the drivers side.

 

“Are you ever going to let me drive?” Jeonghan asks, hopping into the passenger's seat.

 

“Maybe.” she said, putting her seat belt on before following behind Chung Gi as he drove away.

 

~Chaeri POV~

 

I woke up to the sound of the bathroom sink running and someone shuffling around.

 

“Nice to see you awake.” JR said, coming out of the bathroom with a towel in front of his face.

 

“How long was I asleep?” I asked, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the blurriness.

 

“About ten hours. Jihoon woke up an hour ago.” JR said, causing me to turn my head towards him so fast my neck snapped.

 

“You could have led with that.” I said, getting out of bed quickly before swaying.

 

“How about you move slower and actually get dressed. He wouldn't be very pleased to see you run out into a camp of mostly guys with what you're wearing.” JR said, looking pointedly at the large shirt I was wearing.

 

I grumbled before getting clothes and going into the bathroom.

 

“That's better. Someone was just here to get you so I guess we should go.” JR said, messing with the front of his hair.

 

“That was kind of the plan.” I said, fixing my hair as best as I could while it was wet.

 

“Do you think the others know we are okay?” JR asked, closing the door behind us as we went to the medical tent.

 

“We all saw the way Suye was when she came back. They probably think we're dead.” I said, nerves exploding as we got closer to the tent.

 

“Miri wouldn't give up that easy and neither will the others. Calm down Chae Rin. He's perfectly fine.” JR said, grabbing my upper arm and squeezing it a little.

 

I nodded stiffly before entering the tent.

 

“You are okay.” Jihoon said, moving from the bed despite Catherine's advances to keep him seated.

 

“Why wouldn't I be?” I asked, moving forward as well.

 

“Waking up to that idiot wasn't exactly fun.” he grumbled, looking at JR before enveloping me in a tight hug.

 

“I had to wake up to him for the last week. The least you could do is deal with it for a day.” I said, hugging him back just as tight.

 

“Thanks guys.” JR grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“I missed you so much.” I mumbled, trying to snuggling in closer.

 

“I missed you too.” Jihoon whispered, kissing my neck lightly.

 

“GUYS! We think we might be under attack.” one of the girls, Jean, said bursting into the tent.

 

“Why do you think that?” I asked, turning in Jihoon's arms to look at her.

 

“Because multiple cars are coming into view. Andrew thinks it's your group.” she said quickly, trying to catch her breath.

 

“I told you Miri wouldn't give up.” JR said, his words blowing by as I ran from the tent to the front of the camp.

 

“Chaeri, are those your people?” Andrew asked, looking at me as soon as I was close enough to him.

 

“Yeah. That's my brother's car in the front.” I said, nodding my head constantly.

 

I couldn't believe they had found us so fast.

 

“Maybe we should try and catch all of them.” Wade said, watching the cars as they got closer.

 

“Are you ing dumb?” I asked, getting ready to punch him.

 

“Now isn't the time to fight. The fact that they hope the three are still alive is the only reason why we are still alive.” Andrew said, throwing a glare at Wade.

 

“So how do you want to play this?” Brandon asked, looking down from his place on the wall.

 

“Get them all out of their cars and bring them in. Chaeri will be the first to greet them. None of you and I mean NONE of you are to go near them.” Andrew says, glaring at Wade again.

 

Wade throws his hands up in surrender.

 

“WHERE IS MY SISTER?!” Chung Gi's voice booms throughout the camp.

 

“She's right inside the gate waiting for you. All of you step out of your vehicles and we'll let you in.” Brandon says, leaning forwards.

 

“You expect us to be that dumb?” Myon asks, clearly not amused at Brandon's words.

 

“Go up onto to the wall so they can see you.” Andrew says, patting my shoulder lightly.

 

I nod before climbing up the wall where I can clearly see my brother glaring at Brandon.

 

“Can you guys just get out of the cars and come in. It's been a week.” I says watching as Chung Gi's head quickly snaps in my direction.

I watch as Chung Gi quickly motions for everyone to get out before the gates open and I jump down from the wall to meet them there.

 

“KITTY!!!!!” Miri screeches, before I am body slammed into the ground.


….........and that's where I'm ending it because I can't put the entire reunion into this chapter XD I finally got my new laptop and have been setting it up for the last two days. Finally on the third day of having it I decided it was time to write with it for the first time. I can finally see all the words I'm writing again XD I hope you guys like this chapter and I'll see you again next time :) BAIBAI <3